Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nobody wants to play with sorc/sage dpsers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Nobody wants to play with sorc/sage dpsers

BraverDre
04.11.2018 , 09:11 PM | #1
Bioware how many years should past till u finally change sorc utilities or something so that we, sorc dpsers, could be useful in NiM/Master Mode ops?!!!

chrishill
04.13.2018 , 12:51 PM | #2
I agree to a point, lightning spec is still in a bad place however we still have some good utilities corrupted barrier is a good one as far as dps goes maddness isn't all that bad in fact it's better yeah we could a few utilities. Upgrades

Romeugues
04.14.2018 , 01:59 PM | #3
It's retribution for being OP for a time during 3.X, DPS sorcs are now forever doomed to do only fluff damage.

DarthCognusSion
04.15.2018 , 12:48 PM | #4
Can you please stop complaining about issues that don't exist? Both Sorc/Sage dps specs are viable in every NiM/MM fight and GFTM HM/VM. All of these fights have been clear by multiple people. Stop spreading false information. Either learn to play the specs correctly or go play another class but the issue is with you, not with the class.

Hoppinswtor
04.15.2018 , 09:16 PM | #5
madness is really good for the current content lol. you can get to 17-18k dps going into scyva phase of izax hm

sorc just has less margin for error than all the other classes
Hoppin, The Cutest Mercenary <Death Smile>
Hoppinator/Cutest Mercenary (Merc), Hoppin (Sorc), Hopposites (Mara), Hoptimal (Sin)
Hopalicious (Jugg), Hopperative (Operative), Hoptimize (PT)

Gyronamics
04.15.2018 , 09:44 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthCognusSion View Post
Can you please stop complaining about issues that don't exist? Both Sorc/Sage dps specs are viable in every NiM/MM fight and GFTM HM/VM. All of these fights have been clear by multiple people. Stop spreading false information. Either learn to play the specs correctly or go play another class but the issue is with you, not with the class.
A bold claim.

It's possible to go through most content in game as a weak dps spec... as long as important slack is made up by the other dps.

So if I suggest the scenario of four lightning sorcs as the dps for 8m NiM TFB, you reckon that's viable?

An alternative to the word "viable" is "enjoyable".
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners

DarthCognusSion
04.16.2018 , 07:00 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
A bold claim.

It's possible to go through most content in game as a weak dps spec... as long as important slack is made up by the other dps.

So if I suggest the scenario of four lightning sorcs as the dps for 8m NiM TFB, you reckon that's viable?

An alternative to the word "viable" is "enjoyable".
No I wouldn't bring 4 sorc dps because sorc's dont have an armor debuff. That would be stupid. I never said that you could bring 4 sorc dps and clear everything. I said that sorc dps is completely capable of doing the content, which is something I and others have done. We have cleared the content while playing a sorc dps. I'm not quite sure what fight you are trying to pick here, or what exactly it is that I said to which you object, but it is a fallacy to state that you cannot bring a sorc dps to a NiM fight and clear the fight. That is what i said, and that statement holds true.

Gyronamics
04.16.2018 , 05:29 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthCognusSion View Post
No I wouldn't bring 4 sorc dps because sorc's dont have an armor debuff. That would be stupid. I never said that you could bring 4 sorc dps and clear everything. I said that sorc dps is completely capable of doing the content, which is something I and others have done. We have cleared the content while playing a sorc dps. I'm not quite sure what fight you are trying to pick here, or what exactly it is that I said to which you object, but it is a fallacy to state that you cannot bring a sorc dps to a NiM fight and clear the fight. That is what i said, and that statement holds true.
Maras and PT's can do that and none of them have an armour debuff.

The armour debuff isn't the issue.

It's about how many sorcs you can carry through the content, that's why you don't want 4 lightning sorcs in TFB NiM.

There's no fight to be had. Just be honest about it. It's all about DPS in the tightest fights and the developers do not allow all classes to be equally competitive.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners

ottffsse
04.16.2018 , 06:21 PM | #9
On TfB Nim Terror what's the difference between say a Lightning Sorc, a Gunnery Mando/Arsenal and a Marksman sniper (when Snipy for some strange reason does not just to play Virulence for slightly better MM burst on Anomalies)?
Click my referral, get free stuff:
http://www.swtor.com/r/gFbhFZ

KendraP
04.16.2018 , 06:26 PM | #10
What are we talking about here? Who brings 4 maras into a raid? Or 4 sorcs? My normal teams consists of a sent, 2 mandos, and a guardian or shadow (he plays both)

Why? Because thats what the people who play the characters want to play.