Slowest MMO XP on the market.... pls increase xp for leveling

cohmwk

Those were the days in Everquest anno 1999 when I sat on behind and meditated for 5-6 minutes in skeleton form with my Erudite necromancer, so that I could pull another Barbarian from the fisher village in west karana and fear kite it. This was just so fun so I did it for hours on end. Ultra fast leveling back then.... Edited by Coltraine

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an MMO "veteran." That's in quotation marks because despite the fact that I've played several MMOs over the past decade or so, I've never actually hit the level cap in any of them.

Except in SWTOR. My level 55 Sorc is my first (and currently only) MMO character to ever reach a level cap.

The XP is fine. Perhaps even too high. If you feel significantly under-leveled, you've probably skipped a rather sizable chunk of content during your rush to the cap. Just from doing all the side missions I could find and trying all of the heroics and flashpoints at least once (and usually just once), I hit 55 before I even went to Makeb. That's also with no PvP whatsoever.

hmmm D3= i botted that and it still took 4 days straight (my bot was on day and night running in background) for me to hit max lvl.

WoW= lvl1-20 was fast then it seemed like an eternity to reach 90...

Rift= that was SLOOOOOOW to hit max lvl. even with a bot and map hacks..

This game is very fluid to level in. there are dozens of ways to lvl up and make it level up even fast than normal. The OP needs to be trolling. because if ANYTHING...we should be able to slow down exp or stop it like a few other games have done.

with the 2x exp weekend coming up...you will see people create new toons and lvl them to 55 in 2 days.

But ya...exp gain is too slow *rolls eyes*:D

hmmm D3= i botted that and it still took 4 days straight (my bot was on day and night running in background) for me to hit max lvl.

WoW= lvl1-20 was fast then it seemed like an eternity to reach 90...

Rift= that was SLOOOOOOW to hit max lvl. even with a bot and map hacks..

This game is very fluid to level in. there are dozens of ways to lvl up and make it level up even fast than normal. The OP needs to be trolling. because if ANYTHING...we should be able to slow down exp or stop it like a few other games have done.

with the 2x exp weekend coming up...you will see people create new toons and lvl them to 55 in 2 days.

But ya...exp gain is too slow *rolls eyes*:D

HAHA 4 days , took 2.3hours before XP event takes me 57mins during current XP event from 1-60

Guys, I'm a veteran of several MMO's in the last 10 years and I have to tell you... leveling in Star Wars is brutal.

Seriously guys, I love the game and think its one of the best MMO's in the last 10 years and once the new Star Wars movies hit, you guys are going to get a nice boost to membership numbers but...

Have you bothered to compare to EVE Online. It takes roughly 20+ years to train everything to max level in that game.

HAHA 4 days , took 2.3hours before XP event takes me 57mins during current XP event from 1-60

4 days was last year. I stopped playing when they were saying they wanted to get rid of the RMAH. And this was before any kind of event in the game. and max lvl was lvl60(100)...so maybe thats the difference between our times.

and in my original comment I said Rift...that was supposed to be MapleStory

Edited by anesvik

So everybody else posts mainly to disagree, but you post mainly to complain?

To the OP:

What level are you? On my first toon, level 30-40 seemed slow. I believe this is due to the fact that around that time, how the class plays changes. For many specs, that is the first time signature abilities are unlocked (e.g. Precision Slash, Barrage, Emergency Medpack, etc), that really affect how the class plays. If you don't master those, it takes much longer to kill the mobs, extending the grind.

Remember that most of your xp comes for turning in quests, as opposed to killing mobs.

That may be the issue. In WoW at least, you can grind mobs for XP, and it seemed that you didn't need the quests for more XP. You could also do battlegrounds with fast queue pop, and level that way (5 levels in a few hours in WoW was nothing if you PvPd). Not to make assumptions on OP, but this game also doesn't have macros or botting, so it's not 1 button to do everything for you.

To OP: leveling your first character is always, always slow. You're learning the game, the mechanics, figuring out which playstyle you prefer, and you don't have enough Legacy unlocks to help. Once your first hits max level, then it's a breeze. You will be familiar with the game, the areas, and even the flashpoints or warzones. 50-55 you need never go to Makeb, just do dailies and you will be 55 in no time at all. Take it from a terribly slow leveler - there are so many ways to level, so many shortcuts and boosts, that you will outlevel your planet, and gear, in less time than you think.

Try this experiment: go to one planet while underleveled (1-2 levels below recommended). Do ALL quests on that planet, including Heroics, area, bonus and class quests. By the time you finish the planet completely, you will have outleveled the planet.

Completely disagree with the OP.. Leveling doesn't need to be made even faster.

You can't compare that you can get to level 55 faster in lets say Wow to getting to level 55 here.. You have to compare how long does it get to max level in WoW vs here.. Honestly it is comparable. With the freebie xp buffs that you get from completing your class quests, I also normally purchase one 5 pack of the 3 hour with CC, normal rested from being logged off over night etc.. I can level either game in about 5 days played. (+/- a little time depending on how hard it is to come by specific crafting mats).

Then to top it off Bioware does things like this coming weekend where you get freebie xp on top of all the other bonus's.

About the only thing that will be faster is when Blizzard eventually puts up the purchasable level 90's..

Oh god please NO!

I am a subscriber, am not in a guild so no guild bonus, never use the XP buffs (I throw the free ones away) and I never play a levelling character during double XP weekends. I only do class quests and the main planet quest lines plus a daily FP when levelling yet my characters are consistently 3 - 5 levels above the content they are running and I regularly hit level 55 on Voss. The last thing I need is more XP.

If there was such a thing as an XP debuff that made you gain XP more slowly then I would use it.

I completely disagree. I've played several MMOs over nearly 10 years as well and SWTOR has by far been almost too fast. Even back at launch when there was less ways to boost XP, less ways to travel, and less content to do in general, I got to max level in about 3 weeks. With Double XP you can probably get a max level toon in a weekend.

Also, leveling in Wildstar is definitely much slower, I can say from experience. :p

Edited by chuixupu

Guys, I'm a veteran of several MMO's in the last 10 years and I have to tell you... leveling in Star Wars is brutal.

Seriously guys, I love the game and think its one of the best MMO's in the last 10 years and once the new Star Wars movies hit, you guys are going to get a nice boost to membership numbers but...

pls for the love of all that is good in MMO's.... increase the xp, its the primary reason I don't play as much as I would like to, it just seems like forever to level. I'm in a guild on my characters, paying subscriber and use the xp buffs when I can but man just seems really sloooooowwww.......

Don't want to unsub cause I really do love to log in and play from time to time but thinking of either renewing my sub with WOW or going to Wildstar once I see the reviews.

Hmmm...

Edited by Joesixxpack

I guess that explains why I'm always 3-4 levels over content and have to skip planets completely (other than class stories)... it's because xp gain is slow. Thank you for clearing up the confusion. Edited by Couver

p.s. wildstar is awesome much better than wow and much better than this game.

Duran'del here:

Quite honestly, I don't find F2P leveling very slow. The whole point of EXP boosts is to help you level.

And "wild star is awesome" is your opinion. I'm not even going to take you seriously if you're a native English speaker because you have atrocious grammar.

Just another "I want an end game toon and I don't want to level for it" gamer.

The leveling in SWTOR is just fine. In fact, I think it goes by too fast. The storylines are awesome and if you're whizzing through them, you're missing the best part of the game.

(It should be noted the original poster has not returned to this thread)

man this is the easiest fastest leveling in any mmo ive seen short of gw2 .. this games feeds you xp

you end up 90 percent over leveled on a planet . i don know what the op is smoking but its good stuff please pass it along

I'm an MMO "veteran." That's in quotation marks because despite the fact that I've played several MMOs over the past decade or so, I've never actually hit the level cap in any of them.

Except in SWTOR. My level 55 Sorc is my first (and currently only) MMO character to ever reach a level cap.

The XP is fine. Perhaps even too high. If you feel significantly under-leveled, you've probably skipped a rather sizable chunk of content during your rush to the cap. Just from doing all the side missions I could find and trying all of the heroics and flashpoints at least once (and usually just once), I hit 55 before I even went to Makeb. That's also with no PvP whatsoever.

I agree with you.. for subs especially. I tend to do all quests/heroics once before moving onto the next planet. with this and rested xp (not even using the free xp rewards from quests) I am usually 3-5 levels above the next planet beginning quests.

I think for non-subs its more on par with the xp reduction and inability to rest. even with those reductions i think the level structure and xp is fine.