Best uses for extrication

kullwarriorx

So far my best uses are:

Legitimate:

-Pull an ally up onto a platform in Huttball or past the fire.

-Detaunt for allies in Hardmodes, especially useful for fights where aggro resets.

-Free an ally from the Mercenary's grapple in the new flashpoint.

-Pull a ranged member who won't stand in your aoe heal into it.

-Pull someone out of a sticky situation such as the Huttball hazards, or being ganged up on.

Fun:

-While going down a lift with someone jump, you go up while the elevator goes down. Then pull the ally. This causes them to slingshot above you and probably die :)

-Move AFK allies to odd places.

-In HM BT, pull an ally towards the padawan while she's winding up her aoe then Force speed out of the area.

One of our best skills <3

Would love a lower cooldown like 15 seconds on it though, as it's kind of the reversed version of the Juggernaut's intercede which also has a 15 second cooldown.

And it'd be only fair if the cooldown stayed on 1 minute or even longer in battlegrounds, it needs to stay fun for everyone.

Anyway, my tip:

In flash points and ops, use it on marauders. My theory is that it increases their dps, as it allows them to instantly charge the enemy.

Why would it work?

-No wasted time on moving away from the enemy to charge

-The extra rage obviously allows them to do more damage

-Extrication reduces the target's aggro, hence allowing the marauder more dps without losing control

Be sure to communicate with the marauder, because if his charge is on cooldown he has to spend time running back to the enemy.

In between PvP queus my team usually AFKs or alt tabs while I tell them when it pops. I use mine to pull them to the bottom of the fleet. Best is if you dont respawn and then accept queue you are stuck down there upon coming back. If you /stuck you are in the matirx. Then if you die in the matrix it puts you in the fleets museum. Its a whole troll process lol.

Pulling the Ball Carrier from the goal line into the Pitt so you can farm more medals.

ALL THE TIME!

It seems like 6-0 wins don't count for the daily so I make sure that last point never scores. 5-0 and farm. It's great. Especially since my new play style is good for 6-7 medals a game.

Wasn't aware assassins had force pull. Just looked it up on Torhead.

I suggest the following tip assuming the assassin in your group is DPS and not the tank, and accepting the fact this is only needed for worst case scenario pulls, or when it's simply the most useful/beneficial for the tank to stay in his current position.

Your healer (which as sorcerer, might be you :rolleyes: ) accidentally aggroed one of those I-kill-dress-wearing-tesla coils-in-one-hit robots in hard mode False Emperor.

Your tank doesn't notice this or is unable to intercept for whatever reason,

Alas, the plant-mob-on-tank's-face-manoeuvre.

-Assassin moves to exact same spot as tank

-Assassin pulls mob (gets aggro, but tank can instantly start building aggro)

-Sorcerer instantly pulls him away (lowering assassin's aggro) to a safe distance. ...That is, if the Sorcerer likes the assassin of course ;)

EDIT: Just realized a more obvious situation is when your group has to stay in position, and/or needs a mob cc'd which is too close to the groups AoE abilities.

-Assassin Force Speeds about 20 meters away from mob

-Assassin Electrocutes it (to avoid being screwed over by ability delay)

-Sorcerer pulls him back to where he is needed

-Sorcerer Whirlwinds mob

Edited by MrGerbz