Probably redundant question about Companion Customizations in the Knights Expansions

Quickpaw

Not exactly a new player, but I haven't reached any of the Fallen or Eternal content yet because I wanted to wait for characters' LIs to return so I could know who is/isn't safe to flirt with. Shallow, I know.

My question is two-fold. 1: Is it possible to load a companion's customization so they will have it during their first introductory cutscene, or is that only applicable on repeat playthroughs of that mission?

2: Do characters have access to customizations of companions outside their class, like if a Knight wanted to use another appearance for Vette, etc?

I would appreciate some clarification here, as I am a bit of a scummy alt-aholic and have a couple more characters to go from 1 to 70 before I start the Outlander content. Thank you for your consideration.

My question is two-fold. 1: Is it possible to load a companion's customization so they will have it during their first introductory cutscene, or is that only applicable on repeat playthroughs of that mission?

For companions who returned during the actual KotFE/ET chapters (and the alliance alert returns) then just leave the customizations equipped and they should return with the customizations.

The companions who return after KotET ends (Dorne,Quinn,Temple) are not showing up with customizations, you are stuck with the defaults.

2: Do characters have access to customizations of companions outside their class, like if a Knight wanted to use another appearance for Vette, etc?

Yes - you can buy opposing faction customizations from the Cartal Bazaar on Fleet.

1. If you leave the customization on before you start the expansion, they'll return with that customization look (except for Quinn, Elara, and Temple iirc) they will be wearing different outfits, but the outfit you had them in originally will show up in your inventory.

2. The vendor for alternate faction companions is in the cartel bazaar in the booth next to the appearance changer. (Right next to the droid who gives you Treek.) Once you have a companion from a different class you can use any of the customizations from the customization/ security key vendors.

Edited by ImmortalLowlife

If you're asking which LI companions haven't returned yet:

JEDI KNIGHT: Kira, Doc

JEDI CONSULAR: Nadia

SITH WARRIOR: Jaesa Willsaam (Dark Side)

And that's pretty much it. All other companions who haven't returned yet, cannot be romanced. (Lord Scourge, Tharan Cedrax, Zenith, Khem Val; Tanno Vik will not be returning at all because the voice actor for him passed away in RL).

You can't romance another class' love interest; i.e. Jedi Knights do not get to romance Vette or Mako, sorry.