Endless Offensive Set

NayaruLovegood

Hi! So I'm curious if anyone has some feedback about the endless offensive set? I'm really enjoying elemental convection on my telekinetics and storms succor on my seer. I'm really interested in this set for both disciplines and I guess I'm excited and want to hear about it before I finish collecting it myself.

For Telekinetics/lightning - I theorise it may be possible to keep up empowered indefinitely by using maximum of 2 instant skills between blitz's or 1 skill if it's got an activation time.

Q1: Does that theory work?

Q2: What kind of numbers are you pulling off with blitz on 3 stacks of empowered?

Q3: How does this setup fair damagewise vs Gathering storm w/ Stormwatch? (I feel like Endless Offensive with Elemental Convection would be better since it doubles the rate of telekinetic wave but if not I would put money on it being miles better AoE DPS at least)

For Seer/corruption:

Q1: What kind of healing numbers are you seeing from this on 3 stacks of empowered? I'm already seeing over 30k heal crits on 2 stacks.

Q2: I think I know the answer to this one but: Gonna need that 110% accuracy for this to fail as little as possible, right?

Q3: Is it as amazing as I'm imagining for rescuing a party where everyone's dropped low on health and is potentially spread out? blitz, blitz, blitz, force speed, blitz, blitz...first charge recharged (or close enough) so blitz#6 - crisis averted? Or otherwise breaking up the blitz's a bit as with my theory for telkinetics so that empowered stays stacked for longer and you can just shoot out those 30k(40k?)+ crits as part of the routine

Thanks =)

Edited by NayaruLovegood

I can't answer all of your questions, I haven't played a healer in years, and my experience with the set comes from the PTS (so my experience is skewed with optimal stats), but playing with it on the PTS the Endless Offensive set goes very well with Elemental Convection. It was almost constant uptime and all of the AOE damage was insane. I don't remember numbers, but things died fast. It's a great combination if you're in a fight with a lot of adds. Kai Zykken did have the chest piece for this set recently (which I did purchase), but on live, since I don't run OPs, I am going to go for the Gathering Storm set. The consensus appears to be that Gathering Storm with Stormwatch is by far the higher single target DPS setup, but Endless Offensive with Elemental Convection will pull ahead when you need a lot of AOE. Here's a thread from last October where they talk about this.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=970485

Endless Offensive is great as healer but also very situational.

Great in:

- You can use it in PVP without accuracy

- You can use it in lvl 70 Flashpoints (with 260 accuracy miss chance is 8 %)

- You can use it in Operations (even nightmare but only some bosses)

Bad in:

- Nightmare bosses where your group has fixed positions with 30 m range

- lvl 75 Flashpoints (no accuracy)

- Flashpoints with ranges only and the dps get damage

I love this set in easier content because of the damage and the crits.

But you have to be more carefull with resource management.

Also I haven´t used it with 1590 accuracy because as sorc you need all the crit you can get.

For Seer/corruption:

Q1: What kind of healing numbers are you seeing from this on 3 stacks of empowered? I'm already seeing over 30k heal crits on 2 stacks.

Q2: I think I know the answer to this one but: Gonna need that 110% accuracy for this to fail as little as possible, right?

Q3: Is it as amazing as I'm imagining for rescuing a party where everyone's dropped low on health and is potentially spread out? blitz, blitz, blitz, force speed, blitz, blitz...first charge recharged (or close enough) so blitz#6 - crisis averted? Or otherwise breaking up the blitz's a bit as with my theory for telkinetics so that empowered stays stacked for longer and you can just shoot out those 30k(40k?)+ crits as part of the routine

A1: About 35k in nim opses on 3rd stack (over 40k in hm/sm opses). Half of it on 0 stacks. Nice thing is that the cost goes down a lot with each stack, making it almost a free cast on three stacks.

A2: Yes. You do not heal if you miss, you do not want to miss on your third stack. 110% accuracy, 8% alacrity (it will result in 1.4 GCD) and rest into crit. If you do not run nim content, and if your guild has the guild alacrity perk bonus, you might be able to drop some crit and get a bit more alacrity to get to 1.3 GCD permanently if you wish so. But when running this set on nim content, 1.4 GCD is ok and the 8% alacrity paired with clicky alacrity relic will bring you up to 1.3 GCD, and if you use Polarity shift and clicky alacrity relic at once you have 10s of 1.1 GCD and then 10 sec of 1.3 GCD. Those 20s should be enough to either make or break some healing check. If not, the fight might require other healing set to begin with :)

Also as previous person mentioned, there are some fights where it shines, and some where I would not use it at all. For example on Dread Palace Council you so not want to accidentally push boss below certain percentage. But for example on TfB Terror, I can use Volt Rush on 1st/3rd tentacle phase to hit either left or right tentacle as I am in dps range of both, and this way I can heal either left or right tank, even if tank is more than 30m from me due to positioning, so I can help the other healer this way. Also I can Volt Rush the larva if I want to heal the dps on it, or if the tank is kiting it somewhere that is too far for me to reach tank with healing abilities, but close enough to do a few Volt Rushes on Larva. Overall, you will need to re-learn the fights a little to be able to use this set to its full potential, but I really like it and don't mind at all, it is fun for me.

A3: I will probably disappoint you. Yes and no. Thing is, after you get 3 stacks and use another Volt Rush, your stacks disappear, so it is impossible to do a "rotation" with perfect weaving of Volt Rushes to keep yourself at 3 stacks. You do 4 (as 4th is done with 3 stacks) and 5th is again 0 stacks.

Also using Force speed for whatever reason seems to reset cooldown od Volt Rush charges. So for example you have 0 stacks of Volt rush and first one is charging, it already charged for 5 seconds out of 8 (so the charge would be added in 3 seconds), if you use Force speed at that moment you will instantly have 2 Volt Rush charges ready, but the third stack starts to charge from 0 and you need to wait full 8 seconds again rather than 3. About this one I am not sure if it is intended or bug, but since it does not work this way on jugg set afaik, it is possible it is bug rather than feature - but until it is confirmed and fixed, you should be aware it acts like this.

So best case to use Volt Rush is when you get second stack of Volt Rush - then do a Volt Rush, FS, Volt Rush, Volt Rush, Volt Rush (so you get all 3 stacks used on 4th, remember the stacks then disappear, and 5th Volt Rush will be again weak, so you might as well do only 4 Volt Rushes every 18s or so and spend rest of the time with normal healing like Resurgence/Innervate for Consuming Darkness, Roaming Mend, bubbles...) However at the time when you need to do some burst healing, Volt Rushes feel really, really good. Either to burst up a tank who took beating, or in situation where some dps steals aggro of adds on trash fight and starts dropping down - Volt Rush will heal whoever is lowest, so you should be able to keep them up long enough to fix the situation (dps aggrodrops or uses dcd, tank aoe taunts...).

Overall the set was a pain to get, but I enjoy it far more than any other set/tactical combination. Especially because on sorc healer I can get around 1.5k offdps without sacrificing healing and it feels more "active" than just standing around and healing whoever drops low. Especially if you run easier content like sm opses or vet fps where not much healing is needed - with 110% accuracy all your dps abilities hit every time, so in good groups you turn into a mini dps where you only use Resurgence/Innervate to get stacks for Consuming Darkness to sustain your dps abilities. Also heroics are much more fun when you don|t just heal your companion doing all the work, but can actually hit stuff :) If you like Strorm's Succor tactical then definitely try to get the full set, the 6th piece set bonus makes it twice as more fun - 4 pieces sadly have almost no effect (I tried it and it was better to run other full 6 piece set, until I got full EO set).

Wow thanks for the in-depth replies!

I'm currently just doing MM FP's and SM Ops but working towards harder Ops.

So I guess DPS wise I will not move my stormwatch/gathering-storm set to an alt as it'll be more useful on fights with no AoE.

But otherwise I can just stick to Endless Offensive on heals or DPS just with a tactical change and some utility tweaking.

Sandro! Thanks for the disappointment! I'm glad to hear this in advance because it'll change how I'm playing at the moment just using the tactical (keeping track of all the different buff icons is still in my learning curve). I guess there's something to be said for staggering in such a way that once a stack is there that it doesn't get lost until 4th usage except when needing to burst heal then can spam it - I'm thinking to avoid using blitz/rush if it's not possible to use it again 3 more times without empowered dropping off. And I guess that logic works for heals and DPS.

Cheers =D

• 3 weeks later...
As someone that also just finished the set. I will say it is by far my favorite set combo as well. I am matching my commando healer almost step for step on most fights. It helps cheese your tanks out ranging you in some fights and as others have said some fights it’s amazing. NiM styrak it shines so much. Tanks getting knocked back and you can still heal them. Healing the group up during the ghost phase is pretty legit also.

It´s a great set but where do you get it now?

IDK 1 month ago I could get random drops on Kai and saw it drop in all Ops and Dxun.

Plus the crates dropped it too.

Now I think Dxun almost drops no loot and I haven´t seen a drop in weeks. And Kai won´t drop it. (Or I´m extremely unlucky now.)

And I only need 1 damn part to complete the 2nd set for PvP!!

Edited by Ahwassa

IDK 1 month ago I could get random drops on Kai and saw it drop in all Ops and Dxun.

Now I think Dxun almost drops no loot and I haven´t seen a drop in weeks. And Kai won´t drop it. (Or I´m extremely unlucky now.)

I was in the same boat. My 6th piece dropped doing some Luls. Me and 3 dps buddies did a SM KP and my last piece dropped from Karraga. Leave it to the LuLs op to give me what I want even after all the Dxun runs. So tonight I got the pants to drop to finish the collection. The last two pieces in a matter of 3 days. Hang in there. It’s worth it for sure.

Last part was the hardest for me too, took also about a month to get it.

Anecdotal evidence:

- not one part I have came from Dxun HM. I saw people posting screenshot that it dropped here, but even running Dxun HM it felt like overall set drop rate from bosses was lower than running old HM opses. Of course our group could be very unlucky (as in we had 0 set drops to roll on in one of our Dxun HM runs, nothing from Red to Apex)

- 2 parts came from old nims and 1 from old hm ops. In nims you are almost guaranteed to have some set item or tactical drop from every boss, so probably that is "fastest" way to get a drop just because you will get more drops.

- we tried a "gearing" run 2 or 3 times with 7 sorc/1pt tank composition speeding EV and KP HM and then some easy fast first bosses like Nefra, Dashroode, Titan 6 - alas no EO piece. But we got it to drop when doing HM ToS Revan lock run with much more varied class composition, go figure...

- Kai was not selling directly any part when I was making the set, so I had to gamble on him the random set item. I eventually got the 3 parts I needed from him. It is expensive (I stopped counting, but it was way more than 100M credits) and you need a good source of tech fragments - best for me was running TC and capping conquest in large guild. That is now easy with conquest changes, I did it when the conquest changes were not present yet and capped about 10 characters each week. So when Kai appeared I was already sitting at 10k, and afterward ran TC GF with every character to get more tech fragments during the weekend... boring, mind numbing, and if I hadn't tested the set on PTS I would probably give up. Also you will get EO set pieces from gambling on Kai in healing spec, no need to switch to dps spec - I tried it and it had no effect.

- I got a duplicate EO piece in a renown box you get when you level up renown rating. I figure chance is like... one to million? Definitely not a reliable way to get the set, but it can happen, so do not just deconstruct the stuff from the box.

All I can say, good luck and keep at it, it will drop eventually.

Kai was not selling directly any part when I was making the set, so I had to gamble on him the random set item. I eventually got the 3 parts I needed from him. .. So when Kai appeared I was already sitting at 10k.

Thats what I did before. I got 1-2 pieces a week.

But the last 2 months I got nothing anymore so I stopped because I thought they changed that it drops from Kai ...

And no loot drops in Dxun at all and no drops in crates (got one since 6.0 dropped) or in Operations in any difficulty.

It´s so annoying.

Thats what I did before. I got 1-2 pieces a week.

Lucky you. I got 3 parts from Kai gambling over 2 months, as I started doing that when the change was on PTS and I decided I must have that set :D Although I was lucky enough to finish the set with only 1 duplicate part, so there is that...

So as a healer my actual numbers are a little lower but burst is a lot higher. Being able to keep a tank up is a lot better and I would say on par or better than Commando. Also added group burst healing is nice. Still working out numbers and trying to get my dummy parses higher when I have a guildie that will dual with me while I parse.

Any thoughts from other healers running this set ?

So has anyone a list of nightmare bosses where Endless Offensive is really good?

I usually use the set when I know the bosses very well and when there is not much to heal.

For example Asation (all bosses except the second) or Dread Palace (bosses 3+4).

I run with 931 accuracy btw because I want that 1.3 GCD and need as much crit (2.281) I can get.

• 3 weeks later...
If I may ask, does this set ONLY drops on dxun or is it a bonus drop on dxun but can still drop as personal loot in other operations? I'm finding conflicting information about this hence the question.

But in dxun it has a higher drop chance because it can be personal OR bonus right?

I'm not sure if the bonus "extra likelihood" aspect applies to just the loot the group rolls on, or if it also applies to personal loot as well in those scenarios. For an example though, the Rebuking Assault set for shadows/assassins has a higher chance to drop in Dxun, however, of the 12 pieces I've gotten (everything x2 except for 0 wrists), only one or two came from story mode Dxun. The rest were Kai Zykken purchases or HM EV/KP, and not even last boss EV/KP.