Slicing over-nerfed

LycanarSW

Just an observation but, I sent one of my crew on a class 6 slicing mission which cost me 1415 credits, and she returned me 1265 credits. This mission took over 30 minutes to complete. Seems a bit ridiculous that you lose money on these missions most of the time. Perhaps the devs went a little overboard with the nerf bat?

Couldn't you just nerf the credits you get from slicing boxes manually out in the world, and leave the ones that take 30+ minutes to complete profitable? The only point in sending your crew on slicing missions now is to level slicing at a slight loss, because the slicing missions are faster than the other missions.

Edited by LycanarSW

Greetings everyone!

We wanted to give you the following information from our Developer Tracker by our Senior Online Community Manager, Stephen Reid:

Hey all, thank you for reports into this issue. We escalated this to the development team and after investigation, got confirmation that this was a bug.

It's being worked on now and a fix should be rolled out in a future patch. In the meantime, it'll be added to our known issues list.

You can also find more information in our Known In-Game Issues Sticky by our Live Community Coordinator, Amber Green:

Hello everyone! We appreciate you joining us to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, and we hope you enjoy the game. As MMORPGs are large and complex projects, inevitably we do discover issues that may affect gameplay. We're working constantly to fix anything that will affect the player experience, but for now this is our current list of high priority in-game known issues.

UPDATED: April 24th, 2012

Crew Skills

• For the Slicing Crew Skill, Premium Lockboxes are providing fewer credits than intended.

We hope this helps! :)

Just an observation but, I sent one of my crew on a class 6 slicing mission which cost me 1415 credits, and she returned me 1265 credits. This mission took over 30 minutes to complete. Seems a bit ridiculous that you lose money on these missions most of the time. Perhaps the devs went a little overboard with the nerf bat?

Couldn't you just nerf the credits you get from slicing boxes manually out in the world, and leave the ones that take 30+ minutes to complete profitable? The only point in sending your crew on slicing missions now is to level slicing at a slight loss, because the slicing missions are faster than the other missions.

My average return on lockboxes are +200+1000 credits on a 20 minute return. Usually run moderate level 5s and 6s or abundant 5s.

That plus nodes plus selling the missions and schematics I get (usually get one per pass) means in the last two weeks from slicing alone (not counting mats sold on the GTN for bio and scav as I'm a pure crafter, pvp, and missions) usually nets me 200-300k profit on the weekends. So not really seeing an overnerf here. In fact going pure gathering this is the first time I've actually had profit on one of my PCs, since as a crafter I'd go broke just keeping myself equipped.

My average return on lockboxes are +200+1000 credits on a 20 minute return. Usually run moderate level 5s and 6s or abundant 5s.

That plus nodes plus selling the missions and schematics I get (usually get one per pass) means in the last two weeks from slicing alone (not counting mats sold on the GTN for bio and scav as I'm a pure crafter, pvp, and missions) usually nets me 200-300k profit on the weekends. So not really seeing an overnerf here. In fact going pure gathering this is the first time I've actually had profit on one of my PCs, since as a crafter I'd go broke just keeping myself equipped.

Still a bug.

If you feel the need to run credit missions, run moderates only-

After hundreds of missions, greens and blues are diminished in amounts and proc chances based on pre-1.2 levels.

The boxes in-world seem to be functioning normally.

In the meantime, do what one above poster says: keep the credit boxes until they fix it and it is confirmed to have worked, and spend the time running tech part missions instead.

I almost, allllmost think that the credit boxes were borked on purpose to cause an influx of the tech parts by slicers to get the augment market up and rolling.

If you feel the need to run credit missions, run moderates only-

After hundreds of missions, greens and blues are diminished in amounts and proc chances based on pre-1.2 levels.

The boxes in-world seem to be functioning normally.

In the meantime, do what one above poster says: keep the credit boxes until they fix it and it is confirmed to have worked, and spend the time running tech part missions instead.

I almost, allllmost think that the credit boxes were borked on purpose to cause an influx of the tech parts by slicers to get the augment market up and rolling.

I really, really hope Bioware wouldn't be stupid enough to artificially stimulate the market this way. The economy should be 100% user-run. If the augment market doesn't go the way they hope it does, they need to re-work it, not break other parts of the system to influence it.

If this is a bug why hasn't it been fixed yet? Previously when lockboxes were unintentionally changed for the players benifit, it was fixed within hours. Now days after patch 1.2 BW's "Spin Doctors" are claiming it is a bug and it will be fixed "soon." Whatever the outcome is, it is a little to late for me, I am losing interest in this game fast, little is being done to keep the players happy,, If BW could fix bugs as fast as they can nerf things this would be a great game.

If this is a bug why hasn't it been fixed yet? Previously when lockboxes were unintentionally changed for the players benifit, it was fixed within hours. Now days after patch 1.2 BW's "Spin Doctors" are claiming it is a bug and it will be fixed "soon." Whatever the outcome is, it is a little to late for me, I am losing interest in this game fast, little is being done to keep the players happy,, If BW could fix bugs as fast as they can nerf things this would be a great game.

It's true. It's urgent enough to be hotfixed when it gives too much (which, by the way, was no more than it was giving at release), but not troublesome enough to bother with until the next full patch if it gives too little.

If this is a bug why hasn't it been fixed yet?

Because the first person to do enough footwork to show what had changed and that it wasn't just a statistical fluke didn't report his findings until the 17th. Prior to that, you saw a lot of whining and wild claims, at least some of which were contradicted by that person's data.

The devs investigated, and on the 20th, confirmed that data and the fact that this was a bug. That was a Friday at about noon. If you assume a reasonable amount of time to fix this and verify the fix, I really doubt it could have made the cutoff for the patch on the following Tuesday. "The following Tuesday" is also known as yesterday in this case, so unless they wanted to take the servers down for maintenance just to fix this one issue, they really haven't had a realistic chance to fix this issue.

If they send out a patch next Tuesday and it still isn't fixed, then asking if there's a holdup might be reasonable. Saying that this one issue is so important that they need to drop everything to fix it NOW is really not looking at this in any kind of perspective. Too many credits coming into the economy can have a lasting effect, so it needs to be fixed in a timely manner. This? Not so much. I'd have been happy if they had put this in Tuesday's patch, but waiting a week isn't going to kill me.