4.5 Best things for a Mercenary

BlueRedzx

So, as a newer player, I need help and suggestions on specific things that would help me be better as a player, So, first question I may ask, Best stats in order for a mercenary, and best augments to take .

you don't say whether you are asking for pve or pvp, and they are very different.

for pvp: get your crit to ~1300 - ~1500, and your alacrity to ~800. some people like to use accuracy in pvp, while others do not. i personally, do not, and swap out all the accuracy pieces that come in the pvp gear. at the very least you will need to swap out 2 of them, since under no circumstances do you need more than 5% for pvp. it doesn't matter how you get there, or what stat is on what piece as long as you get to the total number on each stat that you are looking for, but most likely you will need mostly crit and a few alacrity augments.

for pve, get your crit to ~1300 and your alacrity to ~800. you will need accuracy for pve, once you start pulling on hm operations bosses. make sure you have 100%/110% accuracy before going into hm ops, and that takes ~700 points. the total stat budget for pve is higher than pvp (224 vs. 208 gear) so you get an "extra" 700 points to place in accuracy while keeping your crit and alacrity about the same.

one note: the stat budgets i list here are for best in slot gear. 208 fully augged for pvp and 224, for pve. most likey your gear is not that good yet and so will fall a little short in most stats. you want to keep the correct proportions on your gear, specifically the ratios of the stats to each other. so, for example, you want your alacrity to be about 2/3 the amount of crit you have for any tier of gear. the only exception to that is accuracy. you don't need any accuracy before going into hm operations, but you must have 100%/110% in there.

the last thing i will tell you is what pieces to pick for pve. you will most likely be starting with crystal gear since that is the most accessible. make sure that before you buy a piece, check which stat is on the token vendor piece and buy the crystal piece that has the same stat. for example, if the token head piece for your class and spec has alacrity on it, then buy the crystal piece that also has alacrity on it. this allows you to get the correct proportions (min/max) early and keep it while you improve your gear.

EDIT: sloppy, sloppy in a couple places so made corrections to be correct.

Edited by sumquy

So, as a newer player, I need help and suggestions on specific things that would help me be better as a player, So, first question I may ask, Best stats in order for a mercenary, and best augments to take .

Everything the previous poster said is correct, (with the assumption you are dps, if you are heals I believe you want your crit and alacrity to be about the same), but far more important is knowing your rotation, so checking this guide will get you started:

http://dulfy.net/2015/12/02/swtor-4-0-mercenary-dps-pve-guide-by-marisi/

Everything the previous poster said is correct, (with the assumption you are dps, if you are heals I believe you want your crit and alacrity to be about the same), but far more important is knowing your rotation, so checking this guide will get you started:

http://dulfy.net/2015/12/02/swtor-4-0-mercenary-dps-pve-guide-by-marisi/

ya i did leap to the assumption that he was a dps. prob should have asked at least. lol