Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

MercenaryPlayer
10.10.2017 , 12:46 PM | #8001
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
That one was a real howler.

Even if the premade isn't on voice chat (and many are) they usually have other advantages in not being a random assortment of players of varying levels of experience or gearing, and unlike most PUGs, usually have an ideal class/spec breakdown in their group. When you're part of a PUG with no healers versus a double premade with two that spend much of the match guarded...good luck with that. The only chance the PUG has if the premade plays exceptionally poorly.

Are premades invincible? Of course not. Sometimes they do play poorly or go for that greedy 3 cap, resulting in a heaping dose of humble pie. They might also get a taste of their own medicine and get an opposing team that has its own premade, except that one happens to be better, or a PUG that just happens to have 3 or 4 outstanding players. Claiming premades aren't queuing with a built in advantage over most PUGs however, is laughable.

People usually will defend their advantages however rather than admit those advantages are unfair or even exist. That is also why for example no matter how well needed a nerf, you'll always get some who will wail and gnash their teeth. Or why some will howl if you suggest that gear shouldn't be a factor in PVP. It's no different in this thread. Some of the players who don't solo queue will get defensive when criticism is directed at their advantage.

There is an element of truth as well to the fact that most regular premade players aren't actually that good, the premade just creates an illusion of it. The PVP communities are small and it doesn't take long to get familiar with the names of most of the regulars in regs, as well as the groups/guilds that run regular premades. The great majority aren't crushing the ranked leaderboards if they even step foot there at all, and you do sometimes come across regular premade players solo. Most of the time they're fairly average when they don't have a pocket healer and two other groupmates in tow. There are of course always exceptions.

That all said I'm not sure that banning premades or creating a separate queue for them would change anything. A separate queue wouldn't get used as most premaders are just looking to curb-stomp the opposition, not run into a challenge, and those that would want a challenge wouldn't use the premade queue for lack of regular pops. Players would also find ways around a premade ban, and I'm not sure that is entirely a good idea anyway considering this is first and foremost a multiplayer game.

Maybe PVPing solo should just net greater rewards if paired against a premade, without one of your own on the same team. Increased valor gains, UCs, ect.
This one was a real howler.

Wimbleton
10.10.2017 , 03:34 PM | #8002
Aaarrroooooooooooooooooooooooooo

RooRider
10.10.2017 , 05:55 PM | #8003
Most people still playing this game are bad, that includes the overwhelming majority of premades. If you're constantly losing to these trash teams, you might want to look at how YOU can get better, rather than how to water down a game that is already stuck in easy-mode. Stop making excuses for why you always lose and be honest with yourself, you lose because your bad, you hate premades because no decent players ever invite you to group with them, you are the problem.
EA's no.1 fanboi

Enjoyer of mediocre games

HanSollo
10.10.2017 , 11:20 PM | #8004
Quote: Originally Posted by SubjugatorX View Post
You cant blame the players for people leaving the game, that is nonsense

if anyone is to blame here its bioware, it wouldnt have been hard to setup queues to match premades against each other & throw all the solo queued players in together

of course now that the population is basically dead its probably not the right course of action

dont think for a second though that a solo queue will stop your team getting flogged by 2-3 good players who have no affiliation with each other
Im saying thay the fault lies with both the players and BW for not figuring something out. Everything else I agree witj.

Eastiano
10.11.2017 , 03:05 AM | #8005
Quote: Originally Posted by RooRider View Post
Most people still playing this game are bad, that includes the overwhelming majority of premades. If you're constantly losing to these trash teams, you might want to look at how YOU can get better, rather than how to water down a game that is already stuck in easy-mode. Stop making excuses for why you always lose and be honest with yourself, you lose because your bad, you hate premades because no decent players ever invite you to group with them, you are the problem.
Does this mean I can declare myself good as I'm not really playing anymore? Yay me \o/

Floplag
10.11.2017 , 12:30 PM | #8006
Good god this is STILL going on a year later? Its not changing, deal with it. Its an MMO, people group. Make a few friends, group up yourself, and take the fight to them.

I hate facing them as it generally means a mismatch, just far too much advantage to overcome unless they are walking dead. Even when they are on my team it takes the fun out of it. That having been said beating them is mahogany level stuff. Some teams are beatable, others are not, learn which is which and pick your battles. There is no other choice.

I personally am falling into the "if you cant beat them join them" crowd at this point. There are just far too many reason why it makes sense with the CXP grind and everything else, playing solo is just masochistic at this point.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

Wimbleton
10.11.2017 , 12:33 PM | #8007
Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
Good god this is STILL going on a year later? Its not changing, deal with it. Its an MMO, people group. Make a few friends, group up yourself, and take the fight to them.

I hate facing them as it generally means a mismatch, just far too much advantage to overcome unless they are walking dead. Even when they are on my team it takes the fun out of it. That having been said beating them is mahogany level stuff. Some teams are beatable, others are not, learn which is which and pick your battles. There is no other choice.

I personally am falling into the "if you cant beat them join them" crowd at this point. There are just far too many reason why it makes sense with the CXP grind and everything else, playing solo is just masochistic at this point.
2012, its 2017, this post has been going for 5 years brobrobubblebuddy

Floplag
10.11.2017 , 12:45 PM | #8008
Quote: Originally Posted by Wimbleton View Post
2012, its 2017, this post has been going for 5 years brobrobubblebuddy
Wow... ok well my own views are known and quite frankly most people that give me grief for it miss the point entirely but it is what it is.

The bottom line it doesn't matter what I think or what anyone thinks, its working as intended as the saying goes. Learn your class as best you can then start grouping up. Anything else is just asking to get knocked into the next galaxy so to speak.

For those still trying to fight it i say this.... most people will help if you ask, grow a pair, start talking to people, embrace the whole "multi" in the MMO, group up, guild up, and live life to the fullest.

Oh and DO NOT ask in gen chat you'll get nothing but trolls. Whisper those who seem to get it and talk to them directly.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

merovejec
10.12.2017 , 06:23 AM | #8009
Yesterday I finnly had a day off where I didnt have to do anything. My family was away so I could play swtor all day \o/

Anyway, so I quickly realized that what I need to do requires a group and that at those times ppl just dont que for FPS or so. I decided to spend some time PVPing, as there was and 242 Offhand in my invetory, which I wanted to upgrade to 248.

It went quite well with us rolling over the imps (I played my mando btw), but then shortly after lunch at around 1 pm I started seeing this Sync Squad guild and ppl with weird character names. They were a premade and basically dominated every match. They werent killable due to the combination of healer skank tanks and operatives (They probably sync qued 6 ppl). The interesting part was that this went on for hours and hours. I did other stuff in the mean time but I wanted to finish weekly on that day for the Components. They really kept it running till about 7 PM when I stopped quing. So WOW! I mean 6 hours of regs straight!!
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link

soulriderr
10.21.2017 , 11:37 PM | #8010
Yep me too thze other day went on ranked , got myself against some ukranian squad 3 times in a row , didn't even stand a chance against them, even that im not a pro pvp-er but not a noob one to so yeah

Would you like FREE STUFF IN SWTOR: For a FREE Character transfer+other unlocks- Use my SWTOR Referral Link www.swtor.com/r/MM9fkv