What will be the point of Artifice/Cybertech post 1.3

MaximusRex

They can make crystals that nobody wants....

They can make hilts that nobody wants...

They can make enhancements that nobody needs...

They can make shields and generators that you need for a little while till you get better ones with ease...

Basically, they suck. But so does most crafting in this game.

There's a couple people on my server who make +41 Power and +41 Endurance Magenta (not purple) crystals. They sell for 800k on the GTN and it takes all of 1 hour to gather the mats. That's 800k/hour.

Average from dailies is more like 200k/hour. Of course it can take a while on alderaan to get the rough adegan crystal so maybe it's really more a matter of luck.

Regardless, it's just a way to make money by doing something other than dailies - if you don't like crafting do dailies, if you don't like dailies craft (sadly THERE IS NO OPTION C :().

And Artifice can make the consumable for Nightmare Pilgrim, which btw makes little sense why Armstech can make it when it's called an inhibitor device... It's not much, but Cybertech still has squat by comparison. Are there new speeder schematics that people aren't sharing the drop locations? Edited by UCKFred

Regardless, it's just a way to make money by doing something other than dailies - if you don't like crafting do dailies, if you don't like dailies craft (sadly THERE IS NO OPTION C :().

There is an option C.

SPAAAAAAACE!

cybertech will always be very valuable, as well as artifice. there are only so many commendations you can earn. its impossible to keep all your companions geared up. Its very easy, and with selling blue/purple armor mats, cybertech makes you a very tasty profit.

Wrong, they produce endgame gear. At least for artifice, there are schematics for 26 enhancements, on my server (Frostclaw) there are few people putting them on GTN, goes for 700-900k. And yes, it is "Made by *InsertPlayerName*".

To obtain these schematics you must RE Endgame gear, please show me the guild that has to much Campaigngear;-) For mayself I RE only the stuff from Blackhole gear.

AND you only have a 20% chance of gaining a schematic so you would have to have 10 of a kind to RE to be relativ secure on getting a schematic.

Personally I was lucky REing my T4 Relict gaining one schematic and at the moment have RED 4 further without gaining one. A Problem is that people are mostly unwilling to honour the hard grined an Artifice or Cybertech does to get that stuff. My Guildmates are not willing to pay more than 1000k per T4 Relict eve and ask me to produce ones with Augmentslots (very rare crit craft) and won´t understand, that I don´t have an endless supply of endgame mats (srry Fleetcomms are only 200 a day for me^^)

Btw. Cybertechs still have their epic Ship Equipment which always sells quite well as I notice, personally I think Cybertechs are better of then Artifice because they don´t have to grind daylies to get the interesting stuff^^

Well, first.

I really, REALLY wish players would craft more, i mean, i don't paying a reasonable price for the stuff, i mean, there have been times when my colour crystal in my lightsaber was from the one i got from preorder vendor and i was level 35, no one made colour crystals and that is a sad thing for a mmo, when all people care about is endgame viability, what they can make to profit from in the level 50 bracket only, instead of throughout the whole 9-50 range.

I personally gave up gathering the materials and putting them on the GTN, i got too many whispers asking me to lower the price to 500cr per full stack of materials, you have any idea how many purples or even blues that you can make with 99 rubat? enough to make more then 500cr each and you can make like roughly 20 or so, depending on if you have the rarer materials from the mission skill, but you can make alot more.

Well, considering the basic greens are better then the quest gear you get, i think the game would be vastly better if they just added a vendor that sold all the basic mods and gear on each planet and i mean the whole lot of mods, such as colour crystals.....all green quality of course, that would leave the blues and purples for the crafters to make profit off of, the problem with mmos is that the players just care about spending as little money as possible, while making the most possible.

Cybertech is already useless.

I won't even bother listing the reasons here, but if you are level 50, and if you don't plan to level an alt any time soon, you will understand why cybertech is useless.

With Artifice you can still make augement lighsaber - though with 1.3 this is about to change I suppose. You can also make crystals - and I guarantee you they are still way more popular than anything cybertech can make.( I myself just bought a crystal for 80k, but I never find myself buying anything crafted by Cybertecher. Where's the need?)

Cybertech still makes me decent cash through aim modifications and ship upgrades. I tend to stay away from anything requiring mandalorian iron since the base price of said mats requires the jacking of the end product price to something most folks are not willing to pay.

Best advice - roll a couple alts and spread your professions out a bit. At present I have Biochem, Cybertech, and Synthweaving spread over 3 toons. Sometimes one will make money and the others won't. You need to be able to judge your market and be ready to provide what it needs, having serveral professions (cyber including) will help make it a LOT easier.

When I re-rolled on the Fatman I went with a Trooper/Cybertech.

Spaceship upgrades are something that never go out of style. You make the best, in-game upgrades in that category. Surprisingly they are better than the versions that the vendors sell. They do not drop as loot. Only ONE of the six drop as a mission reward. There is no other way to obtain the artifact quality ship upgrades. You can't say that about most other gear in the game. I can't keep a steady stock on the GTN. If you want the best upgrades pre and post 50, you need a Cybertech.

With the game going towards more of a moddable gear oriented theme, you're sitting in the cat-bird seat with cybertech. Planetary commendations? Takes 2 to buy a mod. Takes 2 to buy an enhancement. Takes 7 for armoring. Don't know who thought that one up.

Cybertech schematics drop in raids. I can make Columi earpieces that sell for a bunch of credits.

And frankly you can't want anything more than that. The best gear should drop in raids otherwise what's the point in fighting epic bosses if they don't drop a reward that's meaningful.

I'm as crafty as a crafter comes and even I agree there should be some point at which we kit the players to the best of our ability and say: 'There's nothing more we can give you. No go on out there and pwn face. Bring us back the head of something mean and nasty with pointy teeth.'

People will always find something to cry about...

Whats that you say? Thousands of people play this? Wow you mean if there is one thing some of those players have which they dont like... there could be hundreds of complaints...

Some dont like long travel times...

Some dont like the crafting as it stands...

You dont like people complaining...

Everyone one is more productive than yours.

one less troll i have to see post

Edited by Spaj

Artifice and Cybertech (afaik) are for leveling. they are both relatively simple to RE for purple schems (unlike synth/armm, which have a variety of possible RE discoveries per item). Other than that, they've never been very good, especially artifice (tyvm BW :confused: ). I have no idea what the changes are in store for 1.3 though. I do see a similar problem at end game for these crafts as I do for synth/armm: if anyone can augment anything at an augment station, then there's no valuable raison d'etre for either craft.

geez. it's as if there wasn't already a decided advantage for biochem in this game...even after the slight nerf.

if anyone can augment anything at an augment station, then there's no valuable raison d'etre for either craft.

You can only augment stuff if you have an Agument Kit, that is itself a crafted item. One that is only made by Synth/Arms/Armor.

yes. I know. so now crafters are just augment/kit makers. brilliant! :confused: (I don't like it. there's no variety/uniqueness. it has virtually nothing whatever to do with the actual craft or the supposed gear that the craft produces)

on the other hand, I don't care about selling stuff on the GTN. my server is a ghost server, so the GTN is useless anyway. But tbh, one planet's worth of dailies (e.g., Ilum) produces 150k easy. It takes approximately 30 minutes, including the time it takes to go out of my way and farm the bioanalysis and slicing nodes along my way and in the alternate faction's areas.

so maybe it's because i'm already on a ghost server (the courageous), but working the gtn and farming mats, REing, working for crit crafts...it's just never going to be worth it for the credits it brings in. I can buy anything in game (incl legacy) in less than a week of dailies (not counting comms purchases). so it's never been worth the headache to craft for credits. but I do like to play the game and put gear on alts and so on and so forth. as it looks now, there's no point in filling out a crafting catalog.

Edited by foxmob

cybertech will always be very valuable, as well as artifice. there are only so many commendations you can earn. its impossible to keep all your companions geared up. Its very easy, and with selling blue/purple armor mats, cybertech makes you a very tasty profit.

All of my companions are already geared. Given how much of a pain in the butt it is to gather, my alts generally just purchase armoring w/ planetary commendations. I'll make *1* set when they hit 50, but other than that, it's just not worth the time.

Honestly, if you're not biochem on your main, you simply don't understand the game. There are other ways to make money, and frankly, using your ONLY crafting slot on something that just makes money vs. makes your toon better at pvp AND pve just doesn't make sense.

The thing that makes me ruefully shake my head is BW ***knows*** this, and they have failed to fix it not once, not twice, but soon to be 3 times.

when it comes to leveling, artifice and cybertech are virtually the same (if you're trying to decide between the two). armors and hilts cose ~7 comms from planetary vendors. enhancements and mods cost 2 comms. I would suggest going with cybertech, because there are 7 pieces that you can slot armors into whereas only 1 or 2 (depending on your class) for the hilt. the mods and enhancements are mostly a push, but if you have orange wrists/waists (from legacy vendor), then there's only a mod and armor slot, making cyber more valuable as well.

finally, artifice can't even create "hilts" for all classes. if your alt's class uses a gun (e.g., scoundrel), you'd need armstech to create the barrel. so artifice is basically a mirror of cybertech in theory, but in practice you'll get a lot more out of cybertech while leveling.

as far as leveling with cybertech, it's much quicker than with armormech or synthweaving because you have the same chance of learning a new schem (20%), but there's only one new schem that you can learn (blue/purple). whereas with armormech and synth, there's a wide variety of (often useless, redoubt on cunning) schems that you may learn from the same piece, but you're still looking at 20% chance for any new schem.

I would not try this without a 50 that can stockpile UW mats.

I don't see any point to trying to make money on cyber (apart from the space stuff I guess), as the mats (from UW alone) make the cost of production vs. demand untennable. and the endgame...well....neither craft is worth much now, and won't be worth a damn come this 1.3 augment business. at least that's how I see it at this point. I'm desperately hoping that will change.