Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

cycao's Avatar


cycao
03.29.2014 , 06:31 PM | #7021
(╯-)╯︵ ┻━┻

Sangrar's Avatar


Sangrar
03.29.2014 , 06:40 PM | #7022
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
(╯-)╯︵ ┻━┻
How do you do that!?!
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preferred and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
03.29.2014 , 06:58 PM | #7023
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
How do you do that!?!
Its Japanese emoticons.

ZooMzy's Avatar


ZooMzy
03.30.2014 , 12:54 AM | #7024
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
Your analogy makes no sense. That would be like me saying you can live a long and fulfilling life with AIDs and so you shouldn't worry about using protection when you have anal sex with prostitutes.

Your logic should not be based on what might happen occasionally. Logic should be based on ...logic. Such as that while pugs can be better than top tier premades they usually aren't and currently matches are usually lopsided one way or the other. I had a match earlier where my team lost 660 to 659. That was a loss but it was a lot of fun. I had a lot more fun in that match than I did in an earlier match where I won with over 700 to 200.

You need to really think about the way you see things. Your way will get you no where in life. What took me from poor to very well off was true competitiveness and learning what others (bosses and customers) wanted.
Lol

You claim I can't speak on what may be minor occurrences, yet suddenly, every premade is now "top tier"? Since when did grouping suddenly make you elite? When in reality, the issue is how people approach the game, where some play by the rules and a majority choose to try and change the game to their expectations, which is an impossible occurrence. The problem isn't the rule abiders, it's all of you who claim the game should only be DPS specs fighting at objectives.

You still have yet to make a legitamite counter as to where premades are superior to pugs in game mechanics, while I have shown that in all reality, a premade is no where close to invincible by that theoretical scenario.

And dear lord, you would bring up a RL topic because of how silent I force you to be in the face of logic. There's a reason why I dominate in WZs, and why I do quite well for myself as a collegiate NCAA distance runner on scholarship, and why I understand competition better than your little "I played flag football in high school once" crap.

If you want to take this to a RL debate, then fine by me. But that's as far as you'll get into my personal life; go outside and smell the roses if you think your plan works so well. There's a reason why a majority of the player base is trash, because your ignorant understanding of competition shows you truly deserve every beat down you get in a WZ.

Step up your game. Or go back to your RL, PvP isn't an economic or social construct of buisness/competition. It is pure competition.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
03.30.2014 , 01:38 AM | #7025
Quote: Originally Posted by sangrar View Post
how do you do that!?!

(╯-)╯︵ ┻━┻

Exly's Avatar


Exly
03.30.2014 , 10:18 AM | #7027
Quote: Originally Posted by ZooMzy View Post
And dear lord, you would bring up a RL topic because of how silent I force you to be in the face of logic. There's a reason why I dominate in WZs, and why I do quite well for myself as a collegiate NCAA distance runner on scholarship, and why I understand competition better than your little "I played flag football in high school once" crap.
Just curious. As collegiate NCAA distance runner on scholarship, do you prefer to compete against other dedicated runners, or do you go looking for casual runners to compete against?

I am guessing that being dedicated to the sport yourself, that you look to compete against others in your league, and you let those who run for fun or for fitness reasons to compete against themselves if they are inclined to do so. If so, then I find it hard to understand why you oppose separate q's in this game. On the other hand, if you go looking for casual runners to compete against, and take great pride in beating them, then I find it hard to understand what you are trying to prove to yourself or to others by doing so.

Sangrar's Avatar


Sangrar
03.30.2014 , 10:26 AM | #7028
Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
Just curious. As collegiate NCAA distance runner on scholarship, do you prefer to compete against other dedicated runners, or do you go looking for casual runners to compete against?

I am guessing that being dedicated to the sport yourself, that you look to compete against others in your league, and you let those who run for fun or for fitness reasons to compete against themselves if they are inclined to do so. If so, then I find it hard to understand why you oppose separate q's in this game. On the other hand, if you go looking for casual runners to compete against, and take great pride in beating them, then I find it hard to understand what you are trying to prove to yourself or to others by doing so.
look, I am not saying its right or wrong to premade, I am saying your solutions are flawed. Without matchmaking which won't happen without cross server, a group ony que will NEVER be viable. No one will want to play a group only que without a special incentive and will probably all solo que at the same time. Also, you assume all groups are NCAA distance runners, well what about a group of 4 guys just hanging out, are they on the same level as the NCAA runners? No, not all groups are made the same, not everyone groups to "pugstomp", I group seldom but when I do its to screw around with my friends. Also, as the devs have admitted, the population will not really handle splitting. In conclusion, group only que would just not be viable enough and do more harm than good, there would be no real incentive, it would not match groups equally which would mean in essence you would be creating the same situation you see now only this time it really would punish people who want to casually group with their buddies, and due to splitting it would probably not be fast, and also would be fairly easy to bypass. Now please counter my arguments civilly, I have too much bad experiences in this thread, do not attack me and say I am a "pugstomping baddie" or whatever, just please counter some of the points I have brought up.
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preferred and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE

Exly's Avatar


Exly
03.30.2014 , 10:53 AM | #7029
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
look, I am not saying its right or wrong to premade, I am saying your solutions are flawed. Without matchmaking which won't happen without cross server, a group ony que will NEVER be viable. No one will want to play a group only que without a special incentive and will probably all solo que at the same time. Also, you assume all groups are NCAA distance runners, well what about a group of 4 guys just hanging out, are they on the same level as the NCAA runners? No, not all groups are made the same, not everyone groups to "pugstomp", I group seldom but when I do its to screw around with my friends. Also, as the devs have admitted, the population will not really handle splitting. In conclusion, group only que would just not be viable enough and do more harm than good, there would be no real incentive, it would not match groups equally which would mean in essence you would be creating the same situation you see now only this time it really would punish people who want to casually group with their buddies, and due to splitting it would probably not be fast, and also would be fairly easy to bypass. Now please counter my arguments civilly, I have too much bad experiences in this thread, do not attack me and say I am a "pugstomping baddie" or whatever, just please counter some of the points I have brought up.
You suggest that splitting q's would do more harm than good, and I disagree with you on that point.

Using myself as an example, I am a solo q'er that took several months away from PvP because I was tired of all of the pugstomping that was going on. I firmly believe that I am not unique, and that many more people are driven away from PvP because of the bad experiences that they have had at the hands of premade groups than are drawn to it because they can form their own premade groups. Therefor, I believe it is in the best interest of the to provide a separate solo only q so that fewer players are driven away from PvP, and more people might actually be drawn to it.

Edit: a proper matchmaking system would be nice too, but because of hybrid builds and BW's internal limitations I think it is unlikely that we will ever get one that works.

Seireeni's Avatar


Seireeni
03.30.2014 , 11:08 AM | #7030
Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
Using myself as an example, I am a solo q'er that took several months away from PvP because I was tired of all of the pugstomping that was going on. I firmly believe that I am not unique, and that many more people are driven away from PvP because of the bad experiences that they have had at the hands of premade groups than are drawn to it because they can form their own premade groups. Therefor, I believe it is in the best interest of the to provide a separate solo only q so that fewer players are driven away from PvP, and more people might actually be drawn to it.
Using myself as an example, I'm a casual player of this game and my skill level is medicore at best. I have a couple of friends who usually take long breaks from SWTOR and then play for a month and then take a break again. They are even worse than me in pvp. We occasionally group up to pvp just like we occasionally group up to level, do fps and do ops.

Splitting queues to group queue and solo queue, while still not providing any matchmaking and assuming that there are more skilled groups than medicore/bad groups, would lead us to having longer queue times (especially since we are a group of 3 and do a lot of lowbie pvp) and getting stomped all the time, instead of getting stomped sometimes (like the case is now). Just so people like you, who only solo queue, would get still get stomped, just not as often. 4 skilled players couldn't group up anymore, but the lack of matchmaking could, and probably also would, create highly uneven matches.

But hey, after all, you don't care about groups of medicores/bads getting stomped by groups of skilled players. You care about you and people like you getting stomped. And if you can get stomped less, while some other people get stomped more AND a longer queue time as a bonus, that's great, right?
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Darth Malgus - And some alts on Satele Shan and Star Forge - The Firslay Legacy
referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/J24zRp