Battlefront 2 (SWTOR related)

ScottishDrunk

EA are making a huge mess of BF2 with their RNG loot boxes.

Clearly it’s EA pushing this business model, as they did it with both the CM and GC here.

Why aren’t they seeing the mess they made of games with them?

Is it just their locust mentality of consuming as much as they can as quick as they can then moving on?

Or are they just crap at making games?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what they found out, is that most people are happy to play sheep and most people will buy into it. So they make use of that.

I saw this coming so I didn't even order the game and am glad for it. More RNG loot crates is a frustration I don't need.

EA are making a huge mess of BF2 with their RNG loot boxes.

Clearly it’s EA pushing this business model, as they did it with both the CM and GC here.

Why aren’t they seeing the mess they made of games with them?

Is it just their locust mentality of consuming as much as they can as quick as they can then moving on?

Or are they just crap at making games?

I know this will be in Off-Topic soon, but ever since EA started this with Swtor, and another game, the Executives have made it clear for All game, with maybe exception of their Sports titles, that Micro-transactions are here to stay.

1 reason is because the games of today are more worth $100.00 to $120.00, not counting DLC's

2) So they can make money off some suckers, including me sometimes, where some people have spents $1,000 to 1700 dollars in one month. Ea can make a good 50 Million or more, whether they need it, or just to rip off people

I know this will be in Off-Topic soon, but ever since EA started this with Swtor, and another game, the Executives have made it clear for All game, with maybe exception of their Sports titles, that Micro-transactions are here to stay.

1 reason is because the games of today are more worth $100.00 to $120.00, not counting DLC's

2) So they can make money off some suckers, including me sometimes, where some people have spents $1,000 to 1700 dollars in one month. Ea can make a good 50 Million or more, whether they need it, or just to rip off people

Nope.... it's in the sports titles to. Everything from Madden to the NBA2K games are full of micro transaction loot boxes. That's one of the main reasons I haven't bought BF2, Madden, & NBA this year. I refuse to support corporate greed.

Well ...

𝕿𝖍𝖊 💰 𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖙 💰 𝖎𝖘 💰 𝖙𝖔 💰 𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖛𝖎𝖉𝖊 💰 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊𝖗𝖘 💰 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 💰 𝖆 💰 𝖘𝖊𝖓𝖘𝖊 💰 𝖔𝖋 💰 𝖕𝖗𝖎𝖉𝖊 💰 𝖆𝖓𝖉 💰 𝖆𝖈𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖕𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖍𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙 💰 𝖋𝖔𝖗 💰 𝖚𝖓𝖑𝖔𝖈𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌 💰 𝖉𝖎𝖋𝖋𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙 💰 𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖔𝖊𝖘. 💰 𝕬𝖘 💰 𝖋𝖔𝖗 💰 𝖈𝖔𝖘𝖙, 💰 𝖜𝖊 💰 𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖈𝖙𝖊𝖉 💰 𝖎𝖓𝖎𝖙𝖎𝖆𝖑 💰 𝖛𝖆𝖑𝖚𝖊𝖘 💰 𝖇𝖆𝖘𝖊𝖉 💰 𝖚𝖕𝖔𝖓 💰 𝖉𝖆𝖙𝖆 💰 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 💰 𝖙𝖍𝖊 💰 𝕺𝖕𝖊𝖓 💰 𝕭𝖊𝖙𝖆 💰 𝖆𝖓𝖉 💰 𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 💰 𝖆𝖉𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖘 💰 𝖒𝖆𝖉𝖊 💰 𝖙𝖔 💰 𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖓𝖊 💰 𝖗𝖊𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖉𝖘 💰 𝖇𝖊𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊 💰 𝖑𝖆𝖚𝖓𝖈𝖍. 💰 𝕬𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖌 💰 𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 💰 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘, 💰 𝖜𝖊'𝖗𝖊 💰 𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌 💰 𝖆𝖙 💰 𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖊 💰 𝖕𝖊𝖗-𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊𝖗 💰 𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖉𝖎𝖙 💰 𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖓 💰 𝖗𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖘 💰 𝖔𝖓 💰 𝖆 💰 𝖉𝖆𝖎𝖑𝖞 💰 𝖇𝖆𝖘𝖎𝖘, 💰 𝖆𝖓𝖉 💰 𝖜𝖊'𝖑𝖑 💰 𝖇𝖊 💰 𝖒𝖆𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌 💰 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖙 💰 𝖆𝖉𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖘 💰 𝖙𝖔 💰 𝖊𝖓𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊 💰 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 💰 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊𝖗𝖘 💰 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 💰 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖘 💰 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 💰 𝖆𝖗𝖊 💰 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖕𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖌, 💰 𝖗𝖊𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌, 💰 𝖆𝖓𝖉 💰 𝖔𝖋 💰 𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖘𝖊 💰 𝖆𝖙𝖙𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊 💰 𝖛𝖎𝖆 💰 𝖌𝖆𝖒𝖊𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞. 𝖂𝖊 💰 𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖈𝖎𝖆𝖙𝖊 💰 𝖙𝖍𝖊 💰 𝖈𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖉 💰 𝖋𝖊𝖊𝖉𝖇𝖆𝖈𝖐, 💰 𝖆𝖓𝖉 💰 𝖙𝖍𝖊 💰 𝖕𝖆𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖔𝖓 💰 𝖙𝖍𝖊 💰 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖒𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖙𝖞 💰 𝖍𝖆𝖘 💰 𝖕𝖚𝖙 💰 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖍 💰 𝖆𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉 💰 𝖙𝖍𝖊 💰 𝖈𝖚𝖗𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙 💰 𝖙𝖔𝖕𝖎𝖈𝖘 💰 𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊 💰 𝖔𝖓 💰 𝕽𝖊𝖉𝖉𝖎𝖙, 💰 𝖔𝖚𝖗 💰 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖚𝖒𝖘 💰 𝖆𝖓𝖉 💰 𝖆𝖈𝖗𝖔𝖘𝖘 💰 𝖓𝖚𝖒𝖊𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖘 💰 𝖘𝖔𝖈𝖎𝖆𝖑 💰 𝖒𝖊𝖉𝖎𝖆 💰 𝖔𝖚𝖙𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖘. 𝕺𝖚𝖗 💰 𝖙𝖊𝖆𝖒 💰 𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖑 💰 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖚𝖊 💰 𝖙𝖔 💰 𝖒𝖆𝖐𝖊 💰 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖘 💰 𝖆𝖓𝖉 💰 𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖎𝖙𝖔𝖗 💰 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖒𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖙𝖞 💰 𝖋𝖊𝖊𝖉𝖇𝖆𝖈𝖐 💰 𝖆𝖓𝖉 💰 𝖚𝖕𝖉𝖆𝖙𝖊 💰 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖞𝖔𝖓𝖊 💰 𝖆𝖘 💰 𝖘𝖔𝖔𝖓 💰 𝖆𝖓𝖉 💰 𝖆𝖘 💰 𝖔𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖓 💰 𝖆𝖘 💰 𝖜𝖊 💰 𝖈𝖆𝖓.

EA has the locust mentality, not the players...EA wants to consume as much of your $ as possible, as quickly as possible. I strongly urge you to not buy games that do that, but I'm guilty of it myself.

And Mand is right - games these days are costing a helluva lot more than $60 to make...$100-120 is conservative...they try to recover those expenses with DLC and gambling.

The thing that tips it over the edge is how blatant they are about it. It's like there company motto is a giant middle finger with money signs around it.

We get it, games cost money, business need to make money, etc... but making a good company names matters too. EA continues to drag there name in mud and upset its customers time and time again. They are becoming the poster child of how NOT to treat your customers in the gaming community. I'm glad the reddit thing caught so much attention, maybe EA will finally start humanizing its customers and become a better company.

LOL, who am I kidding....

Nope.... it's in the sports titles to. Everything from Madden to the NBA2K games are full of micro transaction loot boxes. That's one of the main reasons I haven't bought BF2, Madden, & NBA this year. I refuse to support corporate greed.

I should have known, that they would have that also with the Sports line, even though they do good in sells. The more Micro-transactions they do, the more people will hate EA. Id'd rather pay $100.00 or 120.00 to get everything, and not have any Micro-transactions.

I like the Original Battlfront 2 from way back, you have a stupid leveling system to get the weapons you were using, and didn't need leveling and money for getting Luke Skywalker and other heroes. I may play and have done stuff with BF2, but we hated to Micro-transactions. Most of us would rather pay a One time fee for getting everything, whereas now it'd Pay to Win.

To be fair, BF2 has to:

1. Make money pay out Disney/Lucas ala Star Wars franchise.

2. Make money to pay EA dividends.

3. Recoup the cost of making the game, including the salaries paid out.

4. Marketing & Advertising.

Also, EA loves to copy off everything Blizzard does.... Overwatch loot boxes.

-------

(I'm not advocating EA's greasy money grubbing, but I do think half of it is Disney too)

EDIT: and as for my #3, I want to partially retract it because BF2 can recycle/import recycle tons of content and such from BF1.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

How quickly though did players take to the Dark vs Light Event. Offer a list of content people weren't playing, offer some rng loot boxes in this case purely cosmetic and a few unique vanity items such as your 38th companion and a mount and people were saying how amazing it was and the best event ever.

Now maybe the bar is pretty low, but it wasn't so much an event as a list for on the whole rng loot boxes. If I was an executive at EA and I looked at the numbers I'd see that most people completed it on tier 1 (clearly as you had to for the other tiers) the reward 30 rng boxes. So without know anything about the game just looking at the figures, rng boxes get people to replay content.

So can't blame them for giving people what their metrics tell them people want, more than an actual event, customers would play old content for rng boxes and say it was the best event ever. And if people were willing to invest their time to get rng boxes why not their money.

Sure its awful and bad, but it funds future development (in the case of BF2, I think here it goes to Anthem) and gives people the option to gamble from the comfort of their own home to get things they want. Would I prefer they were selling DLCs sure I do but I don't think they would go down the rng gambling lock box route if it didn't make them a lot of money cause people want it.

Loot boxes can work in a game. But they need to be cosmetic only.

This works fine for overwatch.

People who do and don’t buy loot boxes have the same gameplay experience.

If the RNG in this game was limited to Cartel cosmetics then it would be fine.

But you can buy boosts for everything.

This is pay to win.

As is buying boxes to unlock characters or weapons in BF2

And as long as idiots keep buying this stuff then the longer it will go on.

I crave for old school dlc.

Even ea used to do it well, the model in Dragon Age Origins was perfect.

I got to extend my game, they got more money from me.

But as I said when they launched GC in this game, and tried to pass it off as “exciting”

Star Wars fans are nerds

MMO players are nerds

Star Wars mmo playing nerds are super nerds.

And nerds are smart.

They can see the cash grab a mile off. Don’t lie to them about it.

My favourite part of this whole debacle is when they proudly announced that they were listening to the players and had decreased the cost of the lootcrates, and it took the players about 30 seconds to notice that they had also tanked the economy.

EA has the locust mentality, not the players...EA wants to consume as much of your $ as possible, as quickly as possible. I strongly urge you to not buy games that do that, but I'm guilty of it myself.

And Mand is right - games these days are costing a helluva lot more than $60 to make...$100-120 is conservative...they try to recover those expenses with DLC and gambling.

My last subscription renewal for this game was the last EA-affiliated purchase I will ever make. While I won't campaign against them, I will tear them a new tweeter every chance I get.

We should have most recently seen it coming when CXP boosts went up for sale in the Cartel Market the moment Galactic Command went live. They forced a beyond-painful grind down our gullets then thought nothing of charging us extra for the pain killers.

Edited by GalacticKegger

My favourite part of this whole debacle is when they proudly announced that they were listening to the players and had decreased the cost of the lootcrates, and it took the players about 30 seconds to notice that they had also tanked the economy.

Exactly what I’m talking about when they try to treat people like idiots.

The AMA even argued against the maths given about unlock times. (Which was solid)

THIS PARROT IS DEAD

No it isn’t

My last subscription renewal for this game was the last EA-affiliated purchase I will ever make. While I won't campaign against them, I will tear them a new tweeter every chance I get.

We should have most recently seen it coming when CXP boosts went up for sale in the Cartel Market the moment Galactic Command went live. They forced a beyond-painful grind down our gullets then thought nothing of charging us extra for the pain killers.

Because the Galactic Command grind was so bad, I had seriously considered not getting KOTET at all specifically to avoid it. I already had all the gear I could possibly need at level 65, and everything I wanted to do bolstered anyway. Warzones made use of the gear, the ranked population had made a really good case for never touching ranked again after the first time, and they wanted to sell a lot of those booster things for real money. Oh, and no new raids.

I could tell the devs were very nervous about the new system on the pre-5.0 livestreams, and I don't even do that much human interaction. This seems like something corporate made them do, and something corporate won't quit trying to make them do until they can break away from corporate. Unless corporate gets taught an expensive lesson with EAFront II (and Need for Speed: Payback, which does something very similar, so don't buy), we're going to see round 2 of this system, maybe in the next release cycle.

The only positives I can see is that whist ea will continue to chase every penny regardless of of outcome due to them having licences, other game makers will implement things differently

If I can get Witcher, overwatch, wow, fallout, elder scrolls without ea style screwing in it, I can ignore ea. And hope Disney strip this licence from them

It's jackholes exploiting and monetizing people's psyche. Want something so much you'll pay for it? We've got you covered. And then we'll charge you more next time. Can't control your urge to "collect them all"? There's a fee for that. Like to gamble for trivial bull*****? We've got a fee for that too. Can't stop? Great! Neither can we. But you've gotta pay. And we know you will. Suckers. Got the expendable income to be reckless with your hard earned money? Sweeeeet! Works for us! Edited by kodrac

That's just the way EA runs their games these days. It's deliberate, they know it and they don't care. They can afford not to care thanks to this model because no matter how people may hate it, they bitterly spend their money on it regardless.

Should be iq tests in place to allow you to buy games

“I’m sorry, you seems to be the sort of halfwit who would spend a fortune to gain an advantage in a computer game. Here’s a deck of cards instead”