Do you ever get help from Customer Support regarding ingame items/currencies?

varietasplus

Over the last 3-4 years, whenever I had asked Customer Support to help me in something related to ingame items/currencies, I was turned down with the very same sentence: "I regret to inform you that on this occasion I am unable ...".

I had never asked them to grant me an advantage over other players or something I had not rightfully earnt. I only contacted them when I had lost something owing to misleading description, undocumented or unpredictabile change of mechanism, bug or a simple mistake made that could be undone without further effects/disadvantage on anyone else.

I do remember a period prior to the last few years when Customer Support showed emphaty and proved to be human, engaging in real-time interactions, but that is no longer the case. Actually I begin to wonder whether there are real persons anymore in CS or every problem is handled by a psychopath artificial intelligence.

At this point I can not even tell what good CS is, in each matter they seem uninterested, repeating the very same mantra, therefore they might as well simply remove the option to contact them. I for myself unsub to protest against this attitude.

Regardless, I ask you: what is your experience?

yes in fact they just helped me yesterday.

I had gotten the Malgus reborn suit and equipped it to my assassin, but only in appearance.. so it never bound to my character ( a point I missed). Was then cleaning inventory later and deleting the bound armor i used for appearance and deleted that whole set too.

Oh dang...

Submitted a ticket on Monday and last night, they had mailed me the suit in game.

Pretty happy. I immediately equipped and bound it all to myself and made sure I saw the message that it was added to collections... then deleted it again :)

/whew.

I think I can recall a collection item reset myself as well, so I would definitely not want to imply they are not willing to help in recovering destroyed items.

What I am curious about whether anyones has ever got help with something that is solely related to a current gearing system (the carrot), because that's where I sense a different kind of behaviour.

Edited by varietasplus

yes in fact they just helped me yesterday.

I had gotten the Malgus reborn suit and equipped it to my assassin, but only in appearance.. so it never bound to my character ( a point I missed). Was then cleaning inventory later and deleting the bound armor i used for appearance and deleted that whole set too.

Oh dang...

Submitted a ticket on Monday and last night, they had mailed me the suit in game.

Pretty happy. I immediately equipped and bound it all to myself and made sure I saw the message that it was added to collections... then deleted it again :)

/whew.

Lets hope they do the same for me. I put Outlaw's armor set on and then deleted it lmao. I can't dupe it. It's gone and worth a lot. :confused:

Lets hope they do the same for me. I put Outlaw's armor set on and then deleted it lmao. I can't dupe it. It's gone and worth a lot. :confused:

Unfortunately, that set, like all the CM sets that have stats, doesn't allow you to retrieve more copies after it has been unlocked in collections. Hopefully they will restore it for you.

Yes I have had them help. But when things are bought for event currencies, they are often unable or unwilling to help. I once bought a stack of the wrong decorations at the Nar Shaddaa Nightlife vendor... I bought a stack of decos for golden certificates when I was already at the cap for that deco. I literally couldn’t do anything with the decos... I couldn’t trade them because they are bound to legacy; couldn’t sell them back to the vendor for credits; and couldn’t sell them back for a refund of my golden certificates. CS refused to help me. I don’t know if it’s a problem with the purchase logs, maybe they can’t tell that I bought the decos for GC’s. I don’t know why that’s always an issue.

Yep, I accidentally deleted a few pieces of the Corellian Pilot suit on my character due to not understanding that even though appearance designer binds them to you, it doesn't count for unlocking the collection.

I sent a mail right away, and about 5-7 days later, my suit was sitting in the mail waiting for me.

The CS guy even apologized for taking so long due to a high volume of reports.

I've had both extremes over the years playing the game. An accidentally deleted xp armor set that was sitting in my inventory less than an hour later and an achievement bug that is still unresolved since the big server merge.

I think it is not necessarily tied to the type of issue you encounter, but has a lot to do with how you describe the issue and the luck of the draw which CS agent you get. It's quite obvious that there are some that are sitting in a CS center somewhere around the world who have no clue about the game at all. They don't even try to understand your issue and immediately tell you they can't fix it on their end.

The most telling issue I've had was regarding some achievement bugs after the server merge and two wildly different experiences. The ones regarding the bounty contract event got resolved efficiently and quickly. The ones regarding the companion kills however are still unresolved and they told me to write a bug report and wait for a dev fix when the next update arrives. It never came after almost 2 years.

I can confirm that the german customer service is much better, since they cannot outsource it that easily to CS farms due to the difficult german language.

Edited by Phazonfreak

I recall items being restored to me when I contacted them right after my (at the time) 3yr old thought deleting everything on mummy's character might be fun while I was getting her food. Edited by Suzsi

I am starting to see a picture here that I really don't like.

The feedbacks you have provided so far confirms that you can expect help in recovering items having been deleted accidentaly, but these examples are not related to the grind aspect of the game. I would like to hear a story where someone gets token/currency/component/fragment refund.

What you need to realize is that this is a software, that means they can literally do WHATEVER they want. However, they also have to be SKILLED to actually do it. That means there are people in CS that will turn you down, cause they dont know how and there are people who will assist you with ease.

I had many things restores etc, in fact CS was largely abused in many cases in the past mainly for crafting schematics so that people could craft stuff and get billions from it.

I had many things restores etc, in fact CS was largely abused in many cases in the past mainly for crafting schematics so that people could craft stuff and get billions from it.

This kind of abuse also seems to have changed the rules CS has to follow, there no longer is help with things there used to be a chance for help a few years back. So keep in mind, even if they technically can help with a lot of things, sometimes they simply aren't allowed to do so.

Excluding the cartel market, there are issues that players simply should have to live with, like if you didn't pay attention buying or selling stuff, sith happens, you'll need to play for it again and pay more attention next time, but that's just my opinion. All those 'are you really sure you want to do this' pop-ups and warnings that are in the game now are getting really annoying, if I still accidentally buy/sell/destroy the wrong item, it's my own fault and no reason for a ticket or the expectation CS has to help with that.

What you need to realize is that this is a software, that means they can literally do WHATEVER they want. However, they also have to be SKILLED to actually do it.

I think you're generally on point here. I'd just like to say that "whatever they want" may be a tad misleading. What they're capable of doing is only as far as the tools they have. For example, they probably have a tool to look at logs for something like item deletion for a particular player. They probably have a CS command that can grant you a particular item by ID.

I do think skill/training can be a factor (whether a CS rep is trained to do XYZ procedure) but it's likely also a matter of access level. Level 1 access can't do everything Level 2 access can, even if they were trained in it. I'd guess their system is designed like that in one way or another, so that if a more sensitive issue needs to be handled by CS, it can be, but not every CS rep can fiddle around with the more sensitive procedures. That sort of thing. So that'd be why sometimes escalating a problem in CS (speaking generally about CS systems) will get you help that you wouldn't otherwise be able to get.

But it seems, from stuff people say, that SWTOR CS has some issues with lower level reps giving people the run around and never escalating. Or not giving people a satisfactory explanation as to why they can't help them, especially if someone else has reportedly had a similar issue resolved. Not that it's necessarily the reps' fault. Probably isn't. They are probably grossly underpaid and treated poorly. It's probably a management issue and possibly an access one, where they are being told to turn people away in some cases, if they can get away with it. Hard to say. But the reports, along with my own experiences, have always given me the impression that it's kind of a roll of the dice to get help with this game. No support team is perfect, but this one seems to be consistently problematic at random times. Kinda fits the whole "disorganized mess" image that has consistently dogged this game since development, honestly.