Poor Reward for completion of HM Flashpoints

Does anyone else find it completely unbalanced that for completion of a Hardmode Flashpoint that you are granted 1 single tionese commendation?

If any commendations are given, they should be of the tier of the loot that the final boss drops.

ie, normal level 50 FPs, should grant tionese

Hard Mode should drop Columi.

And 1 single measley commendation?!?! I would suggest that, an overhaul of the commendation reward process is necessary. Black Hole Commendations are far more easily available than Columi. It should not be so.

At least you can get columi comms from the daily and Weekly, especially if you can't get into a normal storymode Operation.

I will not say that the tionese tier should be gotten rid of completely, because that is a necessary tier for progression from storymode level 50 flashpoints to HardMode, even though, you can

1) Purchase Tionese level equivalents and better from the GTN amd

2) The PVP Recruit Set that all players get at levle 50 is of a standard to successfully tackle Hardmode Flashpionts.

So, with this all in mind, I say again that I find the reward of 1 single tionese commendation for the completion of a Hardmode Flashpoint very meagre and useless.

I would point out that the other rewards from the flashpoint are supposed to be the loot drops from the bosses; columi token drops from the final boss and xenotech, tionese, exotech and even columi parts from intermediate bosses (tier 1), though if people skip the bosses they will also lose these.

Thanks guys,

while I am well aware of what you're both saying, my major irk is with the solitary Tionese Comm you get for a HM.

It just seems wrong.

It already is easy to be fully Columi-geared within a week of hitting 50. They don't really need to make it even easier.

solitary Tionese Comm you get for a HM.

Technically, you get the Tionese Comm for defeating the final boss. The reward for completing the HM itself is attached to the random GF and the daily and weekly quests (which are much more substantial).

Technically, you get the Tionese Comm for defeating the final boss. The reward for completing the HM itself is attached to the random GF and the daily and weekly quests (which are much more substantial).

Actually, the single Tionese comm is the reward for completing the HM FP quest (even LI). Some bosses also have a single Tionese comm on them as loot.

The bigger issue is the huge number of useless crystals that are dropped. I am sure prior to 1.2 when HMs had a lockout the crystal:comm ratio was better thanks to the dailies. Now, even after converting all my Tionese comms to credits, I still have 500 surplus crystals.

It also irks me that Tionese is pretty much a dead tier. Recruit is more than enough to get into HM FPs and SM Ops. Columi and Exotech drops are all over the place. My latest 50 was full 56 mods (aside from hilt) 24 hours after hitting 50. Without sending any mods across from other characters, just from running HM FPs.

As it stands: Tionese is only useful for filling gaps in your Columi set.

To be honest I agree with the topic except for different reason. A single drop of a Columi piece at the end of a Hard Mode was never a good enticement to constantly farm to hope to get a drop. Sometimes the relevant token drop for one's class wouldn't drop for months. Some even speculated that the game is knowingly selecting the class that is not in the group to trololol everyone. All these aside, Story mode operation is a far easier way to acquire gear in comparison to HM farm. I can safely say apart from a single piece I've never used a direct loot from a Hard mode. All Hard Modes are good for, in my opinion, is that they give Black Hole Commendations.

I agree story mode operations are a good place to get gear. BUT, unless you are in a really active guild it is hard to get into operations at all. They take forever to pop in the group finder, and some aren't even available.

My time to play is generally after work, early evening around 7-10. Not much going on then during week on my server for operations. Both of my main toons are mostly Columi/Black Hole now...I think, in order to get Rakata I have to play operations more (some one correct me if I am wrong).