Corso Romance help // Maybe I'm just paranoid??

Labadoodle

Ok .. so ever since putting in my subscription to this awesome game a couple of weeks ago, I've absolutely fallen in love with SWTOR!! :D And did I plan on ever really enjoying the romance aspect of the PVE storylines? Definitely not!

And then came Corso ... *sigh* ... :rolleyes:

The only problem is I think somethings wrong! I've flirted at every possible option, always been nice to the ladies and done the goody-goody thing .. and here I am on Alderaan at level 29 and all he's done is flirt, tell me I deserve a guy who can do better for me, ask if he can BE that guy, and give me a cute lil' gun named 'Sparkles' ...

.. um .. dude? Where's my kiss? I also just got his first companion quest ... at level 29 ... and went and tried to save his cousin and everything is this normal? Did I screw it up somehow ..?

Or am I just paranoid? :confused::confused:

Companion conversations are dependent on where you are in your class story. If you have mountains of affection with Corso and haven't been getting any new conversations, just keep playing as normal, and eventually more conversations will open up. A lot of people will end up having 3-5 convos pop up after they start their next chapter if their affection is pretty high.

You're fine. As long as you continue to make him happy and do your quests as normal, he's give you one last quest at around 45. This is when the two of you 'share' a bottle of wine and have happy fun sexy times. I think you f-t-b like 4 times with Corso. He'll keep flirting HARD with you, but he won't actually bone you until after he offers you some wine. Then it's coy look over your shoulder, and him swaggering after you with a smug look to his face.

I THINK you kiss after you save a friend of his on Balmorra, around 30s. But no sexy times. Just a smooch.

Been soooo long since I romanced and married Corso on my Smuggler. Hell, she's already finished her class quest.

Oh noes, elliotcat joins a Corso thread. D:

It is normal. You have to get to chapter 2 before you get any further. I think that right before Alderaan was when Ayang had the "do you want to be my girlfriend" chat and that's the first time they kissed. I was getting all mad like, "What, you don't like green chicks or something?" But I do seem to remember that they were together by the time Terann was flirting with me on Alderaan.

He takes things really slow, but I think it's kinda nice. It makes the payoff better, even if it's super frustrating at the time. Not all the conversations are romance-focused, though. Some are just friendly.

I'm trying all the other LIs but this one is still my favorite. :)

It is normal. You have to get to chapter 2 before you get any further. I think that right before Alderaan was when Ayang had the "do you want to be my girlfriend" chat

Most companion conversations are gated by class plot chapter, and Act 1 ends/Act 2 starts with a sequence just after Alderaan. That's when I would expect to hear Corso speak up again.

Waaah! Thank you all SO MUCH! :)

All of your input has definitely put me at ease--- and instilled within me a new found energy to power through Alderaan!!! I guess after finding out the hard way that you can screw up the Sith Inquistor LI Adronikos by just batting your eyes the wrong way, I was a wee bit nervous that all my flirting with other dudes (because his jealousy bits are just so damn adorable!) I thought I might have lost him.

*phew* glad I avoided that heart attack! :p

All of your input has definitely put me at ease--- and instilled within me a new found energy to power through Alderaan!!! I guess after finding out the hard way that you can screw up the Sith Inquistor LI Adronikos by just batting your eyes the wrong way, I was a wee bit nervous that all my flirting with other dudes (because his jealousy bits are just so damn adorable!) I thought I might have lost him.

You can always call one of your other companions if you want to hook up with someone, though I couldn't bring myself to because I felt too guilty.

Yeah, the Andronikos one was really weird, at least for me. I had flirts with him on Tattooine and Alderaan, but when it came to chatting with him on my ship, I had MAYBE one [FLIRT] and the rest I had to guess. I'm just glad I picked the right ones cause I wound up married to him. For some reason, almost none of the one's on the ship had [FLIRT] next to it. And guessing sucks. But he seemed to like my guesses cause we're married now.

I'm HOPING I'm still married to Quinn though. Especially after his fubar. I forgave him, told him to come to my quarters for make up nookie and decided not to tell a soul he was a douche. So...yeah.

When I made my Smuggler, I was gonna have her be the galaxy's bicycle, but Corso put a stop to that. So Corso was her first lover. Damn him.

The romances aren't always the easiest things to navigate. I think I may have just broken up with Doc, although i didn't mean to. At the very least we seem to be "on a break."

Seriously, some signage would be helpful - this way to marriage, this way to singledom. Course, maybe I should just leave Doc and hold out hope that Scourge will be romanceable cause the big red guy is totally ruining me for other men.

*steps into thread and looks around*

Wait..what..this isn't an Aric thread...I don't belong here.

*leaves thread*

No, in all seriousness I have thought I have messed up a few of my companion romances but they opened up later on, it is hard to know what is going to open up the romance line. As others have said it can be quite heavily gated with class storyline - well mine have been, at least.

I somehow managed to stuff up my Andronikos romance and I still don't even know how I did that! :)

Edited by Taalbert

Haha I know what you mean about Aric!

He was my first LI when I did my original Trooper ... gotta admit I never though cathar would be my thing, who would've thought? His transition from hard-*** to sweet-heart was way more of a heart.tear jerker than I was anticipating! In all honesty I wasn't expecting this much depth from the PVE side of the game, as I'm usually a PVP sorta gal ... but SWTOR has definitely changed me for the better.

But in all seriousness ... Corso has got to be the cutest thing I've ever seen since that Jawa I picked up on Coruscant with my consular :p

The romances aren't always the easiest things to navigate. I think I may have just broken up with Doc, although i didn't mean to. At the very least we seem to be "on a break."

Seriously, some signage would be helpful - this way to marriage, this way to singledom. Course, maybe I should just leave Doc and hold out hope that Scourge will be romanceable cause the big red guy is totally ruining me for other men.

Girl, been there done that! On my first Jedi Knight, I didn't realize Doc got his feelings all hurt when I criticized his womanizer ways--despite the fact that I flirted with him and racked up those dark side "passion" points like none other! .. So after realizing I epically failed his romance, I will embarrassingly admit I started a whole new knight just to play things out the right way ..

Oh noes, elliotcat joins a Corso thread. D:

It is normal. You have to get to chapter 2 before you get any further. I think that right before Alderaan was when Ayang had the "do you want to be my girlfriend" chat and that's the first time they kissed. I was getting all mad like, "What, you don't like green chicks or something?" But I do seem to remember that they were together by the time Terann was flirting with me on Alderaan.

He takes things really slow, but I think it's kinda nice. It makes the payoff better, even if it's super frustrating at the time. Not all the conversations are romance-focused, though. Some are just friendly.

I'm trying all the other LIs but this one is still my favorite. :)

Oh yess =) I just got to this point with my smuggler *swoon* . Glad to know that other players had this pacing as well. Was a little worried that I was moving a long too quickly in the romance. Prefer it when the convos are a little spaced out.

Really good little convo and so romantic

Whaa... you can fail the romance and not even know it. Oki, memo to me, I'll swing by here to ask ppl what I should do when my little SI get's him. Scary stuff...

Is some able to post not what to do, specifically so I don't screw up the LI with my SI? And any other companions too.

As some other poster mentioned, I would totally start over if I screwed up, and I want to avoid that!

Is some able to post not what to do, specifically so I don't screw up the LI with my SI? And any other companions too.

As some other poster mentioned, I would totally start over if I screwed up, and I want to avoid that!

I can do that. I've married off 6 out of 8 companions and I remember each one just about.

I can totally help you out! Hahah, i'd love to make sure no one suffers the same fate i did :confused: ... Anyways! Long story short, if you're out for Andronikos, follow this one simple step.

1.) Pretty much agree with him on everything, seriously. Avoid losing any affection. BUT MOST OF ALL! And I say this with the utmost sincerity. Never, ever, ever try sarcasm with him. It doesn't work. That's where I lost him, when my SI jokingly told him to shutup and stop being sensitive--- he pretty much dropped all flirts / outside conversation with me.

No option for forgiveness / rebuilding. Nothing =/

• 2 years later...
At what affection lvl does he give you Sparkles? My smuggler is at 28 with her Corso affection lvl at 5500.

It's not just an Affection level, it's also where you're at in your class story.

My current f!Smuggler has very high Affection with him, so I'm definitely crossed whatever thresholds are required for all the Chapter 1 conversatons.

I can say that my f!Smuggler is about to hit Tatooine and has it, though. I can't remember if she got it before or after Nar Shadaa, or before or after the actual mission quest involving his cousin. I want to say it was after..