Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

MrJunay's Avatar


MrJunay
05.06.2018 , 04:35 AM | #4861
Quote: Originally Posted by LamiaKan View Post
Another missed opportunity that we can't have Arcann there in this fight in the story.
I was hoping that Arcann would be able to participate in the FP as a multi-companion, but this place was occupied by Theron. Although it was more logical to reveal the cards of Theron only before the final battle, and not to destroy the intrigue at the beginning of the FP.

Honestly, I expected various interesting plot twists: that the traitor is Lana, that Theron was being zombified, that Valky / Vaylin is still sitting in the head of the PC, and Theron is trying to stop them ...
But the story, unfortunately, turned out to be banal.

Iheaca's Avatar


Iheaca
05.06.2018 , 05:18 AM | #4862
Quote: Originally Posted by LamiaKan View Post
This is one way this relationship can go. Too bad we probably won't have much opportunity to explore it further in game. I'd like to see them fight a bit in the future. I do agree his romance suited a LS PC more. However it's so with most other LIs too. I don't understand how half of them will stick with a DSer no matter what.
Even for not pure DS characters, i'd find it sad to have Arcann become a flabby little follower. Oh come on, from emperor of the galaxy to sluggish minion is too hard a change. The guy needs to get some temper again! I'm all good with a tiny bit of worshipping and being crazy in love, but that does not mean one's self completely!

Like this...
The Leviathan - Nyx-Nocturna, Ihrae, Del'Ihrae, Shanti-Adamanta, Ainlanna, Ijadyia
From Ashes We Will Rise - fanfiction

DuskIsNotAmused's Avatar


DuskIsNotAmused
05.06.2018 , 05:26 AM | #4863
Quote: Originally Posted by RandomName_Ru View Post
Oh, so much this! I was thinking it's just me being nitpicky. Hope it is a phase. Fresh start, being free of Valkorion, euphoria of having his "affection returned" and all that. Sad thing is... I think that such behavior is believable . And my PC thinks that Arcann needs a lot of hugs and a strong kick so he knows that she do care and not going anywhere and would like him to grow his backbone back !
I honestly don't get this read from him, after Voss he has some understandable confidence issues with decision making but this latest scene is actually a sign of progress on that issue. He comes to you and asks you to show Theron mercy (which with some Pcs could be dicey) and doesn't change his stance if you take the less receptive options. Thats better than when the confrontational option is taken about Vaylin at his recruitment.

Honestly redeemed Arcann (minus the decision making issues) is what I always saw him as (minus Valky ). Quietly confident (in general), sarcastic streak, at times overconfident bordering on arrogance in certain areas (in self/specific people/specific events) Etc. We haven't seen many interactions between him and the Pc outside of fighting Valky, if we do I expect to see more poking/teasing Some of that dry sense of humour.

It's only really the Pc he's shy(ish) with. He admires/is attracted to you, a certain level of shyness is normal (He's already admitted he hasn't much experience in this area).

Given that he's surounded by a group built to depose him, and likely filled with folks who'd like to see him dead/suffer, he's very uncowed considering.
----
Thank you Ru (and [Redacted], formerly Darth Imperius, currently Commander of the Alliance, soon to be *spoiler*) for your considerate note, I am currently prodding Darth [Redacted], Wrath of the Emperor, formerly Apprentice to Darth Baras into a response as is befitting of your/her kind gesture

Asmodesu's Avatar


Asmodesu
05.06.2018 , 06:05 AM | #4864
Quote: Originally Posted by DuskIsNotAmused View Post
I honestly don't get this read from him, after Voss he has some understandable confidence issues with decision making but this latest scene is actually a sign of progress on that issue. He comes to you and asks you to show Theron mercy (which with some Pcs could be dicey) and doesn't change his stance if you take the less receptive options. Thats better than when the confrontational option is taken about Vaylin at his recruitment.

Honestly redeemed Arcann (minus the decision making issues) is what I always saw him as (minus Valky ). Quietly confident (in general), sarcastic streak, at times overconfident bordering on arrogance in certain areas (in self/specific people/specific events) Etc. We haven't seen many interactions between him and the Pc outside of fighting Valky, if we do I expect to see more poking/teasing Some of that dry sense of humour.

It's only really the Pc he's shy(ish) with. He admires/is attracted to you, a certain level of shyness is normal (He's already admitted he hasn't much experience in this area).

Given that he's surounded by a group built to depose him, and likely filled with folks who'd like to see him dead/suffer, he's very uncowed considering.
I agree with your points here. I also don't see him as a flabby soft follower. His personality may have softened, but he is still Arcann, and as he points out he is finally himself, not a tool or a title, not a hate and anger driven maniac. Just himself. Big growth in my opinion
Always a Theron fan!
Member of the Order of Zildrog - Theron Protection Agency
Safaia - a melodramatic sith, Revanite and Wrath

Iheaca's Avatar


Iheaca
05.06.2018 , 06:07 AM | #4865
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodesu View Post
I agree with your points here. I also don't see him as a flabby soft follower. His personality may have softened, but he is still Arcann, and as he points out he is finally himself, not a tool or a title, not a hate and anger driven maniac. Just himself. Big growth in my opinion
He is not yet. I just hope it stops going in that direction and he regains a bit of confidence and a bit more of being equal to the PC.
The Leviathan - Nyx-Nocturna, Ihrae, Del'Ihrae, Shanti-Adamanta, Ainlanna, Ijadyia
From Ashes We Will Rise - fanfiction

MrJunay's Avatar


MrJunay
05.06.2018 , 06:19 AM | #4866
I hope their relationship does not turn intoin the style of "The Deity and His Devoted Slave." Perhaps the developers in this way just want to show that Arсann has changed and is grateful to the PC for saving his life, or he is under the influence of the first love that dazzles ...
But I sincerely hope that Arcann will not turn into a weak-willed and spineless follower.
I was sure that with DS PC they would together rule the galaxy, like Revan and Malak.

Any idea why Arсann begs about mercy for Theron ? Earlier in the letter he was ready to punish the traitor. Why did he change his mind to the opposite?
He does not want to see a PC a cruel executioner? Or are they friends with Theron?
Very strange...

DuskIsNotAmused's Avatar


DuskIsNotAmused
05.06.2018 , 06:25 AM | #4867
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodesu View Post
I agree with your points here. I also don't see him as a flabby soft follower. His personality may have softened, but he is still Arcann, and as he points out he is finally himself, not a tool or a title, not a hate and anger driven maniac. Just himself. Big growth in my opinion
Yup, just subtle in that the focus (gamewise) has been decidedly elswhere I'm glad your feeling better about the recent arc (Theron), at least I assume so; your signature seems happier.

Quote: Originally Posted by Iheaca View Post
He is not yet. I just hope it stops going in that direction and he regains a bit of confidence and a bit more of being equal to the PC.
I'm not worried, Arcann's never had any trouble keeping up with our Pc. He's just not had many opportunities (in cutscenes) to show his awesomeness post KotET that's all

Goreshaga's Avatar


Goreshaga
05.06.2018 , 06:27 AM | #4868
Quote: Originally Posted by MrJunay View Post
Any idea why Arсann begs about mercy for Theron ? Earlier in the letter he was ready to punish the traitor. Why did he change his mind to the opposite?
He does not want to see a PC a cruel executioner? Or are they friends with Theron?
Very strange...
My take on this is that PC and Theron are supposed to be at the very least really close friends.
So I think Arcann is more willing to spare the PC the pain of killing a brother like figure (or a lover if you romance Theron), because he does not want our PC to feel like he feels about being the one who took his twin's life.

Iheaca's Avatar


Iheaca
05.06.2018 , 06:40 AM | #4869
Quote: Originally Posted by MrJunay View Post
Any idea why Arсann begs about mercy for Theron ? Earlier in the letter he was ready to punish the traitor. Why did he change his mind to the opposite?
He does not want to see a PC a cruel executioner? Or are they friends with Theron?
Very strange...
This part is really not the one that bothers me (the letter does more). I think that it makes sense that he has second thought on this matter. He received an incredible about of forgiveness and compassion, how could he want the opposite for another? Especially a former trusted ally?
I don't think he really says that he wants to punish the traitor. He says that he can be the PC's hand, whatever this hand is requested to do. For me it is slightly different. And in a mix of full dedication to the PC and feelings that are awakening, I can understand that the betrayal stingshim hard. Now there is what you feel and say when things happen, and things you think when you cool down, and I think that we are in that situation here. Arcann wants to protect PC, but he must be the right person to realise that revenge is not always right. Plus, protecting the PC might as well mean protecting him/her from taking the same kind of decisions he took in his past.
The Leviathan - Nyx-Nocturna, Ihrae, Del'Ihrae, Shanti-Adamanta, Ainlanna, Ijadyia
From Ashes We Will Rise - fanfiction

Asmodesu's Avatar


Asmodesu
05.06.2018 , 06:42 AM | #4870
Quote: Originally Posted by DuskIsNotAmused View Post
Yup, just subtle in that the focus (gamewise) has been decidedly elswhere I'm glad your feeling better about the recent arc (Theron), at least I assume so; your signature seems happier.
I decided to give Charles one more chance, he said even though Theron could be dead, he'd still have minor story role if alive. If he lied though, I'll be decidedly less happy then I was a few days ago.
Always a Theron fan!
Member of the Order of Zildrog - Theron Protection Agency
Safaia - a melodramatic sith, Revanite and Wrath