Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Loot Toggle and Gear Drops

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kerdor
11.30.2019 , 08:28 PM | #51
Another week; another odd drop set.

iLevel 306, Sharpshooter Gunslinger; loot disciple set specifically for Sharpshooter

Kephess HM kill; personal loot contains 306 versatile hilt; and 2 full 306 moddable non-Setbonus armors.

Renown crate opened; contained a 302 hilt as well

Void_Singer
12.01.2019 , 04:56 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Kerdor View Post
Another week; another odd drop set.

iLevel 306, Sharpshooter Gunslinger; loot disciple set specifically for Sharpshooter

Kephess HM kill; personal loot contains 306 versatile hilt; and 2 full 306 moddable non-Setbonus armors.

Renown crate opened; contained a 302 hilt as well
Based on the stated rules, as long as they are DPS hilts, that isn't a bug.... not saying it's a good rule, but yeah. there are no guaranteed drops from bosses anymore either (which sucks, making OPs a horrible for rewards, despite being harder and taking longer)
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.

AlrikFassbauer
12.01.2019 , 11:40 AM | #53
My Twi'lek Gunslinger almost exclusively gets Jedi armor and Sith armor - looking like it, and having values like it. Almost never with precision, but almost always with Alacrity (or how it is spelled).

I bet my Twi'lek Sage gets Smuggler armor instead ...
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Dekibra
12.02.2019 , 07:16 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
My Twi'lek Gunslinger almost exclusively gets Jedi armor and Sith armor - looking like it, and having values like it. Almost never with precision, but almost always with Alacrity (or how it is spelled).

I bet my Twi'lek Sage gets Smuggler armor instead ...
do you mean accuracy? precision is not a stat in this game...

but one thing is certain:
you get either a generic set item (usable by ALL classes) or a smuggler/gunslinger item but NEVER jedi/sith CLASS set items as a smuggler
there are a couple of loot/gear drops bugs, issues and design flaws but that is not one of them - so maybe you could write down precisely what dropped where for whom, like Eric asked:
class:
level:
iRating:
loot discipline:
where did the loot drop:
what exactly dropped:

BUT if you are referring to the LOOK of the sets - it could indeed be argued that at least the generic sets kinda look like something a force user would wear, rather than a gunslinger.
useful goodies for you & me --> my Referral Link

TrixxieTriss
12.02.2019 , 06:15 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Void_Singer View Post
Based on the stated rules, as long as they are DPS hilts, that isn't a bug.... not saying it's a good rule, but yeah. there are no guaranteed drops from bosses anymore either (which sucks, making OPs a horrible for rewards, despite being harder and taking longer)
A simple change to the loot table to say no hilts for for non hilt classes is all it would take. For the life of me I can’t understand why that isn’t already a thing. The same as I’m only getting defence and shield drops off bosses for my merc (pre lvl 71).
I know that’s not a bug as it’s been a “feature” for far too long. But seriously how hard can that be to fix in the loot table. Even as a tank, you can use most dps gear, but as a non tank on a class that doesn’t even have a tanks spec available, it’s completely useless.
If they can’t easily change the loot table to identify each spec below lvl 71, at least switch the loot drops to just drop dps gear or better yet, drop boxes to choose from like we have for earlier heroic rewards.

DawnAskham
12.02.2019 , 09:19 PM | #56
Putting on my prognostication hat...

December's patch may address stuff like merc's getting generator offhands and a few oddities such as that (e.g. items that cannot be equipped by a class at all).

December's patch might (though very, very doubtful) address getting sets which buff abilities only available to a discipline while that discipline is not currently selected for loot (e.g. getting a set which buffs an ability only available to the healing discipline while loot set to dps discipline).

December's patch will not address getting somewhat generic class sets which are clearly designed for tank or healing roles, but provide more generic benefits and / or buff abilities tied to the base class (e.g. getting the set which boots endurance and provides DR after using overload as a dps assassin).

December's patch will not address the loot table set distribution where some class / disciplines have easy to obtain sets which are available on vendors and / or heavily weighted to drop in weekly reward boxes while others have difficult to obtain sets that are not on vendors, only available through crafting with randomly available schematic, or are set as random drops in narrowly specific content (e.g. new FP / new Op).

December's patch will NOT address pre-75 drops, which seem to be heavily weighted to left side slots, and further weighted towards tank stat versions.

And of course for those who have not been here a while - December's patch is certainly not going to change the chance of getting junk itemization and junk modifications (e.g. high endurance mods, stats you don't want / need on enhancements, etc).

TrixxieTriss
12.03.2019 , 12:01 AM | #57
https://imgur.com/gallery/rk0gcJ3

Here is demonstration from today of how the iRated system isn’t working as you described it should.

Battle of Rishi

Sniper

IRated 306, as you can see from the picture.

The drops from the 3 bosses consisted of 290, 292, 296, 298, 300 & the highest 302.

Each line on gear going down in the collage picture is 290 to 302 respectively. As you can see, I got the most of 292 and 298 gear.

I did not get one 304 or 306 iRated piece. And 290?? You can’t tell me that it’s not broken or working as intended.

Void_Singer
12.03.2019 , 04:01 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
Putting on my prognostication hat...
you optimist you = D
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.

TrixxieTriss
12.03.2019 , 10:42 PM | #59
Another week and another bad conquest drop (as if it’s not hard enough for small guilds as it is)

Arsenal Merc (dps)

Toggled loot is Arsenal Merc

Tech medic’s gauntlets (this is healing specific)

Conquest crate

Edit: posted this one for my wife

TrixxieTriss
12.03.2019 , 11:13 PM | #60
Second Merc today with non useful conquest drop. This one is even worse because it’s a generator

Arsenal Merc

Toggled to Arsenal (not that it makes any difference)

Onderonian Boltblaster’s Generator (which a Merc can’t even use )

Conquest crate

Come on guys, this is getting ridiculous. Conquest is tough for some small guilds and it’s a lot of hard work. So when all your hard work is for naught because of this bugged system, it makes you want to stop playing altogether.

I think we’ve been patient enough. It took 5 weeks for you to even acknowledge this was a bug and now you’ve gone quiet again.
Can we please have an update on the time frame for it to be fixed?