Merc is TERRIBLE

Shredit

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this has been suggested before ....

Allowing Mercs/Commandos to cast certain abilities on the move (like grav round/charged bolts) would have next to no impact on PVE, but would it make them overpowered in PVP? I'd find that hard to be believe.

Or maybe making charged bolts an instant and lowering the damage but having it apply plasma cell 100% of the time would work out well...

God forbid a merc could free cast anything on the run. Too OP imo. Class needs to be nerfed more if you ask me.

the circumstances necessary to achieve 1mil+ damage have nothing to do with the class. you need an opposing team stacked with healers and a full 15m warzone. chances of getting absurdly high damage numbers goes through the roof in those circumstances.

there's no timer on CW or NC is there? in rated, i've had some epic battles for the middle nodes. often wondered if it was possible to do that ad infinitum.

Edited by foxmob

there's no timer on CW or NC is there? in rated, i've had some epic battles for the middle nodes. often wondered if it was possible to do that ad infinitum.

NC is 30 minutes, I don't think anyone has had an actual stalemate ACW though, hard when turrets fire with one.

it is, which is one of the factors in getting ridonkulous amounts of damage. i was in a 25m civil war once and ended up with just south of 1mil damage, just b/c of the number of healers and the length of the warzone

The class still could use a chance at getting back in the saddle. After what they did to powertechs, I think 1.2 mercs were not that bad at all. I think alot of it was the pre-expertise gaming where my pyro could put out that same amount of damage. Some tweaking to tracer missile and make the other attacks good, but honestly, when people realized they had an interrupt Arsenal merc was GG'd.

I refuse to let this thread fall off the front page. Its got alot of good opinions and honestly, if a dev scans this at all I want him to see this every time.

I refuse to let this thread fall off the front page. Its got alot of good opinions and honestly, if a dev scans this at all I want him to see this every time.
I can't speak for the devs but I imagine all the best intentions are there. I'm sure they're doing the best they can with reduced resources to transition this game and ensure it survives. I suspect the commando/merc PvP issue is "on the list" and will be addressed in time. Keep up the drum beat tho, so it stays on the radar. It's a real issue, despite those few unproven PvP demigods who like to pretend otherwise.

I can't speak for the devs but I imagine all the best intentions are there. I'm sure they're doing the best they can with reduced resources to transition this game and ensure it survives. I suspect the commando/merc PvP issue is "on the list" and will be addressed in time. Keep up the drum beat tho, so it stays on the radar. It's a real issue, despite those few unproven PvP demigods who like to pretend otherwise.

no, they are not. it would take someone an hour max to parse this thread for the good ideas. it would take about 2 minutes for a dev to post that they were actually looking into the issues raised in this thread.

the fact that someone had the time today to move a similar thread from General Discussion to this forum, but not take the time to acknowledge the issues raised, speaks volumes.

guess i will get back to leveling my sniper...

no, they are not. it would take someone an hour max to parse this thread for the good ideas. it would take about 2 minutes for a dev to post that they were actually looking into the issues raised in this thread.
Realistically, the devs probably aren't the ones managing the forums or setting policy on 'official' forum responses from the company.

Realistically, the devs probably aren't the ones managing the forums or setting policy on 'official' forum responses from the company.

i know they arent, im refering to any yellow name. its the community team that works the forums, and Allison Berryman like 99% of the time. it would be nice if she could at least let us know if anyone has taken a look at this thread

I wish I could believe that, but 1.4 just left me seriously doubting that. At best, they have good intentions and no clue how to implement those changes, which what do you know here's a thread full of some good ideas! The fundamental lack of understanding which the last round of changes revealed was just staggering.

I don't know about good intentions. Looking at the patch notes, there's no mention of bounty hunters anywhere. So here we are at version 1.4.3 and the mercenary is still being ignored. At best, it's a mild neglect. At worst, it's willful ignorance.

I wish I could believe that, but 1.4 just left me seriously doubting that. At best, they have good intentions and no clue how to implement those changes, which what do you know here's a thread full of some good ideas! The fundamental lack of understanding which the last round of changes revealed was just staggering.

Well said. Also, bump for justice.

I don't know about good intentions. Looking at the patch notes, there's no mention of bounty hunters anywhere. So here we are at version 1.4.3 and the mercenary is still being ignored. At best, it's a mild neglect. At worst, it's willful ignorance.

Merc is meant to be a companion type class like HK-51, didn't you notice the similarity in our abilities?

I could be wrong, but I don't believe they have ever made any class balance change outside of major patches. They may have changed an ability here or there because it was not working as intended, but you're going to be waiting until at least 1.5 before you see any significant changes.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe they have ever made any class balance change outside of major patches. They may have changed an ability here or there because it was not working as intended, but you're going to be waiting until at least 1.5 before you see any significant changes.

you are correct, only in the major 1.X patches have there been class changes of any significance. it wont be 1.5, but maybe 1.6.

i am guessing that with the release of the new warzone we will see some better pvp balance changes