"Ranged" classes

Erikku

Yeah in PvE the game heavily favors ranged classes for Ops bosses. I agree that sometimes it is ridiculous how melee classes are gimped. But that's not relevant here.

As if to compensate for that, the game heavily favors melee classes in 50 PvP. The only people my Carnage mara can't jump and rip apart right away are snipers/gunslingers but even for that I have Force Camo, so I can sneak up on them.

You don't really hear this from me, in fact I've never said this before, but it really does seem like that you have a L2P issue. (But as you've said it yourself, you're only level26 or something, so I'm holding out my hope for you.)

OK, it seems to me that ranged classes have a seriously unfair unfair advantage in PVP. Too many stuns, too many cheap shots, and other ranged skills that prevent these classes from being approached, including excessive damage mitigation, etc....
Play an arsenal mercenary, then see if you still agree with those statements ;)

Seriously? Level up and experiance end game content before asking for a change that would affect us all. Remember, this is an MMO, you will lose some realism in combat, especially PvP. And as for having gear not determine your "Skill"...Remember, this is an MMO!!!!

Best reply so far lol.

Any way, to OP.

Level to 50, then come back and talk about it. This is an MMO, which traditionally has a progression of both skills and gear. If that's not what you're expecting, you're playing the wrong game.

To answer some of your other statements, Kotor 1 (or maybe earlier, it's only the first time I heard of it) introduced the Cortosis Weave. It was a strange force and lightsaber resistant material, and most non-jedi are assumed to be wearing it.

Troopers and Agents are both highly trained, and during this era that training includes vs. Force Users. I may be incorrect, but the Trooper's played by Players are suppose to be the best of the best, Akin to or even better than the ARC Troopers of the movies. If this weren't an MMO where anyone can roll a trooper, you literally see maybe 50 or so troopers actually skilled enough to best a Jedi/Sith.

Bounty Hunters are I guess assumed to be battle hardened, and the one played by the character is once again exceptional, adept at fighting force users as much as trained commandos.

The only class I have a hard time justifying via Lore is the smuggler... to which I reply "Try and kick me... see if you get that leg back."

I'm sure someone could find a justification lore wise for smugglers, but I just don't like them.

Best reply so far lol.

Any way, to OP.

Level to 50, then come back and talk about it. This is an MMO, which traditionally has a progression of both skills and gear. If that's not what you're expecting, you're playing the wrong game.

To answer some of your other statements, Kotor 1 (or maybe earlier, it's only the first time I heard of it) introduced the Cortosis Weave. It was a strange force and lightsaber resistant material, and most non-jedi are assumed to be wearing it.

Troopers and Agents are both highly trained, and during this era that training includes vs. Force Users. I may be incorrect, but the Trooper's played by Players are suppose to be the best of the best, Akin to or even better than the ARC Troopers of the movies. If this weren't an MMO where anyone can roll a trooper, you literally see maybe 50 or so troopers actually skilled enough to best a Jedi/Sith.

Bounty Hunters are I guess assumed to be battle hardened, and the one played by the character is once again exceptional, adept at fighting force users as much as trained commandos.

The only class I have a hard time justifying via Lore is the smuggler... to which I reply "Try and kick me... see if you get that leg back."

I'm sure someone could find a justification lore wise for smugglers, but I just don't like them.

Actually, Jedi Outcast 2 introduced Cortosis as far as I know. You explored Artus Prime, a planet, where they mined the crystals. You hijacked a freighter from Bespin and travelled to the Cairn Installation, a cortosis processing facility. Finally, you fought prototype Shadow Troopers on the Doomgiver and Yavin, who wore Cortosis armor, as I can remember.

If you want to justify smugglers, take a look at Atton Rand. He is a Scoundrel by any definition yet he killed countless Jedi, when he was fighting for the Sith. He said it took clever tricks like poisoning them or killing them with gas but nevertheless he was a very successful Jedi hunter because he could outsmart them.

For that matter even Han Solo shot the reborn Emperor in the back.

To the OP: General Grievous killed like half the Jedi Order. And he wasn't even Force Sensitive. It takes more than the Force to kill stuff.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

I'm not at level 50, I'm only level 26. But this frequent pattern of update gear, update gear, etc.... is old and boring. I want real skills INHERENT to the class that I play.

Relying on "the gear change" everytime I level is lame. The force should get incrementally better with each level. My "gear" should have very little to do with it.

Robe, lightsaber, I'm good because I have the almighty force. But that's not how it is... So I flag this as a bit of a detriment.

good idea, but its not implemented in this game, this is old style, grind gear ... ppl get gear just for being logged in - specially in pvp

Actually, Jedi Outcast 2 introduced Cortosis as far as I know. You explored Artus Prime, a planet, where they mined the crystals. You hijacked a freighter from Bespin and travelled to the Cairn Installation, a cortosis processing facility. Finally, you fought prototype Shadow Troopers on the Doomgiver and Yavin, who wore Cortosis armor, as I can remember.

If you want to justify smugglers, take a look at Atton Rand. He is a Scoundrel by any definition yet he killed countless Jedi, when he was fighting for the Sith. He said it took clever tricks like poisoning them or killing them with gas but nevertheless he was a very successful Jedi hunter because he could outsmart them.

For that matter even Han Solo shot the reborn Emperor in the back.

To the OP: General Grievous killed like half the Jedi Order. And he wasn't even Force Sensitive. It takes more than the Force to kill stuff.

Ah, thank you. =P If I hadn't been lazy I should have looked that up, always good to learn new things.

As for Atton Rand, was he not a specialized agent when working for the sith (with special anti-jedi training)? That puts him more as an ex-operative than a scoundrel, even if later he turned smuggler. I don't think smugglers train themselves to "shield" their minds with trivial things, nor are they taught how to murder/torture jedi/sith. I haven't finished leveling a smuggler, but I saw nothing indicating they have any form of military or combat extensive background.

That being said... I could see how anyone could be good enough to stop a Jedi... =P I still say "Go ahead, kick me and see if you get that leg back."

Also... I <3 General Grevious.

OK, it seems to me that ranged classes have a seriously unfair unfair advantage in PVP. Too many stuns, too many cheap shots, and other ranged skills that prevent these classes from being approached, including excessive damage mitigation, etc....

Are you serious?

:D