Star Wars: Rebels Has Begun Production

Eillack

The next animation series post TCW has begun production IGaudienceports.

Fall 2014 looks to be the release timeframe for this new show.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/20/star-wars-rebels-new-animated-series-from-dave-filoni-greg-weisman-and-simon-kinberg-announced

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/20/star-wars-rebels-details-revealed

- Mark Hamill wil be doing VOs.

- Aimed towards a younger audience.

Edited by Eillack

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooo...just read an article on it. Perhaps we will see the early days of the Rebellion fighting the Empire on screen, yay have been waiting for that! Maybe show some Jedi being hunted by Darth Vader too on screen, rather then just the comics/novels now. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Ooo...just read an article on it. Perhaps we will see the early days of the Rebellion fighting the Empire on screen, yay have been waiting for that! Maybe show some Jedi being hunted by Darth Vader too on screen, rather then just the comics/novels now.

Although the GCW has been focused to death, I hoping this new series ties in with the Purge comics a bit.

Though I hope TCW somehow fits in its last episode right before Ep 3 so it isn't as much of a jumped in time.

The whole 'Between Ep 3 and 4" might go into Galan Marek I'm hoping - a lot of hate for him by those who only played the game, but for those that read the books, he is actually "normal" as far as power goes.

Edited by Eillack

Although the GCW has been focused to death, I hoping this new series ties in with the Purge comics a bit.

Though I hope TCW somehow fits in its last episode right before Ep 3 so it isn't as much of a jumped in time.

The whole 'Between Ep 3 and 4" might go into Galan Marek I'm hoping - a lot of hate for him by those who only played the game, but for those that read the books, he is actually "normal" as far as power goes.

Of course he is normal, games exaggerate things lol. Kyle Katarn for example, he is normal, Jaden Korr normal...and so on so forth. Though I am just happy that the series will focus on the early days of the Rebels, I always wanted to see how the Rebels did during the early days, what equipment they had, what battles they were in and so forth.

Also maybe it'll make Stormtroopers better, given they won't be shooting at protagonists all the time so they should be shown as elite of the elite. Maybe have an episode or two focus on a Stormtrooper squad...

Ooo or maybe Imperial Guardsmen, Kir Kanos is a boss character would be neat to see some of him. Or maybe show some Spec-ops Rebel/Imperial forces IE: Storm Commandos, Rebel Infiltrators and the like.

I feel so giddy now, as I have so many thoughts on this!

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Of course he is normal, games exaggerate things lol. Kyle Katarn for example, he is normal, Jaden Korr normal...and so on so forth. Though I am just happy that the series will focus on the early days of the Rebels, I always wanted to see how the Rebels did during the early days, what equipment they had, what battles they were in and so forth.

Also maybe it'll make Stormtroopers better, given they won't be shooting at protagonists all the time so they should be shown as elite of the elite. Maybe have an episode or two focus on a Stormtrooper squad...

Ooo or maybe Imperial Guardsmen, Kir Kanos is a boss character would be neat to see some of him. Or maybe show some Spec-ops Rebel/Imperial forces IE: Storm Commandos, Rebel Infiltrators and the like.

I feel so giddy now, as I have so many thoughts on this!

Don't get too excited though. :p

You're aiming yourself for disappointment haha - forgot who exactly it was, but one of the people mentioned in the video on that article has a track record of having anything he's involved with canceled after 2 seasons haha.

But yeah, I flat out knew how the game was for laughs and book was for the real story, but you see people screaming like Galan was the worst thing to hit Star Wars since the Ep 1 version of Jar Jar.

================

I'm interested to see how the concept art for the OT will be implemented into SW:R, we saw tie fighters are going to be in it obviously already. :p

Don't get too excited though. :p

You're aiming yourself for disappointment haha - forgot who exactly it was, but one of the people mentioned in the video on that article has a track record of having anything he's involved with canceled after 2 seasons haha.

But yeah, I flat out knew how the game was for laughs and book was for the real story, but you see people screaming like Galan was the worst thing to hit Star Wars since the Ep 1 version of Jar Jar.

================

I'm interested to see how the concept art for the OT will be implemented into SW:R, we saw tie fighters are going to be in it obviously already. :p

Yes...must keep a level head and not get over hyped. I just really have wanted to see some early GCW action. XD

Oh, oh another thought that would be awesome! They could have the Clone Rebellion on Kamino, and we see the Empire come in and take em all out...would be an interesting throwback to BF 2.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well at least Dave Filoni will be involved.

Good thing and a bit bad seeing that he let a lot of canon-rewriting occur in TCW. (Jango's helm, people dying before their time, bringing back Darth Maul decades earlier than he should have been, killing off the Nightsisters; and the smaller stuff :p).

Edited by Eillack

Good thing and a bit bad seeing that he let a lot of canon-rewriting occur in TCW. (Jango's helm, people dying before their time, bringing back Darth Maul decades earlier than he should have been, killing off the Nightsisters; and the smaller stuff :p).

Well the series was still great though. XD But we shall see what happens, this time period is more open range in terms of what can happen or at least compared to the Clone Wars anyhow.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well the series was still great though. XD But we shall see what happens, this time period is more open range in terms of what can happen or at least compared to the Clone Wars anyhow.

True, all we really have is X amount of comics and TFU I & II....and would have been Star Wars 1313 * cry :( * .

Edited by Eillack

This is good, this is good. When I began reading and saw Simon Kinberg I was like, NO! I want Dave! Then I saw Dave Filoni and was like 'phew'. :D

I'm actually pretty excited about this, it seems they've got a lot of people who worked on the Clone Wars working on this project which is great because those guys were excellent and the Clone Wars is excellent. I'm just wondering if they'll choose the same animation style and perhaps reprise some of the voice actors. I do hope so.

But yeah, I'm sad to see The Clone Wars go but very very excited to see that animated high quality tv shows are going to become a thing with Star Wars, nice to see the franchise expanding in the right direction.

Also, would we perhaps see a bit of Rahm Kota and Starkiller in this series? Perhaps not but I'd love to see the Emperor, Darth Vader, Jabba the Hutt, Xizor etc. and a bit of 1313. Wow is they do this right, this could be great, they really do have a fantastic era to play with.

Filoni made several retcons, but I feel they all added to the story and quite effectively e.g. Maul is easily one of the best characters in the whole series, if not just for Sam Witwer's voice acting.

That's another thing, it would be cool to see Sam Witwer take on some roles in this series.

Also a plus we won't see many lightsabers(if any they would probably only be from Vader if he appears and the Jedi he fights). So the series could focus on normal beings for once, and good blaster tech/armor and all that other technology. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Also a plus we won't see many lightsabers(if any they would probably only be from Vader if he appears and the Jedi he fights). So the series could focus on normal beings for once, and good blaster tech/armor and all that other technology.

I hope that there is a focus on pilots and such. Would love to see some X-Wing vs TIE Fighter action. Perhaps we will also get some Espionage with the Bothan Spy network and such. There are so many cool things that we didn't get to see in the movies that we could see here.

Also a plus we won't see many lightsabers(if any they would probably only be from Vader if he appears and the Jedi he fights). So the series could focus on normal beings for once, and good blaster tech/armor and all that other technology.

That there will probably make we watch this series alone if it is good haha; and if this series doesn't use the same type of CGI as TCW did, it'll look really good too.

I like lightsabers. :(

Not saying lightsabers aren't cool or fun to see. But a change of pace would be good, so we can see more then just Force Users, so we can see just normal people, other technology and all that.
Perhaps, TBH I've never really been in to X-Wing fighters an all that. But we'll see.