How to cancel a subscription?

Idunaz

How do you cancel a recurring subscription? I don't see the cancel option anywhere on the Subscription page of my account. I subscribed through Steam and there is no cancel option in Steam either.

In the Subscription page, the link to cancel the recurring thing is way far down at the bottom of the page. It's set up so that you *must* scroll the page really all the way to the bottom.

Yeah I scrolled all the way to to the bottom and there is no option. I have a "Show your payment history" section, followed by a Game Time Code section, then the graphic bottom banner. Below that is just the Bioware/EA/LucasFilm logos and then all the various standard links for Terms Archive,User Agreement, EULA etc. I don't see a cancel sub button anywhere. I know I'm subbed because I just got charged and my subscription page at the top says 29 days remaining.

Huh. I just looked at mine (I've been subscribed by recurring doodad since 2015, long before the Steam launch), and at the bottom, above all the legalish stuff, there's a line that says, "If you wish to choose the Free-to-Play option you can," with a "Cancel your subscription" link at the right.

It links to https://account.swtor.com/user/subscription/cancel

Huh. I just looked at mine (I've been subscribed by recurring doodad since 2015, long before the Steam launch), and at the bottom, above all the legalish stuff, there's a line that says, "If you wish to choose the Free-to-Play option you can," with a "Cancel your subscription" link at the right.

It links to https://account.swtor.com/user/subscription/cancel

Yeah really odd. It says I have 29 days left on my subscription, but then above that in a green box it says "You have no play-time. Please sign up for a recurring subscription..."

Isn't it still that you can't even get a reoccuring subscription through steam currently?

Paying for premium access there equals buying gametime, like the 60 days gametime cards or the similar option here on swtor.com. That there is a " X days remaining" display and no button to cancel also speaks for that.

Unfortunately the emails send out to the players don't properly spell that difference out, the text always talks about a reoccuring subscription, no matter what sort of subscription you actually use. I play with 60 days game time for years and the emails always had that text about "bla bla reoccurring bla bla to cancel..." it's just the same for everyone.

Isn't it still that you can't even get a reoccuring subscription through steam currently?

Paying for premium access there equals buying gametime, like the 60 days gametime cards or the similar option here on swtor.com. That there is a " X days remaining" display and no button to cancel also speaks for that.

Unfortunately the emails send out to the players don't properly spell that difference out, the text always talks about a reoccuring subscription, no matter what sort of subscription you actually use. I play with 60 days game time for years and the emails always had that text about "bla bla reoccurring bla bla to cancel..." it's just the same for everyone.

I looked yesterday, and there are options for recurring subscriptions on Steam now.

Not seeing a way to cancel the recurring subscription on Steam or here on the account page. It's gone for me too.

There appears to be no current way to cancel a sub to me. I pinged Steam support.

Going directly to the cancel link appears to work.

Edited by stoopicus

Reply from Steam support:

To manage your recurring game subscription click on your username and select "Account Details" from the drop down menu.

You may also use this link: https://store.steampowered.com/account

From here, you can edit your payment method on record, cancel a subscription or you can also review past and known upcoming charges. A cancelled subscription will remain active until the paid plan expires. Please note that some Subscription Plans are governed by the game's billing system, in which case you'll need to visit your game account for upcoming billing details.

Verified it works.

Edited by stoopicus

@stoopicus Thanks for getting back with this info. That's ever so slightly unclear, but now it's less opaque:

* If you subscribe recurring on the SWTOR site, you get a link to cancel on the SWTOR site as I described

* If you subscribe via Steam, you cancel through the Steam account management page described by stoopicus