Heavyweight Championship of the Galaxy (RP event)

sharpenedstick

The Coruscant Sports Commission, in conjunction with the Galactic Boxing Authority and the Universal Boxing Association, is proud to announce a tournament for the Heavyweight Championship of the Galaxy! Located on beautiful Nar Shaddaa, the forbidden planet of Neon Dreams, this event will showcase the finest athletes in pursuit of the ultimate prize.

When: Feb 9th, 9:00 pm EST / 6:00 pm PST

Where: Club Vertica, Nar Shadaa

What: A 1v1, single-elimination, pvp tournament. All fighters must be unarmed and unarmored, except that they may wear gloves and boots. Contestants will only be permitted to use the unarmed attacks from the Legacy system (specifically Punch, Jab, Uppercut and Bash).

There will be a separate Mixed Martial Arts division for smugglers only, who may use their unarmed strikes in addition to the Legacy ones.

Sadly, the MMA division has been cancelled, as I've been informed you need a weapon to use those strikes, and to get Upper Hand.

Prize: The Heavyweight Champion of the Galaxy will receive the approbation and applause fitting his or her station, and a full Phantom Set.

The MMA champ will receive the Trailblazer jacket, gloves, boots, and legs.

Other prizes may be available, subject to cartel pack luck...

How can you participate:

We need fighters! The only qualification, aside from the ability to use the Legacy strikes, is that you are a member of a recognized Role-Playing guild. Or, if unguilded, you have a role-playing backstory. I will be interviewing non-guilded RPers. Why am I restricting this to RPers? This is an RP server. Plain PvP is that way --->

In addition to fighters, we will need dancers, entertainers, ring girls and referees.

Also wanted is a rich individual to play the house for the purposes of betting.

This event is open to both Republic and Empire.

Anyone interested in participating in any manner, please send an in-game mail or tell to Vizair, Guild Master of the Justiciars.

Thank you!

Edited by sharpenedstick

At least give people some greens to wear so they all look the same! Some light armor everyone can wear? No nakie peoples boxing! It makes roleplaying awkward! This event takes place the same night as my guild's RP and our open operations run so we can try to come take a look since it's on the same planet. I'm all for throwing down fisty cuffs!

At least give people some greens to wear so they all look the same! Some light armor everyone can wear? No nakie peoples boxing! It makes roleplaying awkward! This event takes place the same night as my guild's RP and our open operations run so we can try to come take a look since it's on the same planet. I'm all for throwing down fisty cuffs!

Sorry, but not only are the plain models reasonably close to boxing clothing, by making everyone strip down to gloves and boots, we'll be drastic reducing their hp. Otherwise it will take a long time to punch each other into oblivion...

We'll allow people to wear 0 armor, 0 stat legs, if they like.

Edited by sharpenedstick

There will be a separate Mixed Martial Arts division for smugglers only, who may use their unarmed strikes in addition to the Legacy ones.

FYI you can't use those abilities without having a weapon equipped, aside from the problem that you need upper hand to use sucker punch which you can't get without using some other move first to grant upper hand.

FYI you can't use those abilities without having a weapon equipped, aside from the problem that you need upper hand to use sucker punch which you can't get without using some other move first to grant upper hand.

That's really disappointing to hear. I guess we'll axe the MMA division and award the prize to the runner up.

Would assume this is only for level 50s? Post did not clarify.

Not necessarily. If there are enough lowbies, we could always do a lesser weight class. And if there aren't enough, you're welcome to try your luck against the big boys.

Either way, we'd love to have anyone come by, whether they'd like to compete, assist as a referee or ring girl, or just to watch.

Edited by sharpenedstick

Thank you to everyone who came out. RP events rise and fall based on the strength of community support, so I really appreciate everyone who came, and everyone who told someone about the event, whether they were able to make it or not.

Special thanks to Bridgette of Alpha Company for her assistance, and applause to Karthandros the Destructive, of my very own guild, who took home the belt.