Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

tavrinDosa
10.22.2017 , 09:00 AM | #8011
I q solo and win most of the time or at least enjoy myself cause Iím
Beating people 1v1 in some cases. If Iím on my own I tend to guard and win the 1v1s. To those people upset its not the fault of the premade itís the fault of the player base. Most people suck these days. Iím good enough to carry or at least not feel like Iím being carried. When youíre put in a group of ****ters, itís rough. But no, no solo que. be better, if you donít have time to play the game at an optimal level, you risk not having the benefit of a team by your side.

Lundorff
10.22.2017 , 11:36 AM | #8012
Quote: Originally Posted by tavrinDosa View Post
I q solo and win most of the time or at least enjoy myself cause Iím
Beating people 1v1 in some cases. If Iím on my own I tend to guard and win the 1v1s. To those people upset its not the fault of the premade itís the fault of the player base. Most people suck these days. Iím good enough to carry or at least not feel like Iím being carried. When youíre put in a group of ****ters, itís rough. But no, no solo que. be better, if you donít have time to play the game at an optimal level, you risk not having the benefit of a team by your side.
I suspect your definition of a premade differs somewhat from mine. When I talk premade (and unbalanced matches in general) I am referring to getting 3-capped in CW or double capped/denied in AHG or behind 3-0 within the first 2 minutes in Buttball. Those are the matches I mostly complain about, as they are utterly pointless for everyone.

In those matches you will not be able to 1v1 someone trying to nodecap you (which you shouldn't try to begin with, unless in you are going to lose the match anyway), as their 117 millions stealth friends has also tagged along .

No one can "carry" in those kind of matches.

HanSollo
10.22.2017 , 01:19 PM | #8013
They should just remove solo que all togeather its an MMO not a MSO. Check mate solo quers.

Icykill_
10.22.2017 , 07:21 PM | #8014
This topic and thread has been going back and forth for years and there are distinct trends for when this topic raises its ugly head.

* influx of newer pvpers (usually forced by Bioware to obtain something not used or needed in pvp)
* departure of lots of veteran pvpers at once (reduces quality player population)
* major class imblances
* major nerfs or buffs
* influx of returning players (new content or fixed mechanics... other game closures or failures)
* pvp population migrations from server to server or mergers

Just about all of the above is or has been happening for months now.

Normally Iím on the side of premades being fine because premades donít mean they are good... and good players donít actually need to be in a premade to operate like a premade.
You can have a team of 4 high skilled players who donít know each other and 4 other randoms. Those 4 skilled players will often play like a premade because they know exactly what to do and how to play. Good premades or good player default premades dont even need things like voice chat or even to communicate for tactical advanatage.

But at the moment we donít have people forming premades to have trinity teams or to learn or to have a tactical advantage of voice chat,...
What Iím seeing... are people forming weird premades like 3-4 healers or 3 healers and 1 tank... Iíve not seen one trinity premade or skilled premade since I resubbed.
I can only theorise they are making these premades because they canít dps or need that many healers to stay alive... of course there are the premade trolls who are making those stupid combinations to farm numbers, ruin matches and abuse people (you know who you are... a certain Imp guild on Harbinger)...

At the moment those premades Iím seeing are ruining matches because every match is boring. Too many healers or healer tank combos. Any more than 4 healers in any match is bad... but when you see 8+ healers and tanks in matches... itís time to leave... itís boring and is just big numbers parsing exercise.
I like premades normally, but this rubbish is out of control

Bioware need to bring in a role check mechanism when queuing for pvp... so there is some basic match making,
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Lundorff
10.29.2017 , 02:40 PM | #8015
Lovely evening. First MVPs queue sync on pub side in ranked, and the World Bears and DHQ (or something like that) double queue sync in regs. And you wonder why PVP in this game is dying

ALaggyGrunt
10.29.2017 , 03:07 PM | #8016
Premades aren't ruining PvP. The natural progression of PvP is ruining PvP. The better everyone currently playing gets, the steeper the learning curve is for someone new to not be a complete waste of a slot.

I just got out of several games where one pub on Harbinger told everyone to just pile on one node in Civil War. If your team can't win, just piling on one node is optimal strategy because there's no way that team is going to take and hold two. If the game keeps making "matches" like that over and over, there's something seriously wrong with the game.

The healer/tank spam premades are another result of the natural progression of the PvP part of the game: you need DPS to win, but if your objective is to just stay alive and not get globaled, guess what people are going to take? Yep, the will-probably-lose strategy of healer/tank spam over the certain-to-lose strategy of the full trinity.

Sorry, I just woke up. Is it 2014 yet?

DavidAtkinson
10.29.2017 , 03:09 PM | #8017
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
Lovely evening. First MVPs queue sync on pub side in ranked, and the World Bears and DHQ (or something like that) double queue sync in regs. And you wonder why PVP in this game is dying
Yeah.. those scum always que sync in weekends on TRE and us imps are idiots all the time and keep queing ranked regardless and get shafted.

DavidAtkinson
10.29.2017 , 03:12 PM | #8018
Quote: Originally Posted by ALaggyGrunt View Post
Premades aren't ruining PvP. The natural progression of PvP is ruining PvP. The better everyone currently playing gets, the steeper the learning curve is for someone new to not be a complete waste of a slot.

I just got out of several games where one pub on Harbinger told everyone to just pile on one node in Civil War. If your team can't win, just piling on one node is optimal strategy because there's no way that team is going to take and hold two. If the game keeps making "matches" like that over and over, there's something seriously wrong with the game.

The healer/tank spam premades are another result of the natural progression of the PvP part of the game: you need DPS to win, but if your objective is to just stay alive and not get globaled, guess what people are going to take? Yep, the will-probably-lose strategy of healer/tank spam over the certain-to-lose strategy of the full trinity.

Sorry, I just woke up. Is it 2014 yet?
The problem with healer tank premades is that the opposite team is highly likely to be inferior on that regard.. which result in farming and constant death/frustration for the non premade team which has some t1 juggs and sorcs who are dead the moment they set foot on the field.

You cannot do enough DPS if you aren't healed enough comapared to the tank healer armada you face.

If you're a decent/good player, you will be a top damage dealer in your team but you can't really do more than that.

Lundorff
10.30.2017 , 02:00 AM | #8019
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Yeah.. those scum always que sync in weekends on TRE and us imps are idiots all the time and keep queing ranked regardless and get shafted.
I will be making a republic toon (level 70, valor 25) for the solo purpose of disrupting and discouraging them. I will add their names and when they queue I will also queue and lose on purpose

And that goes for every bloody queue syncers

AlrikFassbauer
10.30.2017 , 07:42 AM | #8020
Quote: Originally Posted by ALaggyGrunt View Post
The natural progression of PvP is ruining PvP.
I fear that this is far more true than most people wish it to be ...
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.