Location of Datacron decorations on planets

Akushii

I am hoping to get a listing of the different datacron locations and where people found them. I followed the guide on Dulfy on which planets have which datacron decorations, but I wasn't sure where exactly to farm. I had luck with the dark side strength datacron in the Supply Lines Heroic area.

However after farming for 1-2 hours, I had no luck finding any datacron in the Heroic area on Illum or on Belsavis.

I have also been having trouble finding the ilum datacron decoration, I was only searching in the heroic are at first but I have had others tell me that even random mobs drop it :(

I went across ilum just dispatching mobs but sadly no decoration, hopefully if someone has dropped it they can post up where abouts they did drop it for others :)

Well, a friend - who gave me one - says that (Light) Willpower datacrons drop like mad in the Alderaan Heroics, and I just got the (Dark) Strength Datacron from Chieftain Bloodgouge, doing the H4 Blood and Sand on Tatooine.

Dulfy's tor-decorating.com says various heroic mobs on the different planets, so here's hoping :D

The best chances is to do the heroic quests on the planet and pick the lockboxes to open them. For most planets on the PTS I got them after opening 1-4 lockboxes. Ilum took like 8 lockboxes maybe? and Makeb took 50+

You also get a chance at the decors on heroic missions with a champion boss etc.

Edited by Iwipe

This is where I've had the most luck for the dark datacrons. Stealth classes or AoE specs are best. (This was done on a Rage Mara)

Tatooine - H4 Blood and Sand - Just run by the mobs and kill the champ. Run out, reset and repeat. I've gotten 4 on my total of 6 kills.

Nar Shaddaa - Hunger of the Vrblthers - Kill the champs and do the mission as well. The champ you have to kill at the end of the mission has always given me one. Exit, reset mission, repeat.

Belsavis - Breakthrough - Same idea. Run to the Champ, kill him, rinse repeat.

Corellia - Prison Busting - Takes a little time, but the champ at the end has a reliable drop. Exit, rinse repeat.

Haven't tried Ilum yet. Will update as I find more reliable spots.

Edited by twotilmidnite

Just found Dark Aim Datacron in one of the daily area on Ilum (the place where you collect the boxes). Exact coordinate where I found it is (x: 567, y: -159).

Just a heads up that location is probably on good for imp players, i'm on the republic side so that area isn't any good for me :(

The Light Datacron (Strength) from Balmorra can also be easily obtained from Imperial characters by taking Project Hexapod (H2) and killing the Champion in one of the rooms.

It seems like the best way to get the Makeb datacron is to farm security chests.

That explains a few things on the GTN, haha.

Blasting through Joint Training on Hoth (Imperial side, Dorn Base, from the Chiss chap) and I got the (Light) Aim Datacron from the storage case given as a quest reward. Nothing dropped from the mobs that time round, and honestly I'm a bit lazy, so I'm only going after one of each just so I can have them for myself :p

I received the Light Datacron (Presence) on Taris doing the Republic Mission Fall of the Locust (Heroic 4). The Locust Guard Captain inside the Locust Hideout drops it.

I had this drop yesterday on Taris - and I was nowhere near that Heroic. Surprised the heck out of me.

Well I just completed the H2 mission on the Imp side and as the reward I chose the lockbox and low and behold I got the bloody Dark Datacron (Aim). So for sure it works on the Imp side still haven't had any luck on my Shadow though, but i'm going to keep trying but if it works for one side it should for the other, just have to do the daily Heroic it seems and take the lockbox, and just hope you get lucky!

Any hints/tips regarding the End-Cron on Makeb (Imp-side)?

I did the H4 two times and killed all Champion mobs from the "Monsters of Makeb"-achievement at least thrice without any drop whatsoever.

Am i just being unlucky again?

Not bad luck, blame bad drop rates. Ilum and Makeb are horrible. I've been running the Ilum heroic on multiple characters (I have 18 at 50+) and have thus far received 1 Dark Aim Datacrons.

seems the drops are pretty random.

Got on alderon for guild conquest killed some random NPC creature soon after getting off the taxi and Light Willpower dropped:p

Got the second one from one the heroics on the last boss. So who knows.

I found the dark datacron willpower while farming on Belsavis (republic) up north at the main prison. :)

I found light presence while farming on Taris (Imperial) The brell settlement

And I found light aim on Hoth (republic) (forgot what Heroic it was... I know it was one of the bonus series).

Edited by belannafourtytwo