How to change Map size?

Impiwan

I like now being able to set the Global UI to its largest size, however when I open my map, I would like that to size so that I can close it and see the guide etc. Currently with my UI I cannot even close the map. it is so overscaled. How do you adjust the open map, while keeping the rest of the UI large and readable?

When you open the Interface Editor, click on the Mini-Map Box in the bottom left corner. In the Interface Editor box, you should see Mini-Map in the bottom box. You can adjust the Scale of the Mini-Map to make it smaller. Click Save when you're happy with the size, and you're done!

Hope this helps!

No, I mean the Map, when you open your map to full screen. It is larger than my screen and I do not know how to adjust that.

Set your global size to the largest, then save, then open your map, to see what I mean.

Not the min-map, I have that sized just fine.

• 5 months later...

This is still a problem. It seems like a simple fix to make the MAIN map size changeable so that I can keep it from running off my screen. As it is, anything on the bottom edge of the map I can not see, so it is not a trivial issue. Please address this after fixing the post 1.4 bugs.

Thank you

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also want this issue fixed. It does seem really trivial to take care of. For those of us playing on larger screen sizes, we have no choice but to increase the global UI scale because we can't adjust text (another thing that should be fixed by now).

Please Bioware, fix these issues. I love the game, and I still subscribe, but these issues make me wonder why I am still subscribed.:confused:

• 8 months later...

Search came up with this thread and it appears one year on this issue is still around. I actually asked the online help team about this and got a seemingly robot response to type my suggestions in this forum where it would be seen by developers and worked on.

Hey developers, on modern TVs you have a choice in this game of the text being illegibly small or losing sides of the map offscreen because it can't be resized - it's been two years (not for me, I've just subscribed for two months) - cool game, apart from this issue.

It's ridiculous that I have to change the UI to size 1 every time I need to see the bottom of the map then rechange it to 1,5 to read the chatbox.

Franc Kaos.

• 2 months later...
I have my settings set to 1600x 900 so when I log out the game my computer does not resize the display on the desktop but now that I have done this I get a huge chunk of my map cut off and I can't see the whole map it's nice that it's bigger so I can see it easier but I need to see the whole map how can this be fixed

I have my settings set to 1600x 900 so when I log out the game my computer does not resize the display on the desktop but now that I have done this I get a huge chunk of my map cut off and I can't see the whole map it's nice that it's bigger so I can see it easier but I need to see the whole map how can this be fixed

• 6 months later...

So I discovered this problem with the fullscreen map and then I found this thread about it,

which was started more than two years ago. :l

Something doesn't add up here... devs, I promise you can't be that busy. :p

Please fix the fullscreen map so it fits my screen even with HUD scale maxed.

The mini just doesn't show enough area for me to plot the route to my objectives. :eek:

Have you tried lowering the global scale factor of the GUI and then increasing the relative scale of the individual gadgets that you need the most? The relative scale goes to 1.25, same as the global, so it may be enough. Edited by JediQuaker

• 1 month later...

Logged in Just to post in this as well!!

I've used a custom skin ALSO tried the original skin and made my UI VERY small.. This in turn, makes the Large MAP very small.

I would like the large map, when I press, "M" to be larger, or at least have an option to scale the large map by itself along with EVERY other window you can scale.

Please fix this. Well, I guess it doesn't need to be fixed as it isn't broken, but please add this feature to allow us people to SCALE the large map accordingly to our liking. As you can see quite a lot of other people would like this option implemented as well. not just the few in this post I guarantee if you did a poll almost everyone would like to be able to do this.

NEXT patch maybe allow FULL MAP to be scalable along with everything else under interface options?

I would suggest the reverse of my last post - scale up the UI until the map is the size you want, and then scale down the individual pieces you want to be smaller.

In case you don't know - when you highlight an item/window in Interface Editor, there are various options available for each, such as, enable/disable, number of slots, etc, and almost every one has a scale factor.

Edited by JediQuaker

I would suggest the reverse of my last post - scale up the UI until the map is the size you want, and then scale down the individual pieces you want to be smaller.

In case you don't know - when you highlight an item/window in Interface Editor, there are various options available for each, such as, enable/disable, number of slots, etc, and almost every one has a scale factor.

This is what I did. [EDIT: I actually did what JediQuaker said in his first post, but both are right on] There are only a few items that I actually want to read, so it's not that hard to increase the scale on these items and leave the rest as is. I found that all I needed was to increase the chat size as well as increasing the tool tip size (I forget the name of this, but it's the help text that by default appears next to the map).

The vast majority of UI elements are covered my symbols or images. I size these individually to fit my gameplay. For example, I recently made the debuffs on me huge so I can notice if I'm hit with something. likewise, I made the buffs small, since I'm not as concerned with them in the heat of battle.

The UI customization can be intimidating, but I'd encourage everyone to spend some time getting familiar with it as fine tuning each of the UI elements can lead to a huge QOL improvement.

Edited by NYYankee

• 10 months later...

Years are past and still we can't resize the map... I play on a 46 screen n i had to enlarge the global UI than resize the single ui to smaller (Due to the fact that in a screen that big, somethings need to be enlarged and the editor soes not permit to) but i really wish to see the filters on the left corner, now cutted off by the size of the map.

I know that no dev nor mod would never read this, up there is a double post since 2 year and no one correct it.

This portion of the forum is useless, every issue i searched was old of years and no one from Bioware never answered, i wander if they actually have someone employed on this forum.

I have identical problem on Map window and Starship window... The scale is so big for my screen and i can't see all window... I can't join in battleship for this motive... :(

Help me please!!! :confused:

Well, if you can't neither do that, just rescale everything. i just don't get why they don't give us the chance to resize just the map but hey, if something of the game is precluded for that, don't enlarge your scale.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
I like now being able to set the Global UI to its largest size, however when I open my map, I would like that to size so that I can close it and see the guide etc. Currently with my UI I cannot even close the map. it is so overscaled. How do you adjust the open map, while keeping the rest of the UI large and readable?

Basically, about the closest thing you can do at this time is:

- adjust the Global UI to a size where the map is the size range you want (which would be less than "max").

- then go into the options for each individual element you want to enlarge and set it's individual scale factor separately.

A minor pain, but at least you only need to do it once. :)