Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Really stupid question but how long do one-time passwords last?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Really stupid question but how long do one-time passwords last?

xXSchmedlyXx
11.21.2020 , 01:56 PM | #1
For some reason or another swtor one-time passwords take FOREVER to arrive. And sometimes they don't work, so I was wondering if and when I should just not bother waiting for it to arrive and try again. And I know ya'll are going to tell me to put a security key on. That's what this is for. I want that dancer's outfit. And no, the emails are not getting caught up in my server. I just checked. They get through. They just take a while.

LD_Little_Dragon
11.21.2020 , 02:26 PM | #2
They work for 15 minutes, so if it takes longer than that to arrive, you'll have to get a new one.

I find when the systems working, you get the password in 2 to 5 minutes. If it takes longer than that it's best to just quit and try again in a couple of hours.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

JediQuaker
11.22.2020 , 08:56 AM | #3
Everyone's e-mail system is different it seems. The few times I've needed an OTP, the mail was there by the time I opened my mail program. The problem seems to be more a matter of how long it takes the system and your ISP to process the mail, rather than how long it takes BW to send it.

The OTP is generally requested when your IP changes.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Khaleijo
11.23.2020 , 09:12 AM | #4
I know some free mail providers that limit the frequency you can check for new mails, so if you checked them just before logging into the launcher, the OTP might be delayed because your provider simply doesn't send you any new mail for X minutes after you last checked.
Freund werben, 7 Tage Probeabo: www.swtor.com/r/GJhHrY

DarkTergon
11.23.2020 , 09:25 PM | #5
A simpler solution is to get one of the authenticator programs, and a security key. You can use them from your pc, you don't even need a smart phone Keeps your account even more secure, and you get 100 cc's a month.
They are so busy being non conformists, they are actually becoming more of a conformist , than conformists are {stupid is a hard barrier}
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-E63guCro Fun SWTOR Video
Click for goodies

StockThorax
Yesterday , 08:28 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
A simpler solution is to get one of the authenticator programs, and a security key. You can use them from your pc, you don't even need a smart phone Keeps your account even more secure, and you get 100 cc's a month.
He said he was using the one time password in order to get a security key.
Quote:
This R-2 unit has a bad motivator.
My referral link.

DarkTergon
Yesterday , 03:31 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by StockThorax View Post
He said he was using the one time password in order to get a security key.
oops. missed that...lol
They are so busy being non conformists, they are actually becoming more of a conformist , than conformists are {stupid is a hard barrier}
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-E63guCro Fun SWTOR Video
Click for goodies