Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

Jenemi

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is also a Champion level "Enduring Tauntaun" that I have never seen before that I killed the other night.

I have been farming this Tauntaun and the blues/greens he seems to drop for weeks now, well before the 1.2 patch. I highly doubt he has anything to do with it, as he has been around for a long time.

Not sure if this is in anyway related to the ongong mystery but the SWTOR Community Manager has been tweeting since yesterday that something important will happen or be announced on Tatooine tomorrow (Sunday) morning before "mid-day". In an interview he said: “Make sure you are on the servers on sunday morning. Tatooine in particular.”

I'd love to hang out and wait on my server but I will be enroute from the Bay Area to Nevada. How I'd love a quick travel option for that. :D

Do you have a link or anything for this? I do not see anything talking aout being in tattooine tmr.

Not sure if this is in anyway related to the ongong mystery but the SWTOR Community Manager has been tweeting since yesterday that something important will happen or be announced on Tatooine tomorrow (Sunday) morning before "mid-day". In an interview he said: “Make sure you are on the servers on sunday morning. Tatooine in particular.”

Who is tweeting this because it sure isn't Stephen Reid, the community manager. I also don't see anything from Courtney Woods, Joveth, Michelle Archer, or anyone else so either you've been duped, you're full of it, or I'm just not seeing who you're talking about. In other words, give us a link.

Who is tweeting this because it sure isn't Stephen Reid, the community manager. I also don't see anything from Courtney Woods, Joveth, Michelle Archer, or anyone else so either you've been duped, you're full of it, or I'm just not seeing who you're talking about. In other words, give us a link.

I can verify it's there, look harder. (On Stephen's)

Edited by gsrce

its on stephens he says a good time to be on is before midday IE: the morning.

I can verify it's there, look harder. (On Stephen's)

its on stephens he says a good time to be on is before midday IE: the morning.

No wonder it was easy to miss, it was in reply to someone and unless you follow both or you clicked on Mr. Reid's reply to see the conversation, you would never know.

Thanks, everyone.

The ice scrabbler liver and ice scrabbler jerky are two different items. The liver is used as a crafting ingredient in order to make the jerky, which in turn gies you the buff.

Hope this clarifies things.

I understand the difference. I was referring to the person who posted that they got the jerky off a non world boss mob. If bigfootnz said liver, I would not be as surprised.

/I read through most of Stephen's tweets back to Friday, and there are a number of interesting things in there.

In particular, someone asked him about the tauntauns and he said that one was from the CE Vendor (which we knew), but that others were from a mission and some were event related.

The mission comment is interesting as that would indicate there is some mission that needs to be picked up. Now, some have found a tauntaun from defeating Gargath, who is part of the new speeder mission. IS this what he was referring to, or, is there something else to be found?

What of the "event related" tauntaun(s)? May this simply refer to the legacy promotion, or to something else, such as this tweet about being on Tatooine tomorrow morning? As for being on Tatooine tomorrrow morning. a more recent tweet additionally says in response to a question about where on Tatooine to be that we ought to "take a left at the first sand dune and keep going." What might this mean?

Do you have a link or anything for this? I do not see anything talking aout being in tattooine tmr.

@Rockjaw is the Community Manager's Twitter name. I saw the tweets come thru yesterday and today and the best I could do is bring up a search for you here: https://twitter.com/#!/search/%40rockjaw%20sunday I hope this works. Otherwise find @Rockjaw and just scroll thru tweets since yesterday morning. :)

The Tauntaun can already be obtained in-game (and could be obtained on PTS for the last 4 weeks before that), although nobody managed to find it.

Some of you actually had ideas that are pretty close to the truth and I've seen at least one comment out there on the internet that indicates the tauntaun was found, but not captured.

tat is full of sand dunes, so its not really precise. however most events or shared items are in a shared space

magenta crystal (world boss for schematic, waters which could be obtained through out the zone, freezing water which would be a shared space on hoth, ghost which would be a shared quest hub)

Orobird pet (eggs gathered from shared areas, hatched in shared quest hub)

which means it is probably in the dune sea.

People were talking about an enduring tauntaun on ilum. Also about a tiny one.

I went there to check it out. The enduring one doesn't seem like anything, but the tiny one could be something.

Ilum @ 1017, 902

http://i40.tinypic.com/wiamau.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/21jr7k9.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2wprn01.jpg

This tauntaun is TINY, like a pebble tiny. Also, not clickable. Still, it's a lead.

In the same forum thread someone made a map out of the tiny one. I went to the spot, but I didn't find anything there either. Maybe it was the wrong spot, or because I don't have the jerky...dunno. Either way, here's the map they drew:

http://i42.tinypic.com/1gj13o.jpg

I hope this helps, I'll try at it.

Some of this will be repeat information but I've spent the day going after these things in between PvP and this is what I've gotten:

Alderan Orokeet from under the broken bridges. Spawns every 4 hours on the dot. Once you grab the egg you take it to Tattooine and get the moisture parts, then go to the czerka shack, stand between the solar panels, and click on the egg in your inventory.

1 of the Tauntauns (the Taunling) can get dropped by Gargath. I got it on our first try. We beat him with 8, 2 heals, 2 tanks, the rest DPS. Tried it later, a second time (4-5 hour boss respawn, I think) and did it with 2 heals, 1 tank, 3 DPS. All 50's with 125+ gear. That time he dropped the schematic for the Ice Scrabbler Jerky, but no pet. So now I'm sending the schem off to a a friend with biochem and searching Hoth for where to take the jerky once I've got it made.

Going to check Ilum to see if I can find where the Ice Scrabbler Liver drops - will post again when I find either of those two things. If you know where either of those are, please post.