Could Darth Sidious be Vitiate?Or maybe he is the Son of The Ones (no TOR spoilers)

TheRomanRuler

Warning: There may always be minor spoilers when we talk about story and lore. If you don`t want any spoilers of any kind, stop reading.

Think about it, Vitiate can not be confirmed to have been killed. He ruled at least 1300 years. His body died multiple times. It can not be confirmed that his spirit ever died. So i wonder, could his spirit have lived on in upcoming siths like Darth Sidious? We know that Sith Emperor has had multiple host bodies, and has thus been killed or died multiple times. Yet always he lived on. Sometimes in very different form. Sith Emperor is very different in Knights of the Fallen Empire as he was before. And multiple siths have been known to die multiple times and become back thousands of years later. So maybe spirit of the sith Emperor has lived in many siths, like Darth Sidious for example. And altough name may mean absolutely nothing, Sith Emperor`s name has changed also. He was born as Tenebrae. Certain sith lord named Darth Tenebrae would one day train Darth Plagueis, who in turn would train Darth Sidious.

Sidious is very different from Vitiate. Vitiate is very different from Valkorion.

It also is possible that we are talking about Abeloth. Wookiepedia describes that Sith Emperor`s species was at first Sith, and among various others - a force entity. Abeloth is also force entity. Vitiate may also have been one of The Ones. Abeloth was the mother and then there were Son, Daughter and Father. Daughter and Father were light side or neutral, and Abeloth and Son were dark side or neutral. Maybe Vitiate is so different from Valkorion becouse Vitiate is Abeloth, while Valkorion is the son.

Its not like they are going to sit around in Mortis without doing anything ever. It easily is possible that they have intervened more than once or twice here and there. Who knows, maybe the ones never died either.

Edited by TheRomanRuler

He's evidently supposed to be greed personified, we haven't seen him do anything incontrovertibly light-sided, and it is the Son's nature to do that which is selfish.

And Cosinga Palpatine's last words were "If the Force birthed you, then I curse it." Even he didn't have any idea where his "son" came from. It's highly unlikely that Sidious just Vitiate reincarnate, but it would be a neat explanation. There's no way in hell either of them is Abeloth, tho; she was just a normal, mortal Force-user content with living by the Ones' sides (about 100,000 years before Vitiate/Valkorion was even born).

By the way: it was Darth Tenebrous.

Edited by NekoAggelou

Warning: There may always be minor spoilers when we talk about story and lore. If you don`t want any spoilers of any kind, stop reading.

Think about it, Vitiate can not be confirmed to have been killed. He ruled at least 1300 years. His body died multiple times. It can not be confirmed that his spirit ever died. So i wonder, could his spirit have lived on in upcoming siths like Darth Sidious? We know that Sith Emperor has had multiple host bodies, and has thus been killed or died multiple times. Yet always he lived on. Sometimes in very different form. Sith Emperor is very different in Knights of the Fallen Empire as he was before. And multiple siths have been known to die multiple times and become back thousands of years later. So maybe spirit of the sith Emperor has lived in many siths, like Darth Sidious for example. And altough name may mean absolutely nothing, Sith Emperor`s name has changed also. He was born as Tenebrae. Certain sith lord named Darth Tenebrae would one day train Darth Plagueis, who in turn would train Darth Sidious.

Sidious is very different from Vitiate. Vitiate is very different from Valkorion.

Just for the record, Plagueis' master was named Darth Tenebrous while Valkorion original Sith name was Tenebrae (changed to Vitiate after being promoted to Lord). Besides Tenebrous was a Bith and Tenebrae was a Pureblood Sith.

Don't think Sidious and Vitiate can be the same person:

- Vitiate mastered death while Sidious struggled through his life to do so and in the end couldn't extend his lifespan much longer than his original body's death (in EU\Legends) as his hosts were unstable both mentally and physically.

- If Sidious was Vitiate, he wouldn't be too bothered by destruction of his body (I think simultanous destruction of two hosts and other vessels of his essence is what weakend him in the class stories) as long as his original Sith body is intact.

- Sidious followed the Rule of Two. Vitiate would probably returned to old Sith Empire ways once he conquered the whole galaxy.

It also is possible that we are talking about Abeloth. Wookiepedia describes that Sith Emperor`s species was at first Sith, and among various others - a force entity. Abeloth is also force entity. Vitiate may also have been one of The Ones. Abeloth was the mother and then there were Son, Daughter and Father. Daughter and Father were light side or neutral, and Abeloth and Son were dark side or neutral. Maybe Vitiate is so different from Valkorion becouse Vitiate is Abeloth, while Valkorion is the son.

Its not like they are going to sit around in Mortis without doing anything ever. It easily is possible that they have intervened more than once or twice here and there. Who knows, maybe the ones never died either.

Now you may be onto something here... That brings me to a question: was Tenebrae his real original body? Now let's see:

- Tenebrae was born with black eyes (that fact was later brought back in the Reclaimed Treasure alert). In the game unusual eye color is usually sign of possession \ outside influence (Dark Side, Killik joining, possession by a Force Ghost).

- Tenebrae's family wasn't known for great Force potential and yet Tenebrae was powerful enough to take over entire planet at young age.

- Vitiate was able to survive in his incorporeal mobile form for long periods of time. It's a trait unique to him, as Sith ghosts are usually bound to some physical obiect (Exar Kun - Yavin temple, Muur - the talisman, Andeddu - holocron etc.) He was also able to maintain multiple host bodies at the same time - something unique to him and Abeloth only.

As for the Ones, all we know about them is that they were some kind of remnants of Celestial civilisation and Abeloth used their tehnology \ rituals to transcend death. While I don't think Valkorion is a son of the Ones, he can be another remnant of the Celestials.

i mean, bioware has pushed vitiate up to a level that he's gone beyond anyone we've seen in the movies. there's no way anyone could ever make me believe sidious is stronger than him at this point, he's hitting dbz levels of op.

so no, i don't think he's sidious. even having us kill him at the end of this story line is going to be unbelievable. they need to just have him decide he wants to see the universe instead of ruling in this galaxy anymore. make him leave the galaxy and either never be heard from again or to be heard from again at a much much much later date.

i don't think he's one of the ones, either. because anakin in episode three is supposed to have experienced all that clone wars crap and the ones, and there's just nothing in episode three that even remotely shows a fraction of the power that vitiate has. it's getting ridiculous, honestly.

I haven't read them but wasn't Palpatine pretty OP in the Emperor Reborn comic storyline? Something about making a force storm that consumed an entire fleet of starships and the Empire's super weapon of the week.

He was - but he was pretty much crazy in that storyline - not a brilliant manipulator we know from the movies, but rather a powerful madman

shooting his galactic gun and causing storms that destroy HIS fleet with HIM on board :)

• 2 weeks later...
Sidious wasn't that powerful, he was just very, very clever and manipulative. He became Emperor through politics and mostly due to the work of Darth Plageuis and his master Darth Tenebrous. Since both SWTOR and the Darth Plagueis novel is in the same EU, they would follow the same rules. Thus Palpatine is NOT Vitiate incarnate.

• 3 weeks later...
Sidious wasn't that powerful, he was just very, very clever and manipulative. He became Emperor through politics and mostly due to the work of Darth Plageuis and his master Darth Tenebrous. Since both SWTOR and the Darth Plagueis novel is in the same EU, they would follow the same rules. Thus Palpatine is NOT Vitiate incarnate.

I think Lucas said Sid was the most powerful Sith in the history of the Sith.