"Need" Biometric Crystal Alloy

Needing without asking is a ninja on crafting materials as far as I am concern.

Ridiculous; if you and another person need it, then you both click 'need' and let the dice decide.

Nobody needs your permission to Need an item, and you don't owe anyone an explanation.

If this was not true, the Need and Greed mechanics would not be in the game.

On the other hand I know how touchy people can get. I once Needed a pair of Columi boots after taking a 2 month break from the game and didnt realise I already had a pair. Someone in my party did realise and said I was a ninja. I was affected by his rage: all I'd done was click Need - he also has a Need button. What's the problem?

Sometimes mistakes happen.

Edited by Ycoga

Ridiculous; if you and another person need it, then you both click 'need' and let the dice decide.

Nobody needs your permission to Need an item, and you don't owe anyone an explanation.

Where did I say that I needed a explanation. A simple "can I need" is all I need to say yes (and I will hit pass). Also guess you missed the part where I wrote "as far as I am concern." I never wrote anywhere were my opinion is Law, it is merely my opinion and I stand by it. I always greed and I have put over 15 in our guild bank (that includes FP and Ops) over the past 2 weeks, so I find it hard to believe people have trouble getting them.

I'd say need is for when you are needing to crafting something to better yourself or other guildies, and Greed if you plan to sell what you make, Unless your the only one with max 400 skill...then need it up :D

BUT as always when in doubt ask the group!

*and technically i guess i shouldn't reply as my highest is 47, but i consider what i said to be true enough. :D

Bout sums it up. But if you DO need to craft something, go ahead and need it. Most of us have a billion of these things and nothing to use them on, nor do they sell for anything.

• 3 weeks later...

Crafting mats in PuG's I always need on.. Simply because I can't be sure everyone will follow some arbitrary unwritten rule.. Whence, same chance for everyone if everyone rolls Need..

Armor/weapon drops though.. Not for companions unless you ask first.. That's pretty standard..

What they should do is make choosing the Need option bind it to the character. IE, it would only be able to turn around and sell it on the GTN if you selected greed and won it that way.

Also, having some convention where, even though nearly everyone needs something but youre all supposed to hit greed anyway .. thats just retarded.

If you need it, hit need. If someone wants to have a hissy fit because they want everyone to roll greed (because it makes them feel better?) then they need to grow up.

It is quite funny part... I started on Frostclaw server and then transferred to Nightmare Lands and then we all finished on The Red Eclipse. I mention it because on each of the servers some unwritten rules were established then they conflicted after each transition and then again. So now you get 1/3 ppl greeding, 1/3 ppl needing, 1/3 ppl passing because they always did that according to the 'rules'.

In result I switched from Greed to Need on crafting mats and think of it no more, when I see others needing the crafting material half second after it drops I do not even trouble to ask if I may need on it too.

It is quite funny to see ppl in GF SM Ops needing on everything - green drops, BoP schematics for each Crew Skill, Tokens for each class. I understand that in leveling flashpoints this happens because roliing code of conduct is not knowledge new player is born with but in Operation?

Edited by BogyOne

I think whenever you can actually use it (i.e. 400 Biochem) you can "need" else its "greed"

It is quite funny part... I started on Frostclaw server and then transferred to Nightmare Lands and then we all finished on The Red Eclipse. I mention it because on each of the servers some unwritten rules were established then they conflicted after each transition and then again. So now you get 1/3 ppl greeding, 1/3 ppl needing, 1/3 ppl passing because they always did that according to the 'rules'.

In result I switched from Greed to Need on crafting mats and think of it no more, when I see others needing the crafting material half second after it drops I do not even trouble to ask if I may need on it too.

It is quite funny to see ppl in GF SM Ops needing on everything - green drops, BoP schematics for each Crew Skill, Tokens for each class. I understand that in leveling flashpoints this happens because roliing code of conduct is not knowledge new player is born with but in Operation?

I think its pretty much a matter of reason. Why would I need on a schematic/mats of a Crew Skill I dont have? Doesn´t make any sense to me..

Edited by Sithcreep

What they should do is make choosing the Need option bind it to the character. IE, it would only be able to turn around and sell it on the GTN if you selected greed and won it that way.

This is a really good idea, actually.

If your in a pug hit need to heck with what everyone else thinks, different if your with guildies. If you gotta pug then obviously you don't have anyone to que with as a group. So basically your in it for you so hit need your an idiot if you don't.

If your in a pug hit need to heck with what everyone else thinks,

Hope you are a tank or healer, otherwise that wait time is going to get really long. ;)

I find it funny that people don't think people talk in a social game. You get on some peoples ignore list and you could end up on a entire guild/guilds ignore list. People do talk and I have seen threads with list of names on it.

Hope you are a tank or healer, otherwise that wait time is going to get really long. ;)

I find it funny that people don't think people talk in a social game. You get on some peoples ignore list and you could end up on a entire guild/guilds ignore list. People do talk and I have seen threads with list of names on it.

True, true.

Especially since people like that are likely to affect a pug in more ways than just loot rolls. A self-serving attitude can also show up as a general rudeness, or a lack of willingness to help someone learn a boss strategy, and sometimes even insults to other party members that are doing poorly.

However, the recent server merges resulted in a much higher population to draw from, so it will take a high amount of ignores to have a noticeable impact on someone's gameplay.

If its for your class or your crafting profession by all means "need" on it.

I dont really care what people do with stuff i cant use and i pass on anything i cant use at all.

I only use greed for compnanions. Not really a lot of rare enough drops to really care about missing something i cant come back and try again for anyway.