Strongholds Need Some Serious Dev Attention

I love that idea, they do have a fountain that goes on a wall though (can't remember which one), but with the new walls, etc, you'd be able to make a walk in shower type of thing. Might have to try that out :)

I used a Rakata Stasis Chamber with a carefully positioned Waterfall.

I'd love a Z-axis but even more than that, I'd love a Scale slider.

Edited by Xina_LA

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With 2019 coming to an end and a livestream around the corner, I am bumping this thread because every issue in it is still relevant.

We have seen a huge amount of new decos being designed and sold on the CM this year. This tells me very clearly that decos are extremely profitable. Which tells me the devs know that Strongholds are a low investment, easy, and reliable way to make money.

Which makes the complete radio silence on any and all significant Strongholds issues - QoL, Development, Bugs, all of it - all the more egregious.

In my opinion, every issue I called out in my original post still needs to be urgently addressed. More than a year later, I still can't unlock Rishi because of the cap and I know for a fact I'm not alone in that; even if I'm in a small minority, the next SH released is going to push others to this point. We still can't get large decos to the edge of the hook. We still can't access decos we paid money for because new decos have been carelessly (and repeatedly) released to production with names that overwrite previous existing decos. We still don't have utility decos for Grade 7 and above mats. New decos are still being released scaled totally wrong. Sound effects on decos are broken all over the place. And a myriad of other deco bugs that have long been reported and never addressed.

Strongholds must be making the game money or design resources wouldn't be continually devoted to new decos development. If Stronghold enthusiasts are worth exploiting on the CM, then surely we're worth a woefully, shamefully overdue Quality of Life pass.

At minimum I would plead with the devs to please just break the radio silence on some of these questions. Let us know that any of this is even on your radar. I can only hope it is.

My spirits have been very low, and my purchases of decos have crawled to a halt, for all of the reasons mentioned in this thread, but I still love Strongholds and I would love a reason to be optimistic again. I would be the first to hop on a PTS or participate in a feedback program of any kind to help Strongholds along, just like we were able to do with the Rishi SH. I know I'm not the only one. You've got a devoted and vocal community of SH enthusiasts who have put in a lot of mileage on these forums, please take advantage!

Wholeheartedly agree! It's infuriating! Every area of the game seems to be on a steady rotation of tweaks and adjustments except for strongholds. I seriously would like to see an entire update devoted to fix everything wrong. Not just a lil brush by, I mean a nice thorough pass over of hooks, placements, objects, inconsistencies, qol and bugs. There are so many threads and posts with recommendations made by the community in the Stronghold section explaining in full detail what needs to be done. STRONGHOLDS NEEDS SOME LOVE!!

...and while we're at it, can we please get a forum icon already?

1. Increase the X/Y axes on decorations.

Agreed, this goes together with poor hook placement which makes it even more necessary.

2. Guild flagships desperately need to have their HOOK CAP RAISED.
I personally don't care so much about this but I certainly wouldn't mind. Also poor hook placement is my biggest issue here.

3. Guilds need to be permitted to unlock more than one ground stronghold.
Although I'm not an RP'er myself, I think this particularly will be helpful to RP guilds. They lost their servers and there are no RP instances so I think this would be a great gesture towards the RP community. Lord knows they can use one.

4. Individual players need to be permitted to buy duplicate copies of a stronghold
Agreed. I have 10 slots but not using them all. I would like it particularly for the neutral locations like Tatooine and Nar Shaddaa etc. so I can make faction specific versions of each.

5. Address the stronghold cap.
The cap is not an arbitrary one. It used to be lower like 4 at the beginning I think and it is a strain on server performance. The last server merge introduced new hardware that was apparently able to handle more to accomodate the server merges where a lot of people had a couple of servers to merge. I would like a higher cap at some point for reasons I mentioned in the previous point. As far as Rishi is concerned, I don't have it cause I don't like it at all. But if I had liked it I would have gotten it. Apparently soon we will have a new one (Alderaan). This might be a good moment to talk about the cap perhaps.

6. The strongholds assets and development team needs to be sat down and talked to seriously about ways to dramatically improve the decorating experience, in terms of decorations themselves and especially hook placement.
Yeah. I don't know at what point the map designers think about the layout of the rooms and hook placements therein. I get so frikkin annoyed when they have 4 similar locations and put hooks in 3 of them but not the fourth. The lack of symmetry is also exasperating because from my point of view it's better to start with symmetry and then be able to play around with it. I now have to move heaven and earth to come up with symmetry patterns where I need them but hook placement just doesn't allow it. Yavin is a big offender of that.

Also which type of hook is placed where is annoyingly random and unhelpful. So many places where they place lots of small green hooks that you cannot convert to the thin medium size.

I would like to add my personal point 7.

7 - Add more decorations in game. The craftable decorations or from reputation vendors have very limited variations and have nothing added to them since release. I like that they added decorations to new content like the newer FPs but beyond that I cannot do enough with crafting.

Another issue which is linked to variation is that there are certain basics that you use in every SH. For example wall cloths (banners), floor carpets and lights. Take for example luxury carpets. We have them craftable in blue and behind a certificate wall for red. That by itself is problematic...but what about a white, green, black etc. version?

And take for example the Imperial Banner. Looks great but it gets a bit funny to add Imperial logo's all over the place. Why not have a version that is without logo and again in a variety of colours.

Same with lights. What I'm asking is variants of the same items in different colours.

I get that the CM is about getting special items that have a specific look and feel but I think that in game at least there should be a aollection of good quality items that come in a variety of colours. This will help people who have lots of SHs but also people who are new to SHs and those who don't have the ability to throw entire paychecks and the CM decorations.

Strongholds could be a great and fun experience, but it's too frustrating and limiting at the moment and it's an expensive hobby, especially if you don't want to use the exact same decorations in multiple SHs.

As a sidenote: It's the holiday season and I don't know why we don't have a Hoth SH yet where we can decorate our own holiday home. We also barely have any snow and holiday related decorations for that matter. A missed opportunity and a great addition for any guild that wants to celebrate the holiday season with their guild in one of their multiple guild SHs.

So please BW read this thread and do something with this. It's something I could enjoy a lot more than I do at the moment and the reason I don't enjoy it as much is because of the stuff we are discussing here.

Edited by Tsillah

Apparently soon we will have a new one (Alderaan). This might be a good moment to talk about the cap perhaps.

My aforementioned lack of enthusiasm has actually kept me from logging into the game for a while, so I hadn't realized a new Stronghold was indeed being teased. I'll try to join in on the livestream and get some questions in, but that's always hard to do in the middle of a work day.

The fact that it seems a new Stronghold is around the corner makes all of these points all the more urgent, and that includes the stronghold cap for sure. (And the X/Y axes? Please? We've only been asking about that for about five years.)

Alderaan will be another SH I can't acquire without sacrificing 12 SHs, many of them fully and painstakingly decorated. Not everyone will be in that exact position but the likelihood is certainly increased that more people will now have to sacrifice one or two if the cap remains in place. With it proven that the game can support up to 35 SHs on one account, including duplicates, this cap is just brutally punitive to anyone who got to keep their SHs during the merge. I understand that hard caps need to exist, but what is the actual cap versus an arbitrary one? (Or, as seems most likely, an ancient hold-over legacy cap from well before the merges that is no longer relevant but just hasn't been revisited.)

Having learned firsthand how awesome it's been to have duplicate stronghold copies after the merge, and how it's allowed me to invest so much more time in decorating, I honestly do think that the option to buy duplicate strongholds is just as important as the cap. But of course, if that option is created, then the cap becomes exponentially more relevant. In the meantime, until that option exists, what's the harm increasing the SH cap to 37? That would mean the extremely rare person who was on the five-into-one server merge and kept all their SH copies gets to buy one Rishi and one Alderaan, and wouldn't in fact affect anyone else at all because they wouldn't be able to buy more than ten anyway. (Mind you I think it's far preferable to enable duplicates and address the SH cap in a more serious and thoughtful way.)

If nothing else I like to think that the whole "if you let people unlock more SHs they'll want to buy and acquire more decos to put in them" argument would get more traction. They designed a system (1-to-1 ratio on deco unlocks encouraging the farming and purchasing of duplicates) that directly incentivizes people to give the game more time and money in order to fully engage with the decorating system, but then they severely limit our ability to buy more canvases on which to paint. :confused: If we're only going to get a new SH every 1-2 years, but we're going to get new decos every 2-4 weeks, someone seriously needs to do the math and realize that letting us have duplicates closes the gap on that imbalance.

It would be nice to just know that any of these extremely long standing and very significant Strongholds concerns are even being heard. A word from the devs would go a long way.

I was feeling optimistic when they upped the limit on the new flashpoint decos from 1 to 999, but then I noticed the Umbaran and Nathema decos are still limited to 1. Why couldn't they have done a pass and upped the limits on all of the decos that have arbitrarily low limits? How much time would that have taken when they were already poking around in those databases?

As much as I love some of those proposed stronghold upgrades (especially the X/Y axis increase), we really need some bug fixes first.

The new traffic noise on Coruscant is unbearable. So is the pervasive engine noise in guild flagships. The Manaan train is also very loud indoors.

(And why is the Manaan train loud? There are no train tracks, so why is there a train track sound? It's a HOVER -train!)

Decos make noises now that didn't used to, plus new decos are noisy. Some of them have sound FX that don't even make sense (crystals shouldn't buzz or beep). If you are unlucky, you can end up with half a dozen (or more) deocs in your room that are all buzzing, beeping, chirping, humming, clicking.... and the sound volume is cumulative. Try putting several Mek-Sha holo-signs in one room.

(Why are they adding new sound FX to existing decos when there are bugs that need fixing?)

There are half a dozen rooms on guild flagships where most rugs won't appear in the hooks. The same is true with certain hooks in the Rishi stronghold.

There are still a dozen hooks (or more) on Nar Shaddaa where you can't use a jukebox or other sound-generating decoration. They end up on a three second fade-in/fade-out loop.

They keep adding decorations with duplicate names, blocking our ability to use (or Purchase For Guild) several decos, including ones that cost Cartel Coins.

Existing decos picked up some bugs, like the opaque water of the aquarium decos.

And there are new decorations with glitches, such as Onderon Grove with it's floating branches and fronds.

If they'd talk about upcoming fixes as well as a new stronghold, I would be very grateful and encouraged to put more time and money into the game.

• 1 month later...
At this point I'd just be happy if they'd change the "Every comp decor must be a holo" nonsense. It was stupid when first implemented and it's even dumber now. Many of us have like 40+ companions on multiple characters, so the idea that the ONLY way we can use them as decors is everyone else sees these ugly holos all over the place makes zero sense. Oh wait, that's right--by forcing them to be ugly holos it drives personnel decor sales...

Having learned firsthand how awesome it's been to have duplicate stronghold copies after the merge, and how it's allowed me to invest so much more time in decorating, I honestly do think that the option to buy duplicate strongholds is just as important as the cap.

I feel like those of us who are already over the stronghold cap are in a small minority, and not too many more people would want more than one SH of any type, so for BW to raise the cap would be dedicating dev time to a fairly thin sliver of the player base. For this reason, I've refrained from commenting on your suggestion until now, because I've felt that BW will never implement it. But after seeing BW follow a different suggestion recently that I never expected them to heed, I guess we just have to keep advocating for what matters to us, regardless of how likely we think BW is to do as we ask. So I will agree, it would be really nice for the SH cap to be raised and for people to be allowed to buy more than one SH of any type. I personally did the opposite of you and deactivated nearly all my duplicates so I could buy new SHs (I now just have one extra copy each of Coruscant and DK), and it'd be nice if I could get back some of what I abandoned, or even just not have to deactivate one of my remaining spares to acquire Alderaan.

At this point I'd just be happy if they'd change the "Every comp decor must be a holo" nonsense. It was stupid when first implemented and it's even dumber now. Many of us have like 40+ companions on multiple characters, so the idea that the ONLY way we can use them as decors is everyone else sees these ugly holos all over the place makes zero sense. Oh wait, that's right--by forcing them to be ugly holos it drives personnel decor sales...

This would be nice. I know some people like to use them as holos, though, so it'd be cool if we had a few options. We should have a personal version of companion, wearing any equipped gear and/or customizations, only placeable and viewable by characters who currently have that companion available, as we do currently, except that when we are logged in with a char that doesn't have that comp (or just completely offline) the decoration should display as a standard non-holo version of the companion, wearing their starter gear and with no customizations. Additionally, we could have a separate holo version of each companion, again wearing gear and customizations if applicable and otherwise with a standard look.

Edited by Estelindis

I'd be happy if they fix the now unbearable ambient noise in the Coruscant stronghold they introduced in 6.0. That and the now dirty fish tanks decorations (large aquarium, laa scalefish etc) they seem to think we wanted (also introduced in 6.0). While I'm at it, the crystal container decorations (Ossus) should not be allowed on small hooks as once they're down, they can't be moved or picked up without picking up the entire stronghold. For the rest of my stronghold moans see the PTS thread, my signature and this thread.

We should have a personal version of companion, wearing any equipped gear and/or customizations, only placeable and viewable by characters who currently have that companion available, as we do currently, except that when we are logged in with a char that doesn't have that comp (or just completely offline) the decoration should display as a standard non-holo version of the companion, wearing their starter gear and with no customizations. Additionally, we could have a separate holo version of each companion, again wearing gear and customizations if applicable and otherwise with a standard look.

As far as I know, every player has all the textures and body models to show any companion and armor. I've never understood why companions that a "viewer" or "visitor" doesn't have should show up as a holo. (But there could be technical reasons.)

For that reason, I think that any visitor to a stronghold should see companions with the armor, etc, that the owner put on them. A great example would be if you put a companion in the Spa barefoot, wearing shorts, it would look rather odd if the visitor sees that companion wearing some sort of Commando armor, or whatever, standing in the water. 😋

I feel like those of us who are already over the stronghold cap are in a small minority, and not too many more people would want more than one SH of any type, so for BW to raise the cap would be dedicating dev time to a fairly thin sliver of the player base.

I agree with everything else you said (which I'll quote in a moment), but do have to say that my experience has been different from yours on this particular point. Every decorator I know personally (I can count five I've talked to about this) has expressed a desire for duplicate strongholds. Granted, all of those people are RP coordinators also so I'm sure part of what is going into that desire is wanting to be able to make more RP stages, but the RP community is a demographic that also could use more attention so it's a valid point of view.

Further, though, I've seen folks (who I don't talk do outside of the forums) more than once post in support of the option to buy duplicate strongholds on the forums over the years. I've been advocating for the ability to buy duplicate strongholds on the forums even since before the merge, so digging up all the threads would be painful, but I do know I've seen other folks say they'd like this option, to allow them more decorating opportunities.

All of that being said, I don't dispute that it may be a minority who are thinking about this now, but I'm willing to bet that if the option were available to them then people who hadn't thought of it previously would be inspired to want to use it. Right now, the release of new decos far outpaces the release of new Strongholds, and that will likely always be the case. If they were to work to implement the ability for us to buy unlocks over the soft cap and buy duplicates, they'd be addressing a minority for whom this really is an issue as well as creating an opportunity for more revenue from people who might be inspired by the opportunity. I guess I've just always felt it was a win-win for them, even if right now the only people actively losing are a minority.

For this reason, I've refrained from commenting on your suggestion until now, because I've felt that BW will never implement it. But after seeing BW follow a different suggestion recently that I never expected them to heed, I guess we just have to keep advocating for what matters to us, regardless of how likely we think BW is to do as we ask.

I've had that same experience, being surprised by seeing some suggestions that they take and run with. (And conversely utterly baffled and frustrated to see the sometimes much simpler low-hanging-fruit suggestions and complaints that are ignored.) But ultimately I couldn't agree more with the idea that we just have to keep advocating for what matters to us. I think that's one of the best things the forums are for. Chances are that even some of the more fringe suggestions and requests still have more support than just the lone voice who might be posting it on the forums; forum posters are a tiny minority of the game population, so it's never a bad idea to assume that there might be others out there who share the same concern or want. And hey, if we don't advocate, the devs might never hear it! As long as we're being mostly constructive and advocating in good faith, the hope is always that it will do some good, and certainly it can't do much harm.

This would be nice. I know some people like to use them as holos, though, so it'd be cool if we had a few options. We should have a personal version of companion, wearing any equipped gear and/or customizations, only placeable and viewable by characters who currently have that companion available, as we do currently, except that when we are logged in with a char that doesn't have that comp (or just completely offline) the decoration should display as a standard non-holo version of the companion, wearing their starter gear and with no customizations. Additionally, we could have a separate holo version of each companion, again wearing gear and customizations if applicable and otherwise with a standard look.

I would love all of the above. I sometimes use companions as holos too, but would really really love the ability to have them appear in the outfit I put them in for other people to see them that way. (I have Master Ranos in a Chiss uniform in a Chiss-themed stronghold, but when I'm hosting RP there I have to be sure that 100% of my characterse have Ranos dressed exactly the same way or it does me no good.) My guess would be that this is probably entangled in some much more fundamental and messy coding issue that could make this a really hard task (such as companions when placed as decos still pulling straight from the same table that the data of your active companion is, hence it only showing what that current character did with them), but in the spirit of what I just said earlier in this post I think it's important to still ask! We never know, maybe it's not that hard, and it's just that they haven't been hit over the head with the request often enough yet. :D

Honestly, at this point, when it comes to anything companion/personnel related, I'd just be so grateful if they let us TURN OFF THE VENDOR ICON, as people have asked for ad nauseum. I can't sufficiently say how totally scene breaking that thing is. My Jawa scrap yard looks like a nightclub now. :(

I'd be happy if they fix the now unbearable ambient noise in the Coruscant stronghold they introduced in 6.0. That and the now dirty fish tanks decorations (large aquarium, laa scalefish etc) they seem to think we wanted (also introduced in 6.0).

Ugh, yes please!. And all of the light deco lighting effects double please!

While I'm at it, the crystal container decorations (Ossus) should not be allowed on small hooks as once they're down, they can't be moved or picked up without picking up the entire stronghold.

You may be having a display issue or just need to angle your camera differently, as I have no trouble picking the crystal container decos up off of Small hooks. Here's a screencap to show that you can still see and access the Small hook. Right under the base of the crystal container, you can see the green edge/side of the Small hook, and it's more than enough to get your cursor on (unfortunately screencaps don't capture the cursor, which I had on it to show that the cursor does snag it). Hope that helps!

I use the crystal container decos in some complex melded-decos arrangements that would be impossible if they couldn't fit on Small hooks, so in this case I would self-interestedly argue for this not to be changed. :)

And yet, as far as i know, they didn't even ackowledge the Coruscant stronghold noise bug. So don't expect anything.

C'mon now, be fair. Most of the bugs they fix don't get an announcement, and they stealth-patch deco and SH bugs now and then with no mention in the patch notes. It might be fixed in February. If you want to help that process along, file a Bug report in-game or in the Bugs forum.

We do have a critical need of sound FX fixes in Coruscant and guild flagships. Those bugs are over-the-top obnoxious. We do need the deco limit raised in flagships, potentially other strongholds as well, if we're going to avoid big empty spaces. It may not happen soon, but I believe it will happen.

Edited by Xina_LA

It may not happen soon, but I believe it will happen.

Just like they fixed the chapter 9 Lana romance bug? (Hint: they didn't) I won't even get into all the other bugs Bioware never fixed in this game.

And while i scrapped my Coruscant stronghold because of this damn sound bug, i am still waiting for an Odessen stronghold. C'mon Bioware, just do it!

You may be having a display issue or just need to angle your camera differently, as I have no trouble picking the crystal container decos up off of Small hooks. Here's a screencap to show that you can still see and access the Small hook. Right under the base of the crystal container, you can see the green edge/side of the Small hook, and it's more than enough to get your cursor on (unfortunately screencaps don't capture the cursor, which I had on it to show that the cursor does snag it). Hope that helps!

I use the crystal container decos in some complex melded-decos arrangements that would be impossible if they couldn't fit on Small hooks, so in this case I would self-interestedly argue for this not to be changed. :)

I'm still having trouble in some strongholds picking up crystals, mostly the indoor ones like Nar Shadaa. That angle is okay in the outdoor ones though. Maybe it is a little ott to ask for them to change the hook size for them however, making it a little easier to rearrange and pick them up rather than piss about with camera angles would be a huge help.

I'm interested in seeing how you've arranged them - do you have image links?

before strongholds need attention from the developers i agree with some that the buggs in the game need first attention before all other things.

so long there do notting to fix the bugs in the game what there most do is attention giving to other things like strongholds more a second thing after there have fix the bugs.

Great thread. Bumping for all the good suggestions.

Some changes I'd love to see...

- Companions no longer displaying as holos when entering that Stronghold on alt, or at the very least an option for the character owning the Stronghold to determine whether their comps display in the flesh or as holos.

- The maximum deco count for a Stronghold at least matching the number of hooks. Perhaps not a problem with some of the larger Strongholds, but it can be in some of the smaller ones like Nar Shaddaa or Dromund Kaas. I have some Strongholds I'd like to decorate further but cannot without removing placed decos, despite having open hooks, because of an arbitrary limit.

- Raising the count of companion, vendor, or personnel decos that can be placed. NPCs bring Strongholds to life and make them feel like real places in the Star Wars galaxy. Arguably they're the most important decos, so an ability to place more than we can currently would be great.

- Jukeboxes looping the music they play instead of powering down after every song. If looping music was introduced to those decos, also introduce an ability to shut off the jukebox by interacting with it a second time.

- The platform in Nar Shaddaa that is disconnected from the rest of the Stronghold having some connection to the rest of the Stronghold. If not a bridge or something of that nature, at least the addition of a speeder hook that travels between the two sections similar to the speeders on Tatooine. As it is that platform can only be accessed by making a jump while on a speeder or rocket boost, and you can't return to the main section short of dying or using stuck or phasewalk... which is a bit odd. That section feels like more was planned for it but it was unfinished. Most people use that bit for a player ship deco, but it isn't very immersive when there is no way visible way for characters to access the rest of the Stronghold once leaving their ship.

- Allow all decorations from the Cartel Market to be donated to guilds. Most of them can currently but there are a few of them that still cannot be donated to guilds once you unlock them. One of them off the top of my head is the Scorpion TK Weapon Rack.

- Vendor decos no longer displaying a flashing vendor icon above their head. It kills immersion. At the very least there should be an option in settings to disable the icons in Settings, similar to the ability to disable nameplates on NPCs.

- The introduction of NPC decos that are interacting with "furniture" or in poses where they can be placed by players in ways that they can interact with other decos. In the game there are plenty of NPCs for example that are leaning on bars or counters, sitting in chairs including some that are cleaning weapons, bartenders wiping down the bar counter, Imp or Rep engineers fixing some piece of technology, ect. Some of those for Strongholds would be great, whether in poses where they're placed by a player to interact with other decos or as part of an arrangement where the NPCs are permanently attached to the furniture and part of the set.

-Increasing the drop rate of some Cartel Market decorations so that there are more in circulation. Maybe new packs should also contain some extra bronze and silver decorations that were introduced with older packs.

before strongholds need attention from the developers i agree with some that the buggs in the game need first attention before all other things.

so long there do notting to fix the bugs in the game what there most do is attention giving to other things like strongholds more a second thing after there have fix the bugs.

I can understand why you want bugs to be prioritized, but there is a fatal flaw in that argument. Namely that there will always be bugs. Even as old bugs are patched out new ones will be introduced as new content is added to the game. If Bioware operated by your suggestion that Strongholds not be touched until the game is bug free, Strongholds would never receive any attention. Imagine if Bioware applied that policy to PVP, or PVE, or GSF. You'd get no content.

I can understand why you want bugs to be prioritized, but there is a fatal flaw in that argument. Namely that there will always be bugs. Even as old bugs are patched out new ones will be introduced as new content is added to the game. If Bioware operated by your suggestion that Strongholds not be touched until the game is bug free, Strongholds would never receive any attention. Imagine if Bioware applied that policy to PVP, or PVE, or GSF. You'd get no content.

a bugg free game is not becoming real.

but what i like to see first before there give the stronghold some attention is that there gone fix a lot off the bugs that are in the game and when a lot off the bugs have been dealt with then strongholds can have some attention but first a lot off bugs needs to be fix.

you know also that some type off the bugs like quest's bug's are still not fix and that grafic bugs are also not fun any more.

tomorow there is a Maintenance again and like other Maintenance's before there notting fixing bugs that have been report.

and there are a lot off bugs that have been report years ago and there are still not fix.

then are things like strongholds attention not a big off deal in the first place same as new expensions for a lot off players any more.

what there wane see is that bioware is fixing the problems in the game then only adding new things in the game.

you understand also at some point things like this need to come later before inportent things are been done and what most off the comunnety is asking the developers is to fix the damm bugs in the game that need to be dealt with.

I can understand why you want bugs to be prioritized, but there is a fatal flaw in that argument. Namely that there will always be bugs.

True, but some of the bugs are not small or avoidable.

Like the ridiculously loud traffic noise on Coruscant, the pervasive loud engine noise on the guild flagships, the overwhelming red "accent" lighting on Imperial flagships, the total lack of lighting on Republic flagships, and so forth.

Sure, I may have to click back and forth between different hook sizes when an item won't appear in the UI, and I may have to jigger with the Search box so it figures out it's empty, but nothing fixes the stuff listed above. No work arounds. Plus, it's quite alarming when old strongholds pick up new bugs, in addition to new SH bugs.

Edited by Xina_LA

True, but some of the bugs are not small or avoidable.

Like the ridiculously loud traffic noise on Coruscant, the pervasive loud engine noise on the guild flagships, the overwhelming red "accent" lighting on Imperial flagships, the total lack of lighting on Republic flagships, and so forth.

Sure, I may have to click back and forth between different hook sizes when an item won't appear in the UI, and I may have to jigger with the Search box so it figures out it's empty, but nothing fixes the stuff listed above. No work arounds. Plus, it's quite alarming when old strongholds pick up new bugs, in addition to new SH bugs.

I think you've missed the point I was making.

The person I was responding to does not want Bioware to do anything at all with Strongholds until some bugs are fixed in other areas of the game.

Obviously anything that is game-breaking needs to be prioritized above all else but development shouldn't stop on new content (including Strongholds) just because there are some minor bugs in existence that aren't game breaking.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

I think you've missed the point I was making.

The person I was responding to does not want Bioware to do anything at all with Strongholds until some bugs are fixed in other areas of the game.

Obviously anything that is game-breaking needs to be prioritized above all else but development shouldn't stop on new content (including Strongholds) just because there are some minor bugs in existence that aren't game breaking.

are this type buggs not game breaking bugs then?

that players report still after many years that some off the missions on some planets still not get fix and are still broken is that not inportent then give strongholds attention.

players getting mad if bioware is not gone fix the missions bugs that have been report for years and still there do notting to fix it.

i not know about you but there is a long long list off bugs there need to fix still and with each new update there come more and more bugs will come and the list only gets longer.

read this 2 theads about how mad players are on bioware that there not fixing bugs in the game.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=973842

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=974459

• 10 months later...

I have to agree with the OP. I adore strongholds, I have spent an ungodly amount of credits (and cartel coins, if I am to be honest) on decorations, strongholds, and stronghold expansions. I'm actively working on making a guild consisting of a 'main' and enough alts to allow me to form my own guild and gain a flagship expressly so I can decorate it.

Strongholds and decorations are honestly the endgame for me.

However, there aren't enough hooks. My Yavin IV stronghold is something I have been working on for years at this point, tweaking it as I unlock new decorations and new ones come out, based entirely around being a military base for a bi-factional organization. Mandalorians, Imperial and Republic Military, Sith and Jedi training one another in a quest for balance, Eternal Alliance soldiers present in small numbers (mostly because they are still a pain to gather, given they are only purchasable from Iokath rep vendor with Power Shards) with carefully places turrets, tanks, and mounts to make it look as close to an actual military base as possible. It is only 95% done right now, because I've removed a significant amount of decos to tweak a couple of rooms, but its a massive space for only 750 decos.

I just bought alderaan, and despite having over 1000 hooks I have the feeling I will have the same problem there.

For years, I've moaned in global/trade chat over the fact that you can't save decoration 'layouts'. I can't have multiple Yavin's saved, able to switch between them at the click of a button, which means I have to spend hours drawing crude diagrams with scrap paper to figure out how to a deco would look best in a room because if I clear that room, I have to manually put all the decos back and adjust their settings to get them how they were if the change looks aweful. I'm not a programmer, but this seems more than possible as a feature.

I could keep going, but quite honestly I don't know that it will help. Instead, I will just say this: Strongholds, player housing in other words, are something that this game has that puts it far beyond other MMORPGs. WOW doesn't have any, ESO isn't all that impressive (in my opinion), and while FFXIV is fantastic, that game has HOUSES. Beautiful, with a small yard etc, but they are still just a single house. Strongholds are a great strength for SWTOR, but they can be stronger still