Light Side Sith Inquisitor

Varranto

I played a light side Inquisitor, a long time ago, and it was actually a lot of fun. Playing your character 'against the grain' so to speak tends to bring out a lot more interesting dynamic. Your character is Sith because that is the society they were born into: Those who are Force-sensitive in the empire MUST undergo Sith training, though many are doomed to die out of the gate. As an Inquisitor, the deck is further stacked as you are part of a 'trash class' of aliens and slaves assigned to a substandard Overseer who basically sees you as a vehicle for making his pet pureblood look good.

However, when you play a Light Side Inquisitor, you see a seriously ugly side of the Jedi. They lie, manipulate people, refuse to listen and act with an almost fanatical dogma, showing just how polarized the two factions are. While Republic citizens and troopers will often act with pragmatism, and even grudgingly acknowledge when you are noble or honorable, the Jedi will attack without question, and no amount of reason or negotiating will sway them from the stance that Sith Must Die.

No spoilers, but there's one plotline on Alderaan that, if you play it fully light side does NOT show the Jedi in a favorable light at all. And on Taris you can flat out ASK them for a chance to come over to the 'light' and they will revert to rule #1 (Sith Must Die) and attack you.

Also, there was one bit at the very end that I found quite satisfying for a Light Side Inquisitor... and you got the full Jedi version of the Power Of The Force playing as it played out.

• 2 months later...
Hi !

I'm recently thinking about it , would it be still cool history ?

It's not about to be hipster or something , just it interest me a lot . I always was "loyal" to force side that my characters were . For example , when I played my Assassin I had choose dark side points , but now I want something new , like sorcerer that possessed sith powers and he just can't bring death to innocent people . That , he'd seeking his own path, to use his powers to bring justice , make sith Empire "better Republic" ... And now I'm asking You , would light side inquisitor storyline be like that ? Or it just can't be done ?

I'll try not to "spoiler" anything too badly, but I can tell you this: the LS Sith Inquisitor is no-one's Sensitive New Age Guy/Girl.

Basically, a LS Sith Inquisitor acts like someone who wasn't brought up with UNLIMITED POWAAAH to toss around on a whim, which fits with the lore beautifully. (S)He's pragmatic, efficient and goal-oriented (and in the case of the pure LS Inquisitor like mine, just a bit of a softie under the right circumstances), rather than the kind of cackling villainy that Sith are usually shown as - and I love it.

I played a pragmatic Inquisitor who wouldn't shy from violence when it aided his or Empire's goals, but wouldn't do the mindless violence thing of "BWAHAHAHA IMA SO EVIL LOOKIT ME!!!" kind. Basically, he chose all non-stupid options all the time, be them light or dark. Playing this way felt natural - just a guy who wants to be left alone and has a modicum of responsibility to the homeland; finished in Light tier III.

If you are basing it on companions, the inquisitor also gets Ashara who only seems to fit with a light sided master. :)

As for the consular, Qyzen likes to fight, but he seems to be more honorable and doesn't really approve of hunting weak prey either. :p

He does approve of hunting and skinning Wookiees though.