Is this the most casual friendly MMO of all time?

sanzuu

I think it is.

I've never seen a game, or community so hostile to 'hardcore' PvE/PvP players in my entire life. This may as well be the Bejeweled forums.

Did Bioware design this game with the intention to keep serious players out? The game doesn't even have a combat log, it doesn't have addon support, it has released a few days from 2012 with no ranked PvP system. How is that acceptable? Do BW have any idea how big the 'e-sport' market is for MMO's?

I could go on, and on, but it seems this game is very unfriendly towards players who want to play competitively/with skill.

Why keep out such a large potential userbase? I suspect its because of the IP monster that is Star Wars. Such a huge brand is going to bring people to this game that have never even played MMO's before, whereas games like Rift, GW2, etc. know what type of gamer they are getting and cater to them. Adding some sort of challenge in the game would only be a blow to the many potential subs they could get, and keeping out the hardcore players and keeping the scrubs happy has probably been determined as the best way to make that dollar.

You will not find EJ/AJ/WCM type communities for this game, there is no depth to this game.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is.

I've never seen a game, or community so hostile to 'hardcore' PvE/PvP players in my entire life. This may as well be the Bejeweled forums.

Did Bioware design this game with the intention to keep serious players out? The game doesn't even have a combat log, it doesn't have addon support, it has released a few days from 2012 with no ranked PvP system. How is that acceptable? Do BW have any idea how big the 'e-sport' market is for MMO's?

I could go on, and on, but it seems this game is very unfriendly towards players who want to play competitively/with skill.

Why keep out such a large potential userbase? I suspect its because of the IP monster that is Star Wars. Such a huge brand is going to bring people to this game that have never even played MMO's before, whereas games like Rift, GW2, etc. know what type of gamer they are getting and cater to them. Adding some sort of challenge in the game would only be a blow to the many potential subs they could get, and keeping out the hardcore players and keeping the scrubs happy has probably been determined as the best way to make that dollar.

You will not find EJ/AJ/WCM type communities for this game, there is no depth to this game.

Because I can already sense that your a WoW troll...

a) WoW did not support addons at launch

b) never mind a combat log, WoW had no PvP at launch

How casual is THAT!?!?!

TOR has only just just launched.

Yes it needs some tweaks like UI customization/scaling, more efficient auction house etc etc.

But as you well know these types of things will be added organically, same as they were with WoW and every other MMORPG to date.

Fail troll 2/10.

Driz

Edited by ImperialSun

You indirectly berate casuals and make sweeping statements like "the game has no depth" and expect to be welcomed or taken seriously?

If you don't like what the game has to offer and the players it caters to, don't play, don't post and let the rest of us have our fun.

Edited by archifikoss

Don't play the game?

They'll either add the features you asked about, or they won't. Creating another thread about it is redundant.

By definition, a game is supposed to be recreation. While some of those features are probably going to be added in the future, my outlook on it is this:

The game is fun without them

Games are supposed to be fun.

If you make the game a "job" that you have to be "competitive" at, then you're doing life wrong.

I think it is.

yes, off you go and please don't look back.

Because I can already sense that your a WoW troll...

a) WoW did not support addons at launch

b) never mind a combat log, WoW had no PvP at launch

How casual is THAT!?!?!

TOR has only just just launched.

Yes it needs some tweaks like UI customization/scaling, more efficient auction house etc etc.

But as you well know these types of things will be added organically, same as they were with WoW and every other MMORPG to date.

Fail troll 2/10.

Driz

a) Yes it did.

b) Yes it did, though it had no battlegrounds at launch.

This game is for casuals, so who cares? why do you feel that it has to be for hardcore gamers? When you come from EQ to wow, wow is for casuals as well. Same discussion was happening when wow launched. nothing new or ground breaking by anything that you said.

Move along.

I think it is.

You clearly have yet to play the game and if you have you really have not gotten very far. The reason i am sure is because you are so used to playing easy mode wow that you have died so many times in TOR your droid wont res you anymore.

That being said you are off on all of your comments. This game is quite challenging compared to WoW. Actually I even found Rift to be a lot easier than this game. This game has plenty of depth as well...The story grabs you and brings you in...You really get attached to your character and there is every kind of Star Wars character you can think of. The game just came out so stop trolling and go back to your old pos game called WoW.

I think it is.

I think it's casual friendly, but if you think it's keeping out a large potential userbase, then you have some good stuff you're smoking.

I think it is.

Although, I'm not as venomous as you; I do agree in part. I think combat log, dps meters, target-of-target and other features are needed to at least appease people like you and I. I am a hardcore PvPer and I do feel as though there are certain tools that are needed to make this game hold my attention for longer than a month. At this moment I'm having a great time and I see a bright future as long as they start added features to add depth.

I think it is.

So, you are a serious gamer and i am not? What's your problem troll? Expecting to have EVERYTHING that WoW has after so many years on DAY ONE? Go play WoW with pandas and leave us play TOR. My God, its the first official day of the game! Good luck with your panda monk, and your broken pvp in wow. I was and still am a wow player, but i m sick and tired of people like you.

a) Yes it did.

b) Yes it did, though it had no battlegrounds at launch.

a) i dont remember

b) it had no BG's or any type of honor, rank, nor gear rewards from or for pvp

My vote for most casual friendly game would be Rift. I never needed to group in that game as I leveled up, and most of the time I didn't. On my dps I had 1 macro that could do my rotation, and when healing I would only need 2 buttons.

Edited by BBQpizza

It's ok that you are casual, it really is. If you love to just watch stuff die, not really knowing if your using optimal rotations or things of that nature, not a big deal; however, there are many users that play games, not just to "play the game" but also be great at it.

By the way, even more than features that are lacking, I think the main problem I see so far is the community. In general in starting areas and in main cities I find people that act...well...just like you. Hopefully you will eventually become the silent minority instead of the part of the norm.

But either way, play how you like, but don't get so mad about people requesting that changes be made. Those requests are no different than being at a work party and they order pizza. Some people don't like sausage, so they say "I would like to eat the pizza but if you order sausage I can't eat it, would you please make half of one a cheese." Reasonable request right? What's not reasonable is someone like you screaming "Sausage is the most amazing thing ever and if you like cheese you can die in a fire you LOSER!!! GET OUT OF MY OFFICE PARTYYY!!!!"

Your kind is odd, but entertaining. (from a distance)

So you really think that OP's venomous post warranted a serious reply?

Play the way you want to, I agree... but don't act all superior and uppity like OP because you spend more time on the game. You're not.

First of all, you want to play competitive PVP go ladder on Starcraft II, there's nothing better.

MMOs are not supposed to be about competitive PVP, and should not be designed with it in mind. With that said, PVP is quite possibly - even though some carebears want to make believe otherwise - the what truly moves the majority of MMO'ers, at least in this game. Just look at the server lists and realize that the most popped servers are PVP. Thats a pretty clear message to me at least: people want PVP, and more specifically, people want Star WARS.

But in MMOs PVP should be in-character centered, it should be merged with the story and in the end, have some sort of meaning. But "meaning" doesnt mean items or e-peen growing, it means being integrated into the global story/setting/universe of the MMO.

While I can understand that a lvl 15 Warzoning vs much higher levels is odd to say teh least, I do believe it is directly connected to the demand and server management, its all part of the same strategy. I have no doubts that Bioware will change the way Warzones and pairings are structured in a month time.

You indirectly berate casuals and make sweeping statements like "the game has no depth" and expect to be welcomed or taken seriously?

If you don't like what the game has to offer and the players it caters to, don't play, don't post and let the rest of us have our fun.

My sentiments exactly. Hardcore elitists are what drive me from the games I love in the first place. People who take things so seriously they poison and infect the potential enjoyment of the game for others. I'm a competitive player, I like to win and enjoy myself and I consider myself a decent gamer but these past five or six years have seen some truly horrid creatures rear their ugly head; you know - people who turn the game into a mathematical equation.

The minute spreadsheets and theory crafting arrived on the scene in WoW, I was gone... Good-fooking-luck.

a) i dont remember

b) it had no BG's or any type of honor, rank, nor gear rewards from or for pvp

Re B:

PvP was always better when it has no reason to happen other than the joy of killing your fellow player.

Honor systems and BG type systems generally turn PvP from a joy into just another grind.

Back in UO, sometimes people wouldn't even loot your stuff when they ganked you. They'd leave it there in your corpse to rot and they'd just go find someone else to kill.

The kill is all that should matter.

My sentiments exactly. Hardcore elitists are what drive me from the games I love in the first place. People who take things so seriously they poison and infect the potential enjoyment of the game for others. I'm a competitive player, I like to win and enjoy myself and I consider myself a decent gamer but these past five or six years have seen some truly horrid creatures rear their ugly head; you know - people who turn the game into a mathematical equation.

The minute spreadsheets and theory crafting arrived on the scene in WoW, I was gone... Good-fooking-luck.

And you know... I don't hate hardcore or competitive players. Nor do I hate the avid spreadheet/min-max/number cruncher types. If it's what they enjoy, more power to them... But what I do hate, is people who act superior. It's not the elite, it's the elitist attitude that riles me up.

I think it is.

I hope to God it is.