Romance Questions

likesixtyninjas

I'm not exactly a new player anymore but I figure this question could also serve helpful to other people. The problem being I accidentally romanced a companion when I didn't mean to. I only flirted once with them and suddenly it's a full blown relationship. I didn't have a chance to break up later on but I was wondering that if I tried romancing someone else, say an NPC from Rise of the Hut Cartel or KOTET, would I be able to break up with them there and be able to keep my romance with the NPC from an expansion story or would I end up breaking up with both companions/NPCs? Any help is appreciated as I'm sure other people have had far more experience in this matter than me.

I'm not exactly a new player anymore but I figure this question could also serve helpful to other people. The problem being I accidentally romanced a companion when I didn't mean to. I only flirted once with them and suddenly it's a full blown relationship. I didn't have a chance to break up later on but I was wondering that if I tried romancing someone else, say an NPC from Rise of the Hut Cartel or KOTET, would I be able to break up with them there and be able to keep my romance with the NPC from an expansion story or would I end up breaking up with both companions/NPCs? Any help is appreciated as I'm sure other people have had far more experience in this matter than me.

Yes, you can. The "normal" path is to romance one of Lana Beniko, Theron Shan, or Koth Vortena in the first part of KotFE. ("First part" ==> chapters I to IX). This will then replace the romance with the class companion. If you *finished* the class companion romance, then when the class companion returns after KotFE IX, you will be able to say that you're sorry but it's over. There is another, highly spoilerish, possibility who becomes romanceable after KotET is finished.

Additional point: unlike the class companions, the various KotFE/ET romanceables can be romanced no matter what the player character's sex. Make of that what you will.

I never bothered with the romance side of Star wars lol. Could get a bit messy as there is no fury like a woman/man scorned :) especially if its Lana lol

Look for discussions of a mission called "Things Left Unsaid", which is granted if you break up with Lana, Theron, or Koth either to return to your original romance OR to join up with the additional but spoilerish prospect.

And no, Lana is not of the "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" type. She did indeed learn to channel her anger, but in her case it's a sort of cold anger rather than blazing fury.

(Also: I've never activated Things Left Unsaid, except on one Inquisitor who never, ever, flirted with anyone except Urtel and Andronikos. That's a bug.)

Lana's undoubtedly very sad if you return to a class story LI or else turn to the spoiler one, but she doesn't take it out on you at all. My Trooper romanced Theron on purpose because I didn't know when or if Aric Jorgan was returning-- then he returned in Chapter XI and I decided that my Trooper's heart still belonged to him. Theron, like Lana, was sad but took it like a man.