Building my new PC. How well will it run?

HileyQuiggley

So after many years with my A8-3800 with GTX 730 GPU I am building my own PC. I have ordered the following:

MSI B450 Tomahawk Max mobo

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

MSI GeForce GTX 1050 ti 4gb

Corsair CX 550w ps

Samsung 500gb 970 evo SSD

Corsair Vengeance 16gb 3200MHz DDR4

Phanteks P400 ATX mid term w/tempered glass

Some other little pieces but yeah. I currently run on the very minimum settings possible and have never ran on high settings. I can't even join WZs without dropping to single digit fps. I know this setup isn't top tier but I'm under $800 for everything I got. Hoping for a much better experience.

I have a Ryzen 5 1600 paired with a 1070Ti and the game runs flawlessly at maxed settings and the 3rd gen Ryzen are supposed to be better than the first gen ones for single/low core programs so you should be getting a good experience with SWTOR on that system

I sure hope so. I know it can't get any worse unless I mess something up on my first build attempt. I remember when the game first came out my system then could run everything on low settings but I still had good fps. Now its just unplayable, I can do FP's on the desktop but have to jump on my i5 laptop for WZs and its still not for gaming. I don't game a whole lot on computer but figured I needed an upgrade anyway.

I sure hope so.

I can guarantee you will experience much better performance with the new system. 😍

The AMD may not be quite as fast as the best Intel CPUs, but it's close enough and much less expensive. (SWTOR is very CPU intensive - the CPU is the main FPS limiter in SWTOR)

You will still get big fps drops in PvP and OPs, but it should still be very playable.