Worth coming back to?

Brundhila

"Worth coming back to" questions are really hard to give an answer to

Most of the people here are actively playing the game, so it's going to be a rather biased sample

If you left after launch, there is a lot more endgame than there was. Otherwise, can't really help you as this is entirely subjective.

If you are using a referral, my advise is to just play the week as much as you can and see if you want to continue.

As the title states. I loved SWTOR for its story driven content but left due to no endgame. is it worth coming back to for the new content? Thanks.

That would depend on how long ago you left.

Onslaught doesn't add much content after Ossus, for example.

However, if you left during/before Knights of the Fallen Empire, then there's a good amount of content that will keep you entertained for at least a month.

The new system appears to create a type of Warframe-esque "endgame" by getting people to grind different bonus armor sets with specific effects for certain powers. So, if you're into paying for a looter, you may enjoy that.

Depends where u are in the Story and what u are looking for.

Have u completed all the basic class stories?

I resubbed to complete the kotet/fallen stories as well as continue on to Onslaught.

Worth the monthly sub for me, one month at least.

As the title states. I loved SWTOR for its story driven content but left due to no endgame. is it worth coming back to for the new content? Thanks.

Yes, it's worth coming back to. But, I'll always say that SWTOR is a game worth coming back to. There simply isn't another game like it, regardless of whether there is new endgame content or not. The stories alone (barring the KotFE and KotET expansions) are worth it in my opinion and the fact it's Star Wars set in one of the most interesting eras of the franchise's mythos :)

Edited by Ylliarus

I'd urge you to try coming back and seeing what's what yourself. The voices of the negative can sound loud, but it doesn't mean that they're always true. There are some who consider Onslaught to have only brought bad things into the game and there are those who consider Onslaught did a lot of good for the game (barring the Crafting changes and bugs ofc). You should form your opinion on the matter yourself, I believe.

You are posting so you are back for the short term at least. Check out the new content...should take a couple hours or so, and see if you like the state of the game yourself. I returned after about a year and well....its ok nothing to drag me back but it might be for you. Try it, see it for yourself and decide. Don’t listen to either the fanboys or haters, try and see for yourself. It’s your money, spend it wisely.

Sure, but it’s short if you’ve already done Kotfe and Kotet.

Not really. Theres Iokath, the traitor arc, Under Seige and Onslaught after KoTET. A reasonable amount of content all together.

Edited by Suzsi

Based on your statement, i'd say no, SWTOR is not worth coming back to. The latest expansion is shorter than the first nine chapters of kotfe, and once its done, you are back to having no story. I'd save yourself the money, and find something else to play if story is all you do.

Story is all I do. I've had a sub now for easily 4 yrs, probably 5.

Still haven't taken a darkside char all the way through.

With 8 class stories. Multiple romances. Dark and Light. + multiple choices along the way there's plenty to see.

Edited by Suzsi

Eight Class stories that can turn into sixteen if you play them light/dark then there is eight more if you go the middle road or so other combo. So eight stories with at least three different paths.

Then there is Ilum pretty much two story lines pub/imp with dark and light choices.

Oricon is another combined with Section X is pub/imp story line.

Don't forget all the planetary story lines as well.

Then there is Makeb a very long story line for two story lines pub/imp with dark and light choices.

Prelude to Revan and Revan story lines are shorter but packed with six flashpoints and an operation at the end. One of the most challenging of the game. Again two story lines pub/imp with dark and light choices.

Revan ends with you going to the planet Ziost.

Kotfe and Kotet Two long books of story content that is broken in places due to the expansion but can keep you busy for a long time with all the side alert quests to get this companion or another. So many different choices, but still only a light dark choice.

They both end with Iokath taking a slightly different direction before the traitor story line through several new instances.

Then you have Ossus with a new event of Dantooine. Short but easily repeatable on many different toons. These lead right into the onslaught chapter as it is just as short as Ossus with the promise of more content at some future point. Hopefully in 3 to 6 months instead of longer.

Gearing is the biggest change and if you are only here for the gearing than your run to the top will be short as I was in 306 gear in less than a week from launch. Once in the fine tuning phase it slows after all your alts are geared up.

In the end it really matters where you are starting out from.

If you have not gone through all eight stories then you have a ton of content just waiting for you. If it was end game then you missed the large time period to work progression through all the operations. With only Meridian and Dxun at 75 at the moment we are back to very little in the way of BiS end game content with everything being level synced down instead of up.

As someone else suggested, it depends when you left. If you enjoy story then all the class stories are worth doing as are the Ilum, Makeb and SoR story lines. You need to be aware, however that despite all of our feedback both on the PTS and in the live game, it remains "Star Wars the Bugged Republic".

Personally, I unsubbed due to 6.0 containing a number of issues that the devs failed to listen to/act on prior to its release even though there was massive feedback on the PTS forums (rng gearing and dozens of stronghold related bugs/fails to name a couple but my unsub feedback list was much longer). Nothing so far has convinced me to resub before my time runs out on 27th.

If you don't care about class stories, class companions or class romances, KotFE and KotET are decent for the amount of content they added for story lovers. For me, as a class story lover, neither KotFE/KotET were brilliant due to the

loss of all our class companions, the implausible story in relation to our character the companion they married and the literal real life years it's taken for class companions to return (and some still aren't back)

but we are stuck with them. The "spy conspiracy" storyline that follows is little more than an irritatingly bad planet that you're forced to do if you want either

Malavai Quinn or Elara Dorn as returned or new companions

followed by a series of mini-story-via-flashpoints. Ossus and Onslaught are extremely short for story content, though Onslaught seems to be more of a "part 1" based on how it ended.

I can't say anything about grouped end-game as it doesn't interest me, however solo at level 75 is a gear grinding chore for me as an lightning inq. I'm an "altoholic" but I have zero desire to run my alts through onslaught to see how alternate choices play out.

Not really. Theres Iokath, the traitor arc, Under Seige and Onslaught after KoTET. A reasonable amount of content all together.

For me, Kotfe and Kotet include all of those because they aren’t expansions, just updates. That’s just how I look at it. But I can see how that might be different to others.