Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Agent and Smuggler Class Changes in 6.1.1 - Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Agent and Smuggler Class Changes in 6.1.1 - Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

memerobot's Avatar


memerobot
03.19.2020 , 09:15 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Beyrahl View Post
... please do fix the fact Viral Elements is hitting a main target / Single target twice by the main Lethal strike, then the AoE version. This means the tank is taking three hits when he should really be only taking two, while the main target should only be taking one. With the reset, this is currently hitting the tank 6 times if he's guarding the target of said lethal strikes.
Pretty sure its not 3 hits. Lethal strike does its damage, and tactical lets Lethal Strike become AOE while inside the Toxic Haze, which is easy to dodge (a single knockback/stun or the main target being out of range of the op is more than enough), and there's also the bonus damage it does, which pretty sure does half damage of what Lethal strike can do.

So tank is not taking 3 hits. If anything its taking the damage, in the order of something like 2 to "2,5" hits worth of damage. Ofc, it strikes hard because its internal damage, which ignores armor.

Regardless, you want to nerf the only thing Lethality is good at? Since single target damage, before 6.0, used to be higher than Conceal, which is not the case anymore tbh. And don't come with the argument "Lethality is really strong at offheal". Operative was ran over where the offheals are much weaker compared to before.

Edit: Lethal Strike is hitting hard because of how current Tactical bonus set is working. You can play around to have permanent increase 15% crit chance with permanent incrased 5% damage. The nerf on the set will be felt since we want to time it now during the buffed up time to do significant damage.

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
03.20.2020 , 12:22 PM | #22
VE nerf is right here, I think:

Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post

The Tactician set bonus has been rebalanced:
  • 4 piece - Tactical Overdrive / Hot Streak no longer resets the cooldown of Backstab / Back Blast, the critical chance increasing effect cannot occur more than once every 18 seconds (up from 10 seconds), and the critical chance it provides is 10% (down from 15%)

RIP double PBS during Bushwack. Or does TO/HS still reset PBS for ruffian -- just not for scrapper?
-Beruhl (ง︡'-'︠)ง

8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want can i borrow a stim?
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

memerobot's Avatar


memerobot
03.20.2020 , 07:03 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
RIP double PBS during Bushwack. Or does TO/HS still reset PBS for ruffian -- just not for scrapper?
Well, you get a reset on Volatile Substance/Bludgeon as Concealment / Scrapper while Lethality/Ruffian gets a reset on Lethal Strike/Point Blank Shot which is the upgraded Backstab/Back shot.

Barnonahill's Avatar


Barnonahill
03.21.2020 , 05:34 PM | #24
While the Tactician set did need an adjustment, y'all straight up massacred it. I'm honestly not sure which one got gimped harder: Tactician or Gathering Storm. Concealment is being slapped back down to 5.x, where we were irrelevant to the meta for pvp and pve. But at least AP PT is getting buffs, not like it's already THE dps spec in wzs. Guess it's time to pick up the Debilitate set and dust off my PT. At least we're not sins I guess..

EDIT:

Quote:
The Tactician set bonus has been rebalanced:
4 piece - Tactical Overdrive / Hot Streak no longer resets the cooldown of Backstab / Back Blast, the critical chance increasing effect cannot occur more than once every 18 seconds (up from 10 seconds), and the critical chance it provides is 10% (down from 15%)
While I'm not happy with the backstab change, and feel it was a pointless nerf since TA has a 3m cd, it's not my real gripe. You should have either adjusted the crit chance amount OR the frequency, not both. We're now left with a set bonus that gives us 2% mastery, 5% dmg and healing buff with a TA, an extra TA, and a mediocre crit buff. We're going to be out DPS'd by skank tanks now.

EDIT 2:

Thought about it some more, and I have something to add. Volatile Strike's guaranteed crit only lasts for 5s (not stated in the tooltip, pls add it if intentional.) It's the concealment tactical for pvp. If you increase the duration the crit is guaranteed for to 8s or 10s. It makes the adjustment to concealment a bit more bearable, even if some of the other changes are questionable.

TonyTricicolo's Avatar


TonyTricicolo
03.22.2020 , 05:08 AM | #25
Lethality-
Lethal strike and noxious knives up to 15% and toxic blast up to 10%? LOL
The authority set with viral elements is going to straight up merc people!
THE ONE AND ONLY TONY NOVA
ATM Password http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

omaan's Avatar


omaan
03.23.2020 , 08:25 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Barnonahill View Post
While the Tactician set did need an adjustment, y'all straight up massacred it. I'm honestly not sure which one got gimped harder: Tactician or Gathering Storm. Concealment is being slapped back down to 5.x, where we were irrelevant to the meta for pvp and pve. But at least AP PT is getting buffs, not like it's already THE dps spec in wzs. Guess it's time to pick up the Debilitate set and dust off my PT. At least we're not sins I guess..

EDIT:



While I'm not happy with the backstab change, and feel it was a pointless nerf since TA has a 3m cd, it's not my real gripe. You should have either adjusted the crit chance amount OR the frequency, not both. We're now left with a set bonus that gives us 2% mastery, 5% dmg and healing buff with a TA, an extra TA, and a mediocre crit buff. We're going to be out DPS'd by skank tanks now.

EDIT 2:

Thought about it some more, and I have something to add. Volatile Strike's guaranteed crit only lasts for 5s (not stated in the tooltip, pls add it if intentional.) It's the concealment tactical for pvp. If you increase the duration the crit is guaranteed for to 8s or 10s. It makes the adjustment to concealment a bit more bearable, even if some of the other changes are questionable.
Yeah i also have doubts that operative will be viable with these nerfs considering that at 5.0 it was a useless class with low sustain damage and low burst (only 28k volatile with low alacrity while mm snipers did 35+k ambushes and maras did 34k+ furious strikes). At least they buff sustain damage a bit but i doubt it will help considering what lightning sorcs and deception sins are getting
Support the most evil, mad and cruel sith named Stain by clicking this small link http://www.swtor.com/r/wSmNkK You will get additional 7 days of subscription while i get some goodies
May the kek be with you. Save ranked and class balance pls

JulWolle's Avatar


JulWolle
03.25.2020 , 03:32 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Yeah i also have doubts that operative will be viable with these nerfs considering that at 5.0 it was a useless class with low sustain damage and low burst (only 28k volatile with low alacrity while mm snipers did 35+k ambushes and maras did 34k+ furious strikes). At least they buff sustain damage a bit but i doubt it will help considering what lightning sorcs and deception sins are getting
I donīt know why they keep nerfing it, after these changes there is probably no reason at all to play operative in nim content if you can play pt... If they would undo the tactical changes maybe... For pvp i donīt know but everything i read is that the tacticals there are the problem which are others than the pve tacticals

AllisonLightning's Avatar


AllisonLightning
03.26.2020 , 09:30 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by JulWolle View Post
I donīt know why they keep nerfing it, after these changes there is probably no reason at all to play operative in nim content if you can play pt... If they would undo the tactical changes maybe... For pvp i donīt know but everything i read is that the tacticals there are the problem which are others than the pve tacticals
I'm really annoyed- they are double dipping with the crit chance nerf which will hurt operative healers where it counts and it's stupid, because we can't double stack- I mean, I appreciate Dxun was made to take advantage of sustain healing requirements. What I don't appreciate is that it looks like NiM Dxun will launch without merc healers being readjusted at all.
http://www.swtor.com/r/xsvzTv

Come to the dark side, where you get cookies and so do I.

JulWolle's Avatar


JulWolle
03.27.2020 , 03:00 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonLightning View Post
I'm really annoyed- they are double dipping with the crit chance nerf which will hurt operative healers where it counts and it's stupid, because we can't double stack- I mean, I appreciate Dxun was made to take advantage of sustain healing requirements. What I don't appreciate is that it looks like NiM Dxun will launch without merc healers being readjusted at all.
Yeah iīm not even mentioning the heal bc ***! everyone is running double merc, idk what happens after the sorc changes but ppl still wonīt run operative and then they make this nerf which hits him rly hard for no reason at all and they donīt even think about compensation changes like they do with all the other set nerfs.

septru's Avatar


septru
03.27.2020 , 11:34 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by JulWolle View Post
For pvp i donīt know but everything i read is that the tacticals there are the problem which are others than the pve tacticals
This is correct. For pvp, all they had to do was tweak the volatile strike tactical instead of butchering the tactician set bonus. This is doubly unfortunate because, as people have mentioned, a set bonus nerf also hurts healing operative and leth operative.
-Prum
The only real top 3 operative btw