Being squishy is not easy...

Metalmac

Sages do fine when you play them properly. I always top dps charts and heal charts with minimal deaths. The main problem is that you suck. Well at least now I’ve finally had the opportunity to see through the eyes of someone who does <100k damage per wz.

NOTES FROM FIRST FIGHT:

In the first fight you cast bubble 6 secs before fight (should aim for 20-30 secs), you managed to cast one dot, randomly ran into them and moved around for 5 secs then cast knockback (hitting only one person), wasted cc breaker on a slow (always save for a 4 sec cc), moved around in a circle between t: 35-49 casting nothing (not a single skill asides for one wasted interrupt that hit nothing) and face-tanking them. You need to cast more than one dot and one knockback to be useful in a 20 sec fight.

Other assorted problems & semiconstructive criticism.

1. Clicker (and you keep misclicking at that)

2. Backpedalling (strafing and instants are your friends)

3. You don’t use LOS/positioning

4. You don’t use bubble proactively (or much at all)

5. You ignore your tele wave/tele throw procs and try to cast tele wave without a proc

6. You try to cast mind crush (untalented)

7. Please stop running back and forth while doing nothing. At least tab dot them or something.

8. You do not cast turbulence near enough (should take the place of mind crush as it does far more damage)

9. You use force speed to run into groups when you are focused (***?)

10. You never used your heals (you should always top up before fights and use LOS to heal up)

11. Use force potency more (especially for heals)

12. The only three times that you used your interrupt were against people who weren’t casting (lolwut?)

13. Why the **** would you spam disturbance 20 times in a row? Please mix in dot/turbulence and tele throw/tele wave when procced

14. You only used forcequake once

15. You don’t use potions/adrenals/stims at all

16. You don’t keep class buffs up at all times

17. You waste all your stuns randomly instead of choosing good times to stun

18. You try to knockback a vigilance guardian after leap

19. You don’t use dispel

20. You never bubble your allies

21. You play middle spec in pvp

Thanks have stated many times I am not that good at PVP. But the tips are nice again thanks.

By the way the middle spec is fun and challenging. The others blow for fun, and are basically a DoT and run spec.

Edited by Metalmac

^This

Also:

No one should expect any sort of survivability in pvp while keyboard turning, back-pedalling and clicking abilities. Binding your abilities to keys and learning how to move effectively is not a matter of personal preference it is absolutely necessary to even have any chance of success in pvp.

No matter how clunky and awkward it may feel at first you will never even have a chance of becoming a good pvp player unless you do these most basic things.

I am retired and used a computer before you in 1976 most likely. I used comptuers for 8 years before the Mac introduced the new thing called a mouse. And even that took 2 years before you saw it on other computers.

So it is like touch pads today will be the standard and kids in the futre will ask what the hell is a mouse.

As for me using keyboard it is hard to quit when it took 14 years before mouse turns became a standard.

Besides this is a game not a way of life or a religion.

Try to enjoy it not use it as a ego boost to feel good about yourself. Well because that is what many kids do today.

Wow, judging from the video, i can faceroll you inside out without even looking at the screen...

Kool so post a video of just how wonderful you are. Always room for unfounded claims of super human PVP.

Besides I never said I am epic or have a ego. Not a claim you can presently make huh?

You play the least forgiving class on position and moving. It's very tough being squishy. If you don't mind me asking have you ever unbound you turns on D and A and rebinding strafe on these two buttons? It will force you to move quite a bit differently but will stop a Mara or Op from getting an extra shot on you every time they get to you.

I applaud your "this game isn't life" attitude and hope you continue to enjoy this game.

You play the least forgiving class on position and moving. It's very tough being squishy. If you don't mind me asking have you ever unbound you turns on D and A and rebinding strafe on these two buttons? It will force you to move quite a bit differently but will stop a Mara or Op from getting an extra shot on you every time they get to you.

I applaud your "this game isn't life" attitude and hope you continue to enjoy this game.

Thank you very much a refreshing veiw and help at same time.

I use a Mac Pro and the arrow keys next to the number pad. As a programmer I always hacked games to fix the WSDE or ASWX as I have very short fingers so just a bad habit for the last 16 years. I need to use the Control key next to the Arrows as a modify key so the Arrow keys become strafe keys. Something I did in WoW.

Thanks for the pointers and good luck to you. Oh and a new video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoL6ZZLwQh0&list=UUULwPKqrRFCtNv5_xMuOqQw&index=1&feature=plcp

Edited by Metalmac

You're playing a terrible spec, first of all. You aren't using your heals, the environment, and CC particularly well- you're clicking and backpedalling.

Though it is true that you're playing a squishy class with no defensive CDs, and yes, you do little in ways of damage, are easy to interrupt- and overall as a sage you're the worst class in the game by a long shot.... you're playing a bad class at half it's actual potential. Can you ever be good enough to roll with good players? No- unless you're carried naturally- but, if you get better you'll be able to beat bads- which is luckily 95% of players.