Hybrid Sorc still very strong, where is the nerf?

xdvesper

Hybrid Sorcs are still the most powerful class you can bring to organized PVP post 1.2 despite the nerfs... This is a typical Warzone ending screen post 1.2. I am running 5/18/18.

http://postimage.org/image/fug39yklx/full/

I play fair bit of WZ both in pugs and premades. It's typical for me to top damage while also putting out substantial healing: full matches going up to 450k damage. Yes it's lower compared to pre 1.2 with Chain Lightning in the rotation, about 75k lower, but we are still perfectly viable. In fact, since so many healers quit healing after the 1.2 nerf, it's quite often that I'm the only person on my team putting out heals.

As long as we have this essentially limitless resource pool we have this unique versatility to both DPS and heal as required, something which no other class can do.

Being able to pull the ball carrier out of the fire if he gets CCed in there then spam some heals on him as he limps across the finish line with a full white bar is something no other DPS class can do, frankly. And I've saved my actual healers more times than I can count - when our poor operative healer gets jumped on by two Marauders and he's on the brink of death, I just extricate him out, shield him then pop Recklessness and get a guaranteed 4.5k crit heal on him as he channels his own heal and suddenly he's almost topped off.

Not that I'm asking for nerfs, but I also play other toons and I would like this game to be "balanced". Before 1.2 the Sorc was way better than any other: right now, it's nerfed, but still much better, to the point where I feel like my other toons (better geared) have no real point in PVP.

Why bring a Sniper or Merc when the Sorc does everything better? I want a reason to play my other classes also. The situation I'm in right now is where I play my Sorc and I own everything in the WZ: once I've done my daily I switch to my other toon which is ironically better geared, and I feel like a complete gimp. Yes, the other toon does more damage, but simply does not have the versatility to switch up roles and straight up win the game.

As for spec, it's basically about getting improved Force Sprint (20 sec cooldown) with improved Whirlwind (instant cast, with 2 second stun and reduced cooldown) and improved Overload (5 sec root) and improved Jolt (6 second lockout). The Hybrid Sorc is very dependant on CC - a lot of your focus will be on mitigating damage against your team and yourself, by staying alive and keeping enemies away from you you will be able to achieve very high damage and heal numbers compared to classes who don't have such versatile CC and just have to "take" the damage dished out at them.

I'm sorry, but a merc that knows what they're doing will probably do better. A recent warzone i was in a merc did over 500k in damage and i was second at 420k ._. i'm fairly certain they buffed mercs, not nerfed.

450k damage, how many deaths? Has any one actually put pressure on you the entire match?

The answer is next to no deaths and NO one has put any pressure on you.

They allowed you to free cast when all they needed to do was pull you once and you are DEAD!

Yes folks, this is server specific PvP filled with PuG players who just purchased shinny new blue PvP gear and leave a WZ the very first time they get killed!

450k damage, how many deaths? Has any one actually put pressure on you the entire match?

They allowed you to free cast when all they needed to do was pull you once and you are DEAD!

Yes folks, this is server specific PvP filled with PuG players who just purchased shinny new blue PvP gear and leave a WZ the very first time they get killed!

I get 300k-500k damage per game even if we play against the best Pub-premade on our server (they are the only Pubs that queue so they join with a full 8man group, everyone VR70+ and full BM).

Even with 4-5 deaths I get still the highest overall damage per game.

Games without deaths would result in 600k+ damage.

Only class that can actually beat me in overall damage is PowerTech.

The problem is that PvP isn't about overall damage. Everyone just sees the numbers at the end of a warzone and is like "oh noez, 600k, op op!". Hell, we are a dot- and aoe-class, this results in a ton of damage over time. PvP is about burst and singletarget-damage. When it gets down to burst, we are one of the weakest, if not the weakest class at the moment.

My server is very active in pvp, and there is plenty of full BM players, and I get targeted all the time on my sorc. i usually die about 0-3 times a match with this build, but I do have unlucky days as well and get killed more. Also, I have no casting times except the channeling abilities(FL and FS) which are used to make more instant casts ^^.

however, i realize you are the angry troll type and will not respond further, good day.

Try putting pressure on a properly specced Hybrid Sorc. You can't, due to our CC and Force Speed. Yes I get marked by enemy premades: sometimes, I have a fully geared BM Sentinel sit on me the entire match. It doesn't do anything at all, because he gets negated by a rotation of Overload and Force Speed which are both on a 20 second cooldown, so I can do it once every 10 seconds whenever he uses Force Leap. Being immobilized for 5 seconds out of every 20 while I stand in sight of him free-casting heals and damage must make them want to tear their hair out.

As I said, my other toons outdamage the Hybrid Sorc. However, damage isn't the end all and be all. What happens when your ball carrier is at 30% hp and limping to the goal line with a white resolve bar, and 4 enemies beating on him? DPS is useless then. That's when your 10k healing done wins the game. That's when Extricate wins the game. Or being able to Force Speed past him to the goal and receive the pass.

I'm sorry, but a merc that knows what they're doing will probably do better. A recent warzone i was in a merc did over 500k in damage and i was second at 420k ._. i'm fairly certain they buffed mercs, not nerfed.

I eat Mercs for breakfast... if there's a fully geared Merc / Commando in the game putting out big damage, I'll just make sure to interrupt his Tracer / Grav round whenever he casts it. A 6 second lockout is nothing to laugh it, especially when my interrupt is on a 12 second cooldown. You can go interrupt - stun - interrupt for a grand total of about 18 seconds lockdown before he casts his first Tracer.

On the other hand, as a Sorc, if a Sniper or another Sorc interrupts my FL I can just go about shielding / casting affliction / or even heal until the lockout is over.

Try putting pressure on a properly specced Hybrid Sorc. You can't, due to our CC and Force Speed. Yes I get marked by enemy premades: sometimes, I have a fully geared BM Sentinel sit on me the entire match. It doesn't do anything at all, because he gets negated by a rotation of Overload and Force Speed which are both on a 20 second cooldown, so I can do it once every 10 seconds whenever he uses Force Leap. Being immobilized for 5 seconds out of every 20 while I stand in sight of him free-casting heals and damage must make them want to tear their hair out.

As I said, my other toons outdamage the Hybrid Sorc. However, damage isn't the end all and be all. What happens when your ball carrier is at 30% hp and limping to the goal line with a white resolve bar, and 4 enemies beating on him? DPS is useless then. That's when your 10k healing done wins the game. That's when Extricate wins the game. Or being able to Force Speed past him to the goal and receive the pass.

The only message I got from your post is that there is a BM Sentinel on your server that should commit sepukku out of shame. I can play with one hand on my Marauder and **** any Hybrid Spec Sorc/Sage. I don't know what you are trying to accomplish with your posts, but when you say crap that like your credibility goes out the window.

Well looks like it's time for Bioware to roll out cross server rateds, so I can see what good Sentinels are capable of, and so you can see what good Sorcs are capable of =)

Yes, that will also help with the low population server problem. The problem with your argument is that Sorcs CCs only look good if you ignore how generous they are on resolve. The Hybrid spec translate into free full resolve. WW and electrocute give instant full resolve( I am aware electrocute only gives 800 but seriously u pick up at least 200 resolve randomly in this CC crazed game).

I am not going to argue with you if you think a full resolve marauder wouldn't **** you... Backlash work against you more often than not as whenever I get enough resolve I know I can instant gib a sorc. The same with overload. Its just too easy to get resolve in this game. With an empty resolve bar you may be able to kite me for a few globals but any decent player would save their charge and get some free resolve before switching to you. I will be on you like bees on honey and there is nothing you can do.

The main thing separating a good marauder and a bad one is their ability to pick when and where their battle will be.

Edited by Vinxius

You sir, think yourself a great sorc player and do not even understand the limitations of your own class?

Total damage done is a really nice number, yet it really means nothing, since without the burst you are unlikely to kill anyone.

Have you ever tried to duel any class? If they are at least semi competent, you will lose or just run out of the duel zone while trying to kite them.

And you frustrating juggernauts/their republic counterpart? Guess they were not specced in vengeance or you'd be singing a different tune.

World server specific PvP is narrow minded much like the OP and his claims of playing against excellent players. They are excellent only in your mind.

I am Valor 75 and can kite CC any one in multi level PvP but only against most of the players playing this game, players who most likely are playing PvP in an MMO for the very first time.

Any half organized team with a pull can instantly negate a Sorcerer. As a hybrid I do have the AE root, but thats when I get pulled by good players!

Players like OP will never understand that they are facing average skilled players at best and that will NOT change until we have proper Arena / Rated WZ and cross server up and running. Only then, when you need 22xx to get gear will you start facing solid setups.

In the type of PvP OP -and to be fair most- are facing a single player can take the ball from mid to goal alone. In the type of PvP OP is facing you can solo defend a node and solo grab a node. In organized ranked PvP it is IMPOSSIBLE to solo score or defend or grab a node.

Thing is BW are smart and they know this, they know that lots of players like OP have a extremely narrow view of classes and PvP and its ok we all were kids at some point.

World server specific PvP is narrow minded much like the OP and his claims of playing against excellent players. They are excellent only in your mind.

I am Valor 75 and can kite CC any one in multi level PvP but only against most of the players playing this game, players who most likely are playing PvP in an MMO for the very first time.

Any half organized team with a pull can instantly negate a Sorcerer. As a hybrid I do have the AE root, but thats when I get pulled by good players!

Players like OP will never understand that they are facing average skilled players at best and that will NOT change until we have proper Arena / Rated WZ and cross server up and running. Only then, when you need 22xx to get gear will you start facing solid setups.

In the type of PvP OP -and to be fair most- are facing a single player can take the ball from mid to goal alone. In the type of PvP OP is facing you can solo defend a node and solo grab a node. In organized ranked PvP it is IMPOSSIBLE to solo score or defend or grab a node.

Thing is BW are smart and they know this, they know that lots of players like OP have a extremely narrow view of classes and PvP and its ok we all were kids at some point.

I find myself having to agree completely.

Hybrid Sorcs are still the most powerful class you can bring to organized PVP post 1.2 despite the nerfs... This is a typical Warzone ending screen post 1.2. I am running 5/18/18.

http://postimage.org/image/fug39yklx/full/

I play fair bit of WZ both in pugs and premades. It's typical for me to top damage while also putting out substantial healing: full matches going up to 450k damage. Yes it's lower compared to pre 1.2 with Chain Lightning in the rotation, about 75k lower, but we are still perfectly viable. In fact, since so many healers quit healing after the 1.2 nerf, it's quite often that I'm the only person on my team putting out heals.

As long as we have this essentially limitless resource pool we have this unique versatility to both DPS and heal as required, something which no other class can do.

Being able to pull the ball carrier out of the fire if he gets CCed in there then spam some heals on him as he limps across the finish line with a full white bar is something no other DPS class can do, frankly. And I've saved my actual healers more times than I can count - when our poor operative healer gets jumped on by two Marauders and he's on the brink of death, I just extricate him out, shield him then pop Recklessness and get a guaranteed 4.5k crit heal on him as he channels his own heal and suddenly he's almost topped off.

If you are going to TROLL don't link something that proves you are a troll.

OP Team:

Healing: 439,864

Damage: 1,230,827

Deaths: 33

Other Team:

Healing: 137,269

Damage: 842,053

Deaths: 66

Nice try OP!

Good players do.

Bad players complain it cannot be done.

I'll continue roflstomping the enemy teams, when Diablo3 and Guild Wars 2 come out i'm done here anyway. Yes there may be theoretically better players, but as long as I haven't seen them they might as well not exist.

Im not very experienced with sorceror, but it sounds the same as lethality op with talents in healing.. decent damage, combined with the ability to off heal.

Also same as hybrid merc healer + tracer missle.

So actually all hybrid healers can offheal pretty well.. i often on my op went 150k damage 75k heals before 50.

But yea its really nice to be able to offheal, and i think the game doesnt favor pure healers at this stage. :)

300k damage with 3 deaths is not op'd. Your force pool is only infinite due to Effusion, which may need to be toned down. or move the force regen talent in Madness higher, or do the same for Effusion. That being said, without Effusion your force will get shredded to pieces. Try X/X/31 and tell me what you think - you'll go 4pc mystic by the end of the day our spec out of it.

You aren't OP'd, you're doing damage to pugs. You just used one of our defining abilities of the class as a way to support us being potentially overpowered. If we did not have access to heals we would not have a single DEFENSIVE COOLDOWN. Shield is not a defensive cooldown, it is an actively used damage mitigator. Neither is sprint - it is a mobility cooldown/gap creator. Sorcerers have no kind of % damage reduction for any duration, or any immunity to anything at all, ever. I can get over that with heals and mild CC (our CC is mild, but this is coming from a frost mage.)

You clearly don't have teams of Sentinels/Guardians qing together and globaling you - guess you'll just have to wait for rateds. When I stop eating 3.5k-4k Vicious Throws and melee don't have a 12s gap closer with a root you can nerf Sorcs again. Sorcers were not even okay pre 1.2, people playing against subpar opponents made them think so. If a team lets you stand in the back as hybrid CL spec and nuke away, they deserve to get their whole team AOE'd to death. But it takes very minimal pressure to shut down a hybrid spec Sorc'd, or any Sorc really for that matter. This is coming from a 2400+ RBG/2500+ Arena Mage. There isn't much skill cap to work with for Sorcerers - you can either faceroll teams and get great numbers, or if the opposing team isn't braindead they can pressure you into very minimal throughput. I achieve big numbers as Madness - that doesn't make Madness op'd. It means people leave me alone wayyy too much. I'm not saying Sorcs are super broken or anything, but they are far from overpowered. If melee on your server can't pressure you into a defensive position than they're just...weak. Sorry. All the Rank 80-90 melee trains on my server are making my life hell though.

Notice: I make my opinions based quality geared/skilled players. I can multidot and kite multiple bads around all day, performing exceptionally in warzones. There's matches where I do 500-600k as Madness, with 20 killing blows. But against any teams with actual premades and players focusing this is hardly the case. Even pre 1.2, my hybrid spec could do gross damage (5/18/18), but against quality players they can really limit my capability. My numbers were always big - but they didnt necessarily mean or anything or win matches.

Edited by Kiyoma

Vengeance juggernauts are doing 400-500k post 1.2 with single target, effective, focused damage and have double the survivability...Wheres the nerf? I can assure you that you are playing the weakest pvp class in the game post 1.2 (not including huttball where sorcs are still very effective). Why would anyone run with a dps sorc over a vengeance jugg, marauder, or even an assassin tank? Pulls in huttball is about it.

But no, everyone should keep talking about how great their tab dots are so the class stays worthless and bioware doesnt fix the mistake they have made.

I tried all the 31 point specs and many combos of hybrid and the most consistent damage I can get in PVP is putting 16 points lightning for Effusion and 16 in madness for wrath, rest are optional. The rotation is very simple... Affliction while I am running into the fight, Crushing, than Force Lightning spam till crushing pops with a little Death field on the side. I will AOE if they clump together. I am 90% on top of the damage with this spec and rotation as long as I keep active on killing people.

Playing lightning spec looks like it should be played (with strike) is so clunky for PVP. I have never seen decent damage from another inq in a warzone with that spec and I had a really hard time with it since staying stationary without the slow from FL is a quick death to me.

Creeping Terrors root is really nice to have. The cooldown and/or damage needs to be improved on it though. I used for extra damage when everyone already had affliction and to stay alive longer and kite, but I actually survive more with force lightning spam and bindings, probably because they die faster. I also do a lot more AOE since mana is not an issue.

The pure tree's for PVP are just not that good.

Edited by Zhaze