Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara
02.12.2018 , 01:22 PM | #861
I guess we'll reach the 1k posts soon and the 40k views. All that Arcann negativity really boosted the activity in this thread.
#Arcannite
For The Empire

RandomName_Ru
02.12.2018 , 01:25 PM | #862
Quote: Originally Posted by DuskIsNotAmused View Post
For him It's probably the highest praise.
"Arcann and I had conversations without words. We moved in tandem, flowed like water with one mind and purpose."

I think that we can remove "probably" from that one

Now the question is: was Arcann isolated in that 5 years after Valky could not do his "prevent any attachment" thing going?

MrJunay
02.12.2018 , 01:45 PM | #863
Quote: Originally Posted by RandomName_Ru View Post
I hope that he will not compare Commander to his brother anymore. It was a great compliment. I think? But... Well, not the thing I would say to someone I am interested in.
Where he compares the PC with his brother? I missed this remark.
First he saw his father in PC, now his brother? I'm afraid that for fem-PC this is not a compliment!

DuskIsNotAmused
02.12.2018 , 01:46 PM | #864
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
I guess we'll reach the 1k posts soon and the 40k views. All that Arcann negativity really boosted the activity in this thread.

Adversity sometimes breeds community -Head tilt- ?.
Quote: Originally Posted by RandomName_Ru View Post
"Arcann and I had conversations without words. We moved in tandem, flowed like water with one mind and purpose."

I think that we can remove "probably" from that one

Now the question is: was Arcann isolated in that 5 years after Valky could not do his "prevent any attachment" thing going?
His fixation on revenge and lack of outside connections probably maintained it, I don't think Vaylin was any better off on that front. So she couldn't/ wouldn't help there.

Your quote reminded me why I thought Arcann might be socially awkward ! In his letter when he talks about how you remind him of Thexan he says `You both have a gift for inspiring loyalty` I guess I took that to mean good with people (Implying he didn't consider himself to be- at least by comparison. Maybe he generally left that to Thexan when he was alive?). Along with some familiar behaviours my head decided socially akward .

Eshvara
02.12.2018 , 03:08 PM | #865

Adversity sometimes breeds community -Head tilt- ?.
I guess it does!
#Arcannite
For The Empire

Rebamcfan
02.12.2018 , 11:16 PM | #866
The council/Obi wan flagrantly use the attachments Anakin has (And is always being chastised for) to sell the deception... yeah I could not believe that when it happened. Still a bit sore. I understand why...just. Bad Obi wan (If i'm remembering right Mace/the council voice concerns).
Yeah, you're right about that now that I think it. Obi-Wan says that he does not want Anakin to know in order to make it more believable and keep the mission intact.
"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, arts." -Grand Admiral Thrawn
http://www.swtor.com/r/3d6ZQg If you liked what I posted, feel free to use my Referral link. ^_^

JakRoanin
02.12.2018 , 11:56 PM | #867
I don't think he had a relationship before, but I can see him having been around some Zakuul knights. Kinda like daddeh.
I think an actual loving relationship as in starting it, especially if you haven't yet, and considering their history can be quite difficult, rather than a one night stand. But that's just me assuming.
Arcann's past is indefinable until we get new stuff but going off of what is seen... I think he consciously chose to cut himself off from the chance a romantic partner would leave him, like Senya left Valk. I think he wold probably avoid anything that could make him a father. And after Thexan I think he was just done with the idea of needing people period until he saw Senya risking her life for them. Think about it, nobody had ever risked anything for him before in his life. Why would anyone raised like him and Vaylin willingly court possible rejection?

Eshvara
02.13.2018 , 12:04 AM | #868
Quote: Originally Posted by JakRoanin View Post
Arcann's past is indefinable until we get new stuff but going off of what is seen... I think he consciously chose to cut himself off from the chance a romantic partner would leave him, like Senya left Valk. I think he wold probably avoid anything that could make him a father. And after Thexan I think he was just done with the idea of needing people period until he saw Senya risking her life for them. Think about it, nobody had ever risked anything for him before in his life. Why would anyone raised like him and Vaylin willingly court possible rejection?
I don't know, during his tyrant days, I just don't see him like the kind of person that has those feelings. He wanted to please his father, he didn't seem like someone who was scared of rejection to me, I think it simply just wasn't on his mind at all. Besides, Valkorion would have probably disapproved of it, and as he cared for that, he probably wouldn't really entertain the thought of it. They couldn't even see guards without their armor to avoid them getting attached to them as read in the short story "brothers" I would find it odd if Valk didn't give them a lecture on love.

I do like that even though we all love Arcann, I think we all see him a different way, I remember in the Arcann hate thread, they said that when you all agree there is no discussion to be found, but people have different opinions around here, they just don't revolve around hating said character, so there isn't any hostility around. I think those are the nicest environments to be in.
#Arcannite
For The Empire

Asmodesu
02.13.2018 , 12:15 AM | #869
I don't know, during his tyrant days, I just don't see him like the kind of person that has those feelings. He wanted to please his father, he didn't seem like someone who was scared of rejection to me, I think it simply just wasn't on his mind at all. Besides, Valkorion would have probably disapproved of it, and as he cared for that, he probably wouldn't really entertain the thought of it. They couldn't even see guards without their armor to avoid them getting attached to them as read in the short story "brothers" I would find it odd if Valk didn't give them a lecture on love.
That last bit I find interesting to be a viewpoint as Valkorion, while in our heads, pushes for love. I'm guessing it's a weakness he wished the Outlander to have.
Always a Theron fan!
Member of the Order of Zildrog - Theron Protection Agency
Safaia - a melodramatic sith, Revanite and Wrath

Eshvara
02.13.2018 , 12:18 AM | #870
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodesu View Post
That last bit I find interesting to be a viewpoint as Valkorion, while in our heads, pushes for love. I'm guessing it's a weakness he wished the Outlander to have.
It's kind of funny, but doesn't it depend on the option you take? If you choose to say you love someone to my memory, he says when you separate for long enough, your old love will find another?
Or something along those lines, but when you say love isn't for you, he suddenly says something else.
#Arcannite
For The Empire