People with launcher problems after the launcher update.

Sharkhonn

Just curious what operating system everyone that had/has launcher problems have? Personally I have not had any issues as of yet and I still run Win 7. Can't stand all the newer windows versions. Never have been much of an app person and they are all too appish.

"Launcher is being updated. Please wait" | 08.01.2017, 10:44 PM

Hey folks,

We suspect that some of you who are still unable to get into the launcher are dealing with a Windows Certificate issue. We are looking into possible solutions for those of you who are having that issue, especially on older OS such as XP and Vista.

I will pass on more information as I have it.

-eric

I have XP on my PC and I can longer run the game!!!

if I had the $$ to upgrade I would but short of a lotto win I can not see this happening any time soon!

Very annoyed and frustrated as I currently have a sub I cant use when game won't launch.

I have XP on my PC and I can longer run the game!!!

if I had the $$ to upgrade I would but short of a lotto win I can not see this happening any time soon!

Very annoyed and frustrated as I currently have a sub I cant use when game won't launch.

Your mileage may vary

https://www.howtogeek.com/272201/all-the-ways-you-can-still-get-windows-10-for-free/

Personally I have not had any issues as of yet and I still run Win 7. Can't stand all the newer windows versions. Never have been much of an app person and they are all too appish.

The Launcher hung for me - that is, it said it was updating, but nothing happened. I closed it (after about 10 minutes) and started it again and it "updated" in only a few seconds.

I'm running Windows 10 CE at this time. I was happily running Win7, but one day the system upgraded itself to Win10. So then I avoided upgrading to CE until I had to.

I haven't had any problem running SWTOR under Win 7, 10, or 10 CE.

As far as "appish" is concerned - yes, you can install "apps", but basically there is no need or requirement to do so. My current Windows 10 CE is running all the same programs I ran in Windows 7. (I did have to muck around with some settings to get the old Snood game to work, but that's all :) )

Btw, this doesn't apply to the new Windows 10 S which only runs apps.

Edited by JediQuaker

The Launcher hung for me - that is, it said it was updating, but nothing happened. I closed it (after about 10 minutes) and started it again and it "updated" in only a few seconds.

I'm running Windows 10 CE at this time. I was happily running Win7, but one day the system upgraded itself to Win10. So then I avoided upgrading to CE until I had to.

I haven't had any problem running SWTOR under Win 7, 10, or 10 CE.

As far as "appish" is concerned - yes, you can install "apps", but basically there is no need or requirement to do so. My current Windows 10 CE is running all the same programs I ran in Windows 7. (I did have to muck around with some settings to get the old Snood game to work, but that's all :) )

Btw, this doesn't apply to the new Windows 10 S which only runs apps.

It is not just the apps way of doing things but the whole layout and appearance that I don't like.

Windows Vista here and I can not log in,tried everything including running the fixlauncher.Nothing like paying for a game i can not even play.WOW is looking better by the day:( Edited by Vitecus
spelling error

Yesterday , 08:16 PM | #2

REPORT POST QUOTE

Hey folks,

We suspect that some of you who are still unable to get into the launcher are dealing with a Windows Certificate issue. We are looking into possible solutions for those of you who are having that issue, especially on older OS such as XP and Vista.

-eric

I have no launcher, it's gone the exe file is gone also for the Bioware folder. What should I do?? I'm also running windows10

Hey folks,

-eric

How about just rolling back the launcher like last time?

I have Windows 8.1 and no problems until this last update.

Are you guys planning on crediting the accounts of everyone effected? That will probably up the importance of this bug.

Edited by Thlaylie

OK I fixed it:

I had to uninstall SWTOR, hunt down every embedded file throughout the entire PC and format that hard drive to rid me of several undeletable SWTOR files.

Then I downloaded fresh and got my game back, took awhile, but worth it.

And now I only have the necessary files for the game and not all that older stuff cluttering up my PC.

I treid various ways to fix this and still can not launch SWTOR on my old laptop with Win Vista. Though everything is fine on another laptop with Win8.

After Launcher tried to update itself, it is no more launching at all. I mean, I see the process in my Task Manager, but nothing happens. Can't solve this problem. I hope it will be fixed soon.

If you followed the reddit instructions by rolling back the launcher to the older version and telling it skip the update in the settings file, but didn't notice the reddit comment below that about the patch folder, that is the result you will see: the launcher starts, and stays running in the background, but never opens a window. I killed the process, renamed the patch folder, then restarting the launcher worked.

• 2 weeks later...
If you followed the reddit instructions by rolling back the launcher to the older version and telling it skip the update in the settings file, but didn't notice the reddit comment below that about the patch folder, that is the result you will see: the launcher starts, and stays running in the background, but never opens a window. I killed the process, renamed the patch folder, then restarting the launcher worked.

Any chance you could post a link to that reddit post. I am having a hard time finding one that talks about renaming a file or folder as part of the fix. I can only find ones saying to delete folders and its still not working for me.