Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ability failing and GCD still applying

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Ability failing and GCD still applying

Sidrath
06.13.2013 , 10:23 AM | #11
Bumping this just because it's the primary reason I, and so many people I know, started giving up on the game. You can't ever hope to be competitive in a game if you lose literally 10% of your output to ghosts (I parsed myself on a dummy, counting the lost GCDs: was between 8% and 12% in 5 separate 3-minute tests). In PvP being on-the-dot is utterly critical, and ability misfires often mean the difference between finishing off that low-hp healer and failing to capitalise (hello buggy Vicious Throw that twirls but never lands!). As for PvE, I can't imagine how raidgroups would plough through truly difficult Enrages (the type that no guild worldwide clears for the first several weeks) whilst subject to the RNG of losing 10% of your DPS because hey, the abilities won't fire.

It is an odd bug because I don't recall getting ghosts AT ALL until 1.7 hit. Then suddenly ghost GCDs become a constant occurence in my gameplay; I'd be curious to know if others had the problem since launch, or since a specific patch. Any info we collate MIGHT help Bioware fix this (though I'm not really optimistic on the prospects).
Sidrath - JuggernautSídrath - Powertech

Atlantida
06.14.2013 , 03:47 AM | #12
Such an annoying bug. It pretty much nullifies accuracy for all classes... I even miss heals sometimes. What's the point of having a GCD, if it's broken? I don't think they realize, or care, how much this breaks playability.

Alec_Fortescue
06.15.2013 , 11:33 AM | #13
Startec pvping my way up to valor 100 (finally) and it's so annoying! Gets me kills way too often!!!

Shikiru
06.17.2013 , 09:52 AM | #14
up
this is really annoying
"Death is merely the final failure of the weak."

Luniate Netra Iktomi
The Red Eclipse [EU]

Yazka
06.18.2013 , 10:01 AM | #15
I play healers and tanks, all classes. Problem is most noticeable with healers, big portion (say 25%) of my cast-time heals disappear in warzones. Usually, when I'm dropping casted (as opposed to instants) heals on people, they really need them so ghosted kolto injection really hurts.

Fatumastrum
06.18.2013 , 04:03 PM | #16
PLS Fix this. Its way out of hand now. BUMP!

kingofmachines
06.18.2013 , 05:11 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Sidrath View Post
Bumping this just because it's the primary reason I, and so many people I know, started giving up on the game. You can't ever hope to be competitive in a game if you lose literally 10% of your output to ghosts (I parsed myself on a dummy, counting the lost GCDs: was between 8% and 12% in 5 separate 3-minute tests). In PvP being on-the-dot is utterly critical, and ability misfires often mean the difference between finishing off that low-hp healer and failing to capitalise (hello buggy Vicious Throw that twirls but never lands!). As for PvE, I can't imagine how raidgroups would plough through truly difficult Enrages (the type that no guild worldwide clears for the first several weeks) whilst subject to the RNG of losing 10% of your DPS because hey, the abilities won't fire.

It is an odd bug because I don't recall getting ghosts AT ALL until 1.7 hit. Then suddenly ghost GCDs become a constant occurence in my gameplay; I'd be curious to know if others had the problem since launch, or since a specific patch. Any info we collate MIGHT help Bioware fix this (though I'm not really optimistic on the prospects).
If you never got it til 1.7 you were incredibly lucky, sadly the bug has been around since before the game even launched.

Two pretty massive threads here, glad people are still bumping this issue but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)
[VIDEO] Ability Failure to Fire Bug

Esproc
06.26.2013 , 04:42 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by kingofmachines View Post
If you never got it til 1.7 you were incredibly lucky, sadly the bug has been around since before the game even launched.

Two pretty massive threads here, glad people are still bumping this issue but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)
[VIDEO] Ability Failure to Fire Bug
I don't recall having it until a couple of months ago. It is a nightmare to have and seems to be more prevalent.

This is a top priority fix!

The "ooh my armor clips, fur looks..., color is... ranks a low on the necessary quality of game play function.

Sadly our "newer" coders since a year ago May are more into "fluff" and reskin concepts than "meat and potatoes".
In this Age of Information, Ignorance is a Choice!

OcTwenty
07.03.2013 , 06:30 AM | #19
bump, this is THE most grounding breaking bug in games thats been around for ever, not only is it still in game, its not even being acknowledged by the devs even with the shear amount of evidence thats been provided, videos ect. this is absolutely disgraceful.
There are three types of people in this world, ones that can count and ones that can't.

Rhyft
07.03.2013 , 09:39 AM | #20
Yep. Very little acknowledgement from the community team/devs - yet even videos have been provided documenting the widespread and incredible prevalence of this FLAW. I don't want to call it a bug, because that's not what it is. It is a fundamental, flawed component of this game.