Revisit Class story content

zerorsw

So first off, I think quite a lot of the community at large would enjoy at least once the option to replay through our class story content. Lets face it, once a person reaches level 50 there isn't a whole lot to do beyond obtaining better gear and PvP. Personally I have a theory about mini games in MMOs and the variation they can provide to 'end of progression' monotony stages of a game, but that's for another day and another topic.

So the only real viable method of revisiting story content I feel; Is through a scaled up hardmode'esk variation available once you've completed the class story, and reached level 50. At this point of the suggestion it doesn't really matter how it gets done, the finer details are really inconsequential. Its just a matter of UI, reward, and code adjustments. Its basically recycled content for the better of the community, and there aren't really any downsides to the idea.

Being able to revisit the story you've already completed it, feels like something that should have been there from the gate. I don't want to have to make another character just to see the story again. And i'm sure there are a great many other players out there that feel the same way.

Edited by zerorsw
Updated with Full thoughts

already been suggested:p

but keep it as one day they may do it:D

I went through a few pages of suggestion threads and couldn't find anything close to it. So I thought I would bring it up. When I wake up later today (hopefully I can actually get some rest with this cold) I'm going to post some more detailed thoughts on the idea.

Edited by zerorsw

Here's a recent one: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=548419

And this one could nicely tie into it: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=579348

They're not exactly thesame idea, but both could basically extend the playability of a class beyond the end of the class-story. Operations, PvP, crafting, or even flashpoints aren't for everybody. Allowing the players to revisit their class stories, but scaled up to lvl 50-55, would allow for a very efficient re-use of game assets.

I really hope this makes it in soon, especially before Makeb (incentives to revisit old areas mentioned by Hickman last nite?). would be great to remind ourselves of the class stories and make some different choices if we weren't happy with them. I'd enjoy companion dialogue reset, too.

As I do with all these topics, I'm showing my support of this idea now.

I love this idea, it is something I have wanted in the game since the moment I finished my first class story. It would also be fairly easy to implement as most class story missions take place within phases, including the very first one. Scaling these phases could be as simple as scaling a flashpoint to a hard mode. They could even sell tokens on the cartel market that would allow a story reset without losing your character.

I've heard several possible issues that this could cause: What about companions? What about guilds wanting me to raid and I'm still on Korriban or Hutta, ect.

Here are the solutions to these:

1. During a certain section of the Warrior's story, Malavai is unavailable for use, a similar system could be implemented here if need be.

2. I can't imagine why they'd take away your ship to do this, but if they do, you still have access to the fleet using the shuttle and fleet pass, all raids take place there. Not an issue at all.

Please BioWare, make this happen.

As I do with all these topics, I'm showing my support of this idea now.

Please BioWare, make this happen.

Like with any new content there is bound to be some minor bugs or issues that would have to be hashed out. However I'm sure that bioware would be able to take of it fairly quick; These things are no-brainers during the development process. This kind of stuff isn't really primary point of discussion for me really. The main point should be simply that it should get implemented. I feel its content that would have made sense to have there from the beginning.