Shadow PvP Video

HyperThomas

I have a tanksin valor 60+ full WH and I saw your video, you really know how to play your class, nice video and you have a good skill, congratulations.

Lemme talk what I think about this class. A Deception Sin can kill you faster than an Operative comming out stealth. The burst is insane and pretty unbalanced.

Tank shadow and sin in DPS gear needs a HUGE nerf to compare with other tanks...

At 10:12 Never, NEVER a Guardian tank can deal 600k+ damage.

This class has so many tools to control the target compared to other classes. And a class with insane damage don't need so much tools to control a target... An example Mara's only have Awe/Intimidating Roar which BREAKS on damage.

Snipers and Powertechs has a insane damage and burst and have a 4sec stun, pretty unfair compared to warriors and knights.

This game needs a stun nerf, for all classes.

Here is the link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rEsbbtDoSI

Infiltration and Kinetic Combat... I <3 Star Wars

Enjoy!

Wait.. I apparently must have missed something in my own skill tree.. how, the heck, you have double and single saber in the same fight?

Or it's a video bug?

Or i really need to L2P?

I have Infil Shadow, never tanked.. is it some hybrid build??

Tank shadow and sin in DPS gear needs a HUGE nerf to compare with other tanks...

Why would a DPS Sin need to do similar damage to Tank spec'ed classes? At that point why would anyone play a build with less survivability and utility than the tank version?

An example Mara's only have Awe/Intimidating Roar which BREAKS on damage.

I would gladly trade my OOC stealth mez and stun opener from stealth for an AE Mez. You obviously under value Awe a lot. Yes, Sins have more control over their opponents then Knights but then Knights have some of the best defensive abilities coupled with insane damage. You honestly can not expect Knights to have great CC, damage and defensive abilities.

Why would a DPS Sin need to do similar damage to Tank spec'ed classes? At that point why would anyone play a build with less survivability and utility than the tank version?

I would gladly trade my OOC stealth mez and stun opener from stealth for an AE Mez. You obviously under value Awe a lot. Yes, Sins have more control over their opponents then Knights but then Knights have some of the best defensive abilities coupled with insane damage. You honestly can not expect Knights to have great CC, damage and defensive abilities.

In 10:12 he was in tank spec, using a tank tree... This is what i'm talking about, a tank doing 600k+ damage, 175k protection. I play since the release, I never saw a Guardian or Powertech TANK doing half of these numbers.

Awe is very, very important I know. I use a lot, to help ball carriers, help plant the door, cap the node etc.. But, the amount of damage a DPS sin can do plus his control abilitie, compared to amount of damage a mara can do and the control abilite, is not fair.

Sap, whirlwind, spike, electrocute, low-slash if specced, pull if specced. 6 diferent types of control plus insane damage against mara 2 control abilitie(force choke and awe) plus same damage.

English is not my first language, i'm studying, thanks.

In 10:12 he was in tank spec, using a tank tree... This is what i'm talking about, a tank doing 600k+ damage, 175k protection.

And yet you said "Tank shadow and sin in DPS gear needs a HUGE nerf to compare with other tanks... " So clearly your two statements are in conflict with one another. If you meant that Tank Sin damage needs to be reviewed fine but that is not what you said.

But, the amount of damage a DPS sin can do plus his control abilitie, compared to amount of damage a mara can do and the control abilite, is not fair.

You are comparing apples and oranges. I could just as easily point out that Maras have vastly superior defensive cool downs compared to Sin and that is not fair. The truth is, both class are designed for different combat situations. Sins are designed to control their opponent will killing them and then slipping away. Maras are designed to get right into the think of battle and destroy their opponents.

Sap, whirlwind, spike, electrocute, low-slash if specced, pull if specced. 6 diferent types of control plus insane damage

Oh noes, the dreaded 31/31/31 Sins.,,

In 10:12 he was in tank spec, using a tank tree... This is what i'm talking about, a tank doing 600k+ damage, 175k protection. I play since the release, I never saw a Guardian or Powertech TANK doing half of these numbers.

Awe is very, very important I know. I use a lot, to help ball carriers, help plant the door, cap the node etc.. But, the amount of damage a DPS sin can do plus his control abilitie, compared to amount of damage a mara can do and the control abilite, is not fair.

Sap, whirlwind, spike, electrocute, low-slash if specced, pull if specced. 6 diferent types of control plus insane damage against mara 2 control abilitie(force choke and awe) plus same damage.

English is not my first language, i'm studying, thanks.

A sentinel/marauder complaining about another class? LOL.

A sentinel/marauder complaining about another class? LOL.

Did you read when I said "I have a tanksin valor 60+" ?

So, I play a marauder, sniper, guardian, scoundrel scrapper and assassin, only my guardian and sniper are valor 50+, the rest is 60+.

This is why I'm not complaining, i'm being realist, sins and shadows needs a control abilitie nerf.

So, I play a marauder, sniper, guardian, scoundrel scrapper and assassin, only my guardian and sniper are valor 50+, the rest is 60+.

This is why I'm not complaining, i'm being realist, sins and shadows needs a control abilitie nerf.

A Gunslinger and Scoundrel can keep me CC'd until i die. They need nerfed.

Man, this is easy to do.

First off, valor levels 50-70 are nothing, so it doesn't do anything to add to your e-credibility. Second, I'm being a realist, as Shadows/Assassins are probably one of the most well-balanced classes in this game. They're not the ones that need nerfing. Again, coming from a Marauder point of view, asking for others to be nerfed is laughable.

Sorry man but you need to work on your rotations and not just spam maul.

The Infiltration build is centered around 4 basic attacks - 5 if you include Projects setup.

Shadow Strike - Due to Infiltration Tactics

Project - After Clarvoyant Strike x2

Force Breech - After at least 3 stacks of Exit Strategy

Spinning Strike - At <=%30 Health

All other abilities support these.

I use Shadow Strike (Maul) on every single Infiltration Tactics proc, yes - because I enjoy the %30 guarenteed increased dmg and only %25 of the force (12.5). It makes it the most efficient major attack in the build without a setup. It's very close to Project, which is standard dmg at %37 of the force (19.5) - but that's with Circling Shadowsx2 and Psychokinesis which needs 50 force for Clairvoyant Strike x2. Also, Project has a 6s cooldown, SS does not. The Inf Force Breech is GREAT, especially with the %18-%30 dmg increase (ESx3-ESx5) at a consistent cost of 20 force, but that takes time to rack up. It also has a 15s cooldown, and again, SS does not

If I don't hit SS my only other dmg based options are:

Project - If Off CD, and if force >39, or >20 if I had already used 50force for Clairvoyant Strike x2. Then wait 6s, in which I would probably use a SS, but could even fit in 2 or 3 if managed correctly.

Force Breech - If Off CD, and if Force >20, and if I've used Clairvoyant Strike enough to build at least 3 stacks of Exit Strategy. Then wait 15s, in which I would probably use at least one SS, but could fit in multiples plus a project.

In my videos you can clearly (at least to me) see that I incorporate all of these abilities - I'm pretty confused why you think I'm only spamming SS when I also have Project flying and Force Breech going on good stacks. On yeah, and stuns and knockbacks too...

Now I never claim to be perfect - but this works amazingly well. I have, after all, spent a TON of time on rotations. I'm open to suggestions, if anyone would like to critique specific spots in my videos. There's always more improving for me to do, and judging myself to improve is why I record in the first place.

I'm just really surprised to see someone say I "just spam SS" when I actually use all my abilities when it's the right time.

Really? Infiltration finally gets some love to pull it out of the grave and people want to send it right back? Pathetic. It's funny how basically every call for a nerf is directed towards burst trees. Pyro, lolsmash, infil, good grief. It's called a freaking burst tree people, it's designed to do that kind of damage! This game is allowed to have more than DoT specs. If anything, people should ask for another Infiltration buff, so that people play it instead of the tank spec.

@ Przemo_No

It's a graphical bug with the new cartel double saber, one blade constantly disappears.

Edited by RankorSSGS

As soon as I get my War Hero and new PC I'll be posting some Shadow PvP videos.

Glad to see you representing Shadow really well, Ciraf.

Thankyou! :D I'll be sure to check out those videos.

The single saber appearance is a bug that occurs with the new Cartel Market Saber.

Also, on the topic currently in discussion in this thread... Shadow Tanks need to be nerfed, (take it from 2 shadows), along with a few other class/spec combinations that are a little on the powerful side.

IMO: Commando DPS needs some mobility buffs, Scrapper needs a slight damage buff to keep it at the level of Infiltration.

Thankyou! :D I'll be sure to check out those videos.

The single saber appearance is a bug that occurs with the new Cartel Market Saber.

Also, on the topic currently in discussion in this thread... Shadow Tanks need to be nerfed, (take it from 2 shadows), along with a few other class/spec combinations that are a little on the powerful side.

IMO: Commando DPS needs some mobility buffs, Scrapper needs a slight damage buff to keep it at the level of Infiltration.

Commando needs a buff for sure. But on my BM Scoundrel I'm able to get 4-5K crits follow by 3-4k crits quite regularly while also being able to CC heavily and heal myself. I feel like they're in a comfortable spot.

Commando needs a buff for sure. But on my BM Scoundrel I'm able to get 4-5K crits follow by 3-4k crits quite regularly while also being able to CC heavily and heal myself. I feel like they're in a comfortable spot.

Oh haha, I never played one, I just find them easy to 1vX as Infiltration so I thought there might be something wrong with the spec.

Oh haha, I never played one, I just find them easy to 1vX as Infiltration so I thought there might be something wrong with the spec.

99% of the people that play this game are terrible.

And since Operative is one of the least played classes you most likely don't see a decent one.

I'm just really surprised to see someone say I "just spam SS" when I actually use all my abilities when it's the right time.
4 times within the first 2 minutes of the video you used SS without a proc from Infiltration Tactics. That's a ton of wasted power. Edited by Couver