Smuggler story

Cuiwe

I forgot finer details, so this is why I turn to you:

Can it be played in a Stoic / Professional way? Almost dead serious like BH's? I am asking this because, ultimately, Gunslinger fits the idea of my character better than anything over on BH(I thought I could "Gunsling" some on Mercenary, but that turned out wrong: mostly missiles and rail guns and what not). Plus BH's story is...meh. Apart from goofiness, I found Smuggler's to be better.

I disliked goofiness of it to be honest. But the classes themselves are very fun.

Edited by Cuiwe

Not that I know of.

Many convos will offer serious options, but they usually aren't apparent from the selection wheel.

So, only with SERIOUS research? I hate it how the dialogue choices aren't apparent, but are more like Jack in a box.

Also, is there any reason why a Smuggler wouldn't be serious or professional? There has to be more to that profession than Han Solo. Similar to difference between Mira and most BHs.

I think if you picked the top/LS option every time, that might be the closest to stoic/professional. But there's probably still a lot of goofy mixed in.

Also, picking options where you ask questions rather than make statements may work. I think the question options are usually pretty emotionless for most classes.

I think if you picked the top/LS option every time, that might be the closest to stoic/professional. But there's probably still a lot of goofy mixed in.

Also, picking options where you ask questions rather than make statements may work. I think the question options are usually pretty emotionless for most classes.

Honestly, I wanted to do something with my BH and seeing how...stern and professional he is(hey, LS), I thought I could move him over to a class that shared more of his expertise: Gun expertise. Namely Gunslinger. But I'm not certain the story persona would fit tbh. ...Mercenary needs a Discipline that revolves around guns imo. Inn.Ord's not too far away, but when compared to D.Fighting or Sharpshooter, especially Sharpshooter...you quickly become aware how not gun related Inn.Ord actually is. Imo, it's equally gun focused as Saboteur is. Meaning 50 / 50? Even less?

In my opinion, the better way to play professionnal with the smuggler is to choose the LS options and to work for the Republic. Choice 1 is usually the heroic, patriotic option, choice two is the greedy or goofy option and choice 3 the criminal or cowardly option. A professionnal smuggler would be mainly choice 1 with some choice2. As for the occasionnal goofy situation, they are unavoidable in the smuggler's story.

I forgot finer details, so this is why I turn to you:

Can it be played in a Stoic / Professional way? Almost dead serious like BH's?

Well, not *dead* serious, but I think I could achieve hat to some degree with my light side decisions. Especially at later levels.

It's been a while since I played that story through, though.

In my opinion, the better way to play professionnal with the smuggler is to choose the LS options and to work for the Republic. Choice 1 is usually the heroic, patriotic option, choice two is the greedy or goofy option and choice 3 the criminal or cowardly option. A professionnal smuggler would be mainly choice 1 with some choice2. As for the occasionnal goofy situation, they are unavoidable in the smuggler's story.

This is also my impression.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

• 1 month later...

I mean, it's an interesting story and the dialogue is perfect, but:

a) I feel wrong. Instead of a BH with a strong set of morals, I've a mafia don(basically). I mean, the power base is fascinating and only matched by Consular and Inquisitor. But it's not my character. Well...not really. Add to this the following fact:

b) I'm sure that M.Sterling's VO work is great and all, but...he sounds wrong to me. Almost like he's tryharding to have that H.Ford "Idgaf" tone(and failing imo). Most of the time he sounds like doesn't care about what's happening. I mean, people object against North or Hayter's VOs, but not against this? It doesn't sound even half as good as Spackman's BH VO.

The Gunslinger class and the story are ok, but...it's not it. It's funny how much of a morale and other beliefs a BH(a paid killer) can have, yet Smuggler is...closer to Inq in its morality than to anything else really. A shame.

edit: I mean it's weird. The character looks cool(maybe even more so than a BH), it has got even more interesting moves...but it's not him. Too cowardly and stuff if you get me. A weird predicament, no?

Edited by Cuiwe

You should try agent if you want to go stoic 'Yes sir' never blink .

The smuggler..is filled with alot of funny stuffy . Think of a brat with a gun . Indiana Jones like .

I love how my Trooper was, to quote from Coruscant, "bla bla bla orders disobeyed Garza" -> "I am ALWAYS going to do what I think is right" -> "Then you won't last very long at all"(Garza). Very straightforward, sincere and heroic. Also, if you're to trust Jung, get that relation :p . Agent is too sleazy for me. And the m voice is ugh. No.

My Smuggler is actually like a mix of Tony Soprano and Han Solo lol. What have I created? :eek:

never saw the movies...:D so no idea who is that .

Haha really? You should, it's so good! And Han Solo is basically the Smuggler, or inspiration for the class either ways. Don't expect a lot of discipline there. A rebel with a good heart, when mostly LS.

Just thought it was funny cos Ford plays Han Solo, as well as Indiana Jones who you mentioned and your description, worked, lol.

So, I finished it.

The conclusion is that it's a very good and a very fun story. Though I think that I found the answer to my question. I mean, it's better than BH's(that one could've been WAY better), but...Akaavi just convinced me how much better the Mandalorians fit what I'm looking for over various Spacer Billy the Kids. Just the pure strength of conviction of those(Mandos) is...fantastic really.

I guess that I spend like a forthnight or something for nothing at all. Lol. You learn something new every day. :rolleyes:

Now, if I only could be Rep sided BH...

oh one more thing: Is there any way to avoid the romance with Mako without being ultra rude?

So, I finished it.

The conclusion is that it's a very good and a very fun story. Though I think that I found the answer to my question. I mean, it's better than BH's(that one could've been WAY better), but...Akaavi just convinced me how much better the Mandalorians fit what I'm looking for over various Spacer Billy the Kids. Just the pure strength of conviction of those(Mandos) is...fantastic really.

I guess that I spend like a forthnight or something for nothing at all. Lol. You learn something new every day. :rolleyes:

Now, if I only could be Rep sided BH...

oh one more thing: Is there any way to avoid the romance with Mako without being ultra rude?

Ah Akaaavi...why YA NOT SMOOCHE MY SMUGGLER FEMALE! :p

Seriously , she is so ****** . I love her !

Bounty Hunter story is good too . At least , chapter 1 was alot of fun . Chapter 2 bored me , but the twist at the end was enjoyable .

Ew poor Mako ! if you don't romance Mako..she will go and get ditched by that Justin Bieber Torian . So have a heart and romance her ! :D

Hum....romance in this game are simple . Just be nice , and don't pick the flirt options . So you won't be forced into a romance with her . If you pick a flirt just once , the stupid game will lock you in the romance . SO DONT CLICK ON FLIRT REPLY !