PTS on Steam missing!

damonFTW

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Yup, apologies for any confusion for our Steam users. Currently, you will not be able to access 6.2.1 on PTS. We removed PTS functionality as part of our update to direct patching on Steam. We are working to get PTS available for you as soon as possible but in this case 6.2.1 was ready faster than our Steam functionality was. We didn't want to hold up testing while we continue to work on it.

To set some expectations, it is possible that 6.2.1's PTS cycle will complete before PTS is available for Steam. You can still access PTS though if you have access to the game outside of Steam. We know this isn't ideal but as soon as we have any updates about timing we will let you know.

Thanks for understanding. We will make sure this information is updated in our PTS communications.

-eric

Hey folks,

Yup, apologies for any confusion for our Steam users. Currently, you will not be able to access 6.2.1 on PTS. We removed PTS functionality as part of our update to direct patching on Steam. We are working to get PTS available for you as soon as possible but in this case 6.2.1 was ready faster than our Steam functionality was. We didn't want to hold up testing while we continue to work on it.

To set some expectations, it is possible that 6.2.1's PTS cycle will complete before PTS is available for Steam. You can still access PTS though if you have access to the game outside of Steam. We know this isn't ideal but as soon as we have any updates about timing we will let you know.

Thanks for understanding. We will make sure this information is updated in our PTS communications.

-eric

The button was merely removed, I still have my full PTS install in the files. Can you not just readd the launcher button? It seems in the config file that the patch/download server for the pts is still correct.

Hey folks,

-eric

Well this is pretty disappointing, I was looking forward to getting it tested:( I hope you guys are able to add PTS functionality to steam before your next PTS cycle. Steam users should not be locked out of testing new content, especially overhauls like this where feedback can be vital in order to determine how effective the changes are, whether or not more changes can be made, etc.

Edited by FlameYOL

We are working to get PTS available for you as soon as possible but in this case 6.2.1 was ready faster than our Steam functionality was. We didn't want to hold up testing while we continue to work on it.

Thank you very much. This is the answer I was hoping for back when I posted my own thread about this a few weeks ago. I was just looking for a confirmation that we will eventually be able to access the PTS through Steam.

I hope BW plans to add it to Steam's built-in beta feature for games. I like how simple it is.

On a slightly related note, could you please also add the language setting back to the game launcher? You are only able to switch the language through the Steam properties, which will not save the respective files locally and therefore prompts a massive re-download every single time you do so. The move to Steam has made something worse that was working fine before that. Edited by Phazonfreak

@Eric: we appreciate the update.

One communication issue: you are posting the same update about the PTS availability on Steam without ever mentioning that the PTS is not available through Steam.

If you can, please add an addendum, that it's not available through Steam, otherwise all the players who only access the game and game news through Steam will be much confused.

Edited by Galahard