So in 1.4 do we get to put our hoods down?

CadaKai

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NiklasWB: When will you make it possible for Force-using characters to pull up/down their hoods on their robes?

Damion Schubert: This is in the works now. It won't be in Game Update 1.2, but should get done in the next major update after that. And yes, we will extend this functionality to your Force-slinging companions as well.

Source: http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-17th-2012

I'm sure Schubert regrets answering that question now. The "major update" is obviously 1.4 as the last patch was mainly features.

There is easier solutions such as adding hood down models of existing armors in game or just allow neutral synthweaver robes to be use by both sides and retain the hood down look.

I never did see the logic in having all Jedi robes with hoods up and Sith robes with a mixture.

It should have been a launch feature.

I'm sure Schubert regrets answering that question now. The "major update" is obviously 1.4 as the last patch was mainly features.

There is easier solutions such as adding hood down models of existing armors in game or just allow neutral synthweaver robes to be use by both sides and retain the hood down look.

I never did see the logic in having all Jedi robes with hoods up and Sith robes with a mixture.

It should have been a launch feature.

Agreed. If I were to guess, I would guess that they want the hood to appear on the robe regardless of whether it is up or down. All the robes in the game seem to have a model where it has the hood up or down. Getting that into the game might be a hassle.

But honestly, as a customer I'd settle for less. There are head items in the game that can remove the hood, such as the jedi consular's headgear. I do have that tiara on my jedi consular... but I hate to use it, since it sits across my character's eyebrows. Not to mention, it looks silly. So I'm forced to stick to the Jedi Initiate's Vestments.

So, I'd settle for a hood toggle that does the exact same thing like the jedi consular's headgear; removes the hood completely. That shouldn't be too hard to implement, should it? They already have the tech to remove the hoods :/ .....................

Yes, some people care - it's just another of those things that needs chipped away at until the rough edifice of SWTOR becomes the shining ziggarut we all know it's capable of being.

Trust me, the problem of the robe is not on the hood, it is down at the butt. >>> Body type 2 male Jedi in Heavy/Medium armour.

Trust me, the problem of the robe is not on the hood, it is down at the butt. >>> Body type 2 male Jedi in Heavy/Medium armour.

It's not the male, it's not the Jedi and it's not body type 2. It's all characters, of both genders, and all four body types, when wearing a cape with a belt over it. It happens to troopers too. It happens to female toons. It happens to hulking type 3 toons and curvy type 4 toons. It's just most obvious on male type 2.

And as mentioned, that at least is fixed in 1.4, according to the test server, thank the Force. Hoods are likely not, since if so, you'd probably have heard about that from the test servers too.

Edited by Quething

Unless you are a Twi'lek, you need keep your hood up and mask on!

Seriously, there needs to be a Twi'lek only fleet and only Twi'leks should be allowed to hide the head slot. The rest of y'all are too hard to look at sometimes.

We need a subsribers-only server much more than we need a twi'lek only place, me think.

Besides... wormheads aren't good for much, they should never have left Ryloth!