Any companions leaving us in the future without having a say?

MusicRider

As we all know

HK55 sacrifices himself. Are there any other surprises like that in the future so that we won't bother raising their influence which is costly and painful?

Kind of need an official answer to this, at least to know that it is in our grasp who stays and who goes.

I thought about this as well. So I will be throwing tons of influence into Hk-51 just in-case Senya disappears on me. They probably will not tell you who will leave in the future. I would pick a companion you know won't be leaving you if you are that concerned about it and shove gifts down their throat. Edited by Pandagaro

I thought about this as well. So I will be throwing tons of influence into Hk-51 just in-case Senya disappears on me. They probably will not tell you who will leave in the future. I would pick a companion you know won't be leaving you if you are that concerned about it and shove gifts down their throat.

HK51 is a pain to raise influence as he does not have any "love" gifts. Treek seems the safest option, and with an account wide unlock is a safe bet. In any case annoying as it gets so could be used as a crew skill mule.

How are we supposed to know?

Hmm maybe someone's mom dates bioware's script writer or maybe thier MOM is the scriptwriter.

But if that isn't the case then theres probably noone who can realy give you a legit answer.

The question is not about who stays and who goes, but rather we have a say on that avoiding another situation like the one described in the spoiler tag of the OP.

It'll probably have to be a mandatory companion (since optional ones may not be there to begin with)

I agree with this. This is why I stopped focusing on the main character companions. I really liked HK-55, may his circuits rest in peace. But that's OK, M1-4X is closing in on the power of the Jesus bot.

Edited by Master-Nala

And who are deemed mandatory companions other than HK51 and Treek for certain I would say?

I think he meant the companions in the "Main Characters" section, i.e. those mandatory to the story. Those are the only ones that are probably at risk of being killed. The optional or purchased companions probably have no chance of dying.

Those are the only ones that are probably at risk of being killed. The optional or purchased companions probably have no chance of dying.

I agree about purchased companions but I am not so sure about others. I think any of them could be taken for some episodic content and never return then

Vik

So I think purchasable companions are safest.

Bioware has already stated that some companions will leave/attempt to betray you if they don't like what you're doing. They also said that some of your choices could cause or prevent the death of others. Given they have a confirmation screen just to lock in a romance, I wouldn't be surprised if they do that if you're about to kill a companion through a decision. Dragon Age Inquisition did this when deciding between Hawke and the warden, it specifically let you know what each action at your disposal would yield.

Bioware has already stated that some companions will leave/attempt to betray you if they don't like what you're doing. They also said that some of your choices could cause or prevent the death of others. Given they have a confirmation screen just to lock in a romance, I wouldn't be surprised if they do that if you're about to kill a companion through a decision. Dragon Age Inquisition did this when deciding between Hawke and the warden, it specifically let you know what each action at your disposal would yield.

Oooo...now that is a good idea. Confirmation on choices that will kill off companions if it's not out right obvious (like killing Vik is obvious).