319 members have voted

1. 1. Which Arena Map is your Favorite?

• Mandalorian Battle Ring
    • Tatooine Canyon
    • Orbital Station
    • Corellia Square
    • Makeb Mesa
    • Rishi Cove

What I hope, Eric, you get from this poll is that the war zones you’ve been putting out post-Novare are all 100% a complete disaster and failure. Need more proof? Poll the regs+HB maps.

I hope what they can also get from this poll is a laughable number of voters (218 atm which can be in fact even smaller if somebody voted from 2+ accounts) which can bring them to a conclusion that people are abandoning pvp and thus “we need to put an effort into it” or “we need to further kill it off”.

I left my vote for Corellia though.

Would like to add that I don’t see a point of introducing a new arena with all the existing problems that need to be solved, but thanks for randomly asking for our opinion I guess.

Edited by zhezvya

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy how people come and post in a topic from the devs about which arena is best, why, and which is worst/why.... then they post "dont make more arenas, fix game, make more 8v8!"

It just shows how thirsty players are to communicate their thoughts to the dev/reps of this game, and have no other direct outlets to do so... This causes people to respond in a thread they know is being watched and read.

Kind of sad, actually. This is what happens when other major concerns are swept under the proverbial carpet and ignored along with all the posts and threads players create.

I hope what they can also get from this poll is a laughable number of voters (218 atm which can be in fact even smaller if somebody voted from 2+ accounts) which can bring them to a conclusion that people are abandoning pvp and thus “we need to put an effort into it” or “we need to further kill it off”.

I left my vote for Corellia though.

Would like to add that I don’t see a point of introducing a new arena with all the existing problems that need to be solved, but thanks for randomly asking for our opinion I guess.

What I find funny or just sad is when they say they want feed back (but it seems not really), they ask for it on the official forums and don’t promote it (easy to ignore it if it’s not what they want to do, ie pts)

When they want to promote something positive that they do want people to know or see they use other social media like reddit, twitter, 3rd party podcasts.

Maybe this sort of poll should be conducted in conjunction with one of their influencers podcasts.

Ie, Musco does a podcast with the Badfeeling guys. They talk about the poll and the idea of another arena or what ever the topic is. Then they direct the listeners to the poll. At the same time Musco uses twitter to post a link to the poll so it catches a wider audience. Lastly, someone on reddit posts a link to poll and asks people to vote and give feed back.

That’s how you ask for feed back and get a wider audience.

I think the population is so small now that getting rid of the mat farmers will probably be worse than having them.

No way, I am happy to have slightly longer queues and good games than having shorter queues but in every third game, there is someone not interested in winning and just wants to ruin 7 other peoples experiance.

why is there no "we dont need a new arena at all, work on fixing 5.10 game breaking bugs like the set bonus and quest bugs instead!" - option?

feels like you arnt living in a different year, but in a different world now.

happy new year my a**.

Edited by mrphstar

No way, I am happy to have slightly longer queues and good games than having shorter queues but in every third game, there is someone not interested in winning and just wants to ruin 7 other peoples experiance.

actually we do like that more. at least in solo ranked. before it was whos team got 1-2 mat farmers/whos teams mat farmer got globald faster.

"fix quest bugs" ahaahahahahahaha on a pvp forum topic. do you need a hug?

Hey folks,

For starters, Happy New Year to all of you! At some point, the PvP team is likely to start work on a new Arena map. One thing that the team requested is really understanding what each of you like and don't like about the current maps.

Among all of our Arena maps, which one if your favorite?

Please answer that question in this threads poll. Then, let us know in this thread why is that one your favorite? Also, feel free to add which Arena is your least favorite, and why? Be as specific as possible.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Answer NONE! I hate four man matches Might be different if you idiots could balance a class but its painfully evident you can't even do that! SO do us all a favor and forgo the lame four man match and BALANCE THE CLASSES.

So I have no hope this is going to happen that is why I stopped subscribing no point in paying for substandard lame content. Since all i do is PVP and you can only do that 5 times a week plus can't get command crates there's really no reason to even log in anymore. Really sad on what this game has become so much potential squandered due to lazy and lack of innovation enjoy going the way of SWG your just another SOE.

actually we do like that more. at least in solo ranked. before it was whos team got 1-2 mat farmers/whos teams mat farmer got globald faster.

"fix quest bugs" ahaahahahahahaha on a pvp forum topic. do you need a hug?

hahaha have fun playing your beloved PvP in 20 different arenas, its you vs......well, nobody then. when all the bugs(including every part of the game) finally led to the last serious players leaving. do you need a brain?

hahaha have fun playing your beloved PvP in 20 different arenas, its you vs......well, nobody then. when all the bugs(including every part of the game) finally led to the last serious players leaving. do you need a brain?

I get pops. dont know what your talking about. yesterday my dps sorc went from 1100 elo to 1300

and there you go. you decide to unveil the great generalization of the whole pvp community and accuse everyone still playing of being bad.

do you understand what it means to be passive aggressive? it means to indirectly slight your target. it is just as toxic as saying it to their face, you just appear less toxic if they arent intelligent enough to see through your bs.

I dont want you editing that, so Im going to drop a ss of what was said tonight in this post: https://imgur.com/a/kJyKSPW

Edited by Seterade

I still do love the Odessen map. To be frank, I've never understood why people didn't like it.

Maybe it's because domination players don't have much of a chance in that ?

There are countless posts explaining it....

In a nutshell pvp match which you can win by luck is not a good one because luck shouldn’t be a deciding factor in a skill contest.

Lots of interesting posts here absolutely not related to the subject :p

Edited by MackPol

There are countless posts explaining it....

In a nutshell pvp match which you can win by luck is not a good one because luck shouldn’t be a deciding factor in a skill contest.

Lots of interesting posts here absolutely not related to the subject :p

It’s not luck if you know how to play the map properly. But not many do, so the “luck” comes down to how many dumb arses are on your team. Most of my luck is getting every brain dead idiot everytime Odessen pops. It is the one map I leave 99% of the time at the start and usually rage quit 99% of that I stay.

I hate the map because people are idiots. Otherwise it’s sort of ok. But it is also very boring and I’d still prefer any other map besides Vandin.

• 2 months later...
Hey folks,

For starters, Happy New Year to all of you! At some point, the PvP team is likely to start work on a new Arena map. One thing that the team requested is really understanding what each of you like and don't like about the current maps.

Among all of our Arena maps, which one if your favorite?

Please answer that question in this threads poll. Then, let us know in this thread why is that one your favorite? Also, feel free to add which Arena is your least favorite, and why? Be as specific as possible.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

We would love to see you do an official poll like this for 8 man WZ

I love Makeb because of its size and the multiple layers available that make for interesting fights depending on group comp. Orbital has similar elements, but seems a little too crowded for my tastes. My second favorite would be Tatooine, again because of the larger size and fun level elevation.

Rishi I despise because of its tiny profile.

It’s not luck if you know how to play the map properly. But not many do, so the “luck” comes down to how many dumb arses are on your team. Most of my luck is getting every brain dead idiot everytime Odessen pops. It is the one map I leave 99% of the time at the start and usually rage quit 99% of that I stay.

I hate the map because people are idiots. Otherwise it’s sort of ok. But it is also very boring and I’d still prefer any other map besides Vandin.

I've just got started with Odessen, and my experiences aren't too fond, but that may be that I'm still getting the hang of the map. It seems like I almost have to open my mini map to the big one to figure out where the heck I'm supposed to go every time the cap points change.

I'm like you, an objective-based player through and through, so I think Odessen could have potential, but I don't know what's wrong with it.

Capping seems to happen too quickly, and then it's almost impossible to take nodes away before time expires (or even arrive at the node before the time expires, lol), so it seems almost pointless. I know the bonus thingies help with that of course, but those seem to be random too. Maybe I just need another 3 months to figure it out, lol.