Game Update 6.1.2 - Known Issues

CommunityTeam

Hi,

For visibility, we added the Crew Skills bug back to the known issues list:

• Our team is currently looking into the Crew Skills bug affecting players who didn't have their Crew Skills rank restored to its pre-reset value with last patch, 6.1.2b.

And how about fixing the Quick Play Mode bug ffs? I mean this is violation of Terms of Service, I play the subscription fee yet I can not use the product owing to a bug you do not give a f*ck to fix. Anyone got a solution?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And how about fixing the Quick Play Mode bug ffs? I mean this is violation of Terms of Service, I play the subscription fee yet I can not use the product owing to a bug you do not give a f*ck to fix. Anyone got a solution?

I used this method to fix 2 of my guildie's machines that were stuck in quickplay mode. Maybe it will be helpful for you. Please note this will require nearly a full game download.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/Guide-How-to-Switch-to-Non-Streaming-Launcher/m-p/4867417#M27

Just wanted to add my thoughts on the crew skill issue. I noticed a while back then when you use to the token to grant a level 70 character, it granted you 600 in some random crew skills but allowed you to progress to 700 without purchasing the skill from them crew skill trainers. Now what I think happened is that when the patch hit it actually fixed this and reset those who granted a level 70 to 600 as it should have been in the first place. This happened to me, i then purchased the skill and then did the grind to 700 again.

Our team is currently looking into the Crew Skills bug affecting players who didn't have their Crew Skills rank restored to its pre-reset value with last patch, 6.1.2b.

Checked 52 characters yesterday and it fixed 4 of them. The rest aren’t fixed and some are in an even worse position than they were before the patch.

The simplest solution I’ve seen suggested on the forums is to just boost everyone in the next patch to 700 who has 600/600. At the same time remove the 500,000 to open up 600 to 700.

What ever the reason for adding it to start with, besides a credit sink, it is only having a negative affect on the crafting population of the game and therefore a negative affect on the whole game because many people have left over all the rubbish the crafting community has been put through since 6.0 launched.

So just totally remove this stupid 500,000 credit sink. Throw the crafters a bone and stop making us not want to do it anymore or even stop playing the game.

Out of the 25 or so that should all have been fixed back to 700/700 for each of their professions, only four Alts had all 3 professions restored to 700/700.

Most of the others had one profession at 700/700 and the other two were 600/600.

But I had some that I know were 700 a month ago that now have weird number like 698/700 or 603/700.

I’ve also had others that weren’t at 600 lvl yet, but they were close and now they’ve either lost the whole profession as if I didn’t choose any or they’ve been significantly reduced.

My best guess is you did a roll back to data 3-4 months ago and then tried to meld it with current data and some of its accepted it and the rest is defaulted to 600 or rolled it back to 3-4 months ago Lvls. Which isn’t cool.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Soooo I see they posted on 06/24 that they are aware of the quickplay bug.... Has anyone seen a resolution to the issue. Coming up on a month without a fix??? Are the planets that my characters are on closed due to COVID?

Soooo I see they posted on 06/24 that they are aware of the quickplay bug.... Has anyone seen a resolution to the issue. Coming up on a month without a fix??? Are the planets that my characters are on closed due to COVID?

There is a work around fix.

Find your swtor launcher.exe file and right click on it and go to properties. Then select Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode and save,

This fixed the problem for me.

Hi,

For visibility, we added the Crew Skills bug back to the known issues list:

• Our team is currently looking into the Crew Skills bug affecting players who didn't have their Crew Skills rank restored to its pre-reset value with last patch, 6.1.2b.

Could you add to the list the Onderon explorer map bug too ? existing since April and no news since Thank you

For the crew skills issue, just remove 'Onslaught Crafting' (set max crew skill to 700 for everyone and remove the skill from trainers), then run an update that checks actual crew skill, and if equal to or greater than 600, sets actual to 700.

Either that or just come out and say the 'bug' was allowing people to access 700 without buying the 'Onslaught Crafting' , re-impose the fee, and set every crew skill for which the training has not been purchased back to 600.

At this point, I've already bought the skills on multiple characters - both back when it was required, and now because of the incompetence your team has shown in fixing the issue (I don't have months to wait while you keep screwing up the fix by not actually fixing anything such that my characters cannot use crew skills above 600 they previous could access).

So just stop trying to fix it while trying to re-impose the fee - remove 'Onslaught Crafting', set everyone at or above 600 to 700, and move on.

All your current efforts are just a giant waste of time - both of yours and ours.

Edited by BadeArtiimis

There is a work around fix.

Find your swtor launcher.exe file and right click on it and go to properties. Then select Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode and save,

This fixed the problem for me.

Holy ****! This worked!! Tried everything else, including re-installs. This simple step fixed the whole thing. THANKS!!:D

Hi developers, my name is Darius - the SoC leader in Star Forge

A lot of players was discovered and some of the others was informed about a giant issue in this game. It is about a conquest objective that require to craft 50 things in order to get an ammount of conquest points (depends of your stronghold bonus). This conquest objective must be reducted from infinitly repeatble to daily repeatble in order to stop it being exploited. There are some old legacy lvl 1 schematics that can bring to a player who craft them a huge ammount of conquest points and it's unfair. Those schematics can be used only by 8 years+ accounts who already have them since the moment they got (8 years ago) but no other players can use them. So, persons with this schematics can pump out big numbers for the guild(s) they are member of and that is create a huge advantage imposible to compete with.

All of this can be sorted if developers would be nice enough to wake up and either move schematics out of the game or to change the conquest objective from inifinte repeatble to daily repeatble. Otherwise the conquest cannot be fair.

We allied all together, tousands of ppl to report it. Please act.

Please share # everyone # message need to be heard # developers # customer service team # please thank you.

Hi developers, my name is <Redacted> leader in Star Forge /snip

There is nothing to report, if there was you'd message the community managers (who can actually do something), this is just you complaining because your guild can't win conquest, because another one is better organised, has more members, more dedicated, etc.

Also, after I logged in, I checked the CQ table, and it shows that the number 1 guild, is beating yours by about 30 million, and you both have over 200 million.....so by them getting over 200 million, they are 'cheating', but you getting over 200 million, isn't cheating? There's only 30 million in the difference, which means both guilds are probably doing the same thing, and spamming as much QC stuff as possible, to get to, and hold the number 1 spot. As I said, sounds more like sour crapes than anyone cheating....

Spamming it in several threads is pointless, and will get you in to trouble.

Edited by DarkTergon

Bioware,

Please fix the NO ROMANCE BUG for LANA BENIKO!

That should fix the Chapter 9 and the Cutscene for Jedi Under Siege, by allowing Lana to romance the character.

I did all the flirt options, and even now, i can´t do no more flirt on Lana because they don´t appear.

Please add some more Flirt options with Lana for us to re-engane the romance with her on Jedi under Siege, Onslaught and posterior Expansions... I want LANA by my side...

Best Regards,

LPC

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't paid much attention to Guild based things over the years, but the last time I checked, the Guild XP rate was supposed to be 2x Players Conquest XP. I'm the only player who has logged in this week and I've found the Guild XP rate is currently 1x my Conquest XP rate.

I have googled the xp conversion rates and the last dev posts here and on other sites still list it as 1CXP=2GXP.

The walker on Voss is still broken

The walker on Voss is STILL broken

THE WALKER ON VOSS IS STILL BROKEN

Seriously, there are half a dozen threads about this, some of them over a year old. It’s pretty much impossible to progress beyond chapter 1 of KOTET on Story Mode. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

• 2 weeks later...
ugh, that ^ could be a problem since it's taken me 9 years to get my ui's exactly how i like them on all toons :eek:

Any further details or work-a-rounds? What exactly does "older character" mean? "older" as in created-by which date? or "older" as in hasn't been logged in X amount of days prior to the patch?

Is it possible to save a character's ui settings client-side (within the SWTOR game folder) before downloading today's patch and/or before logging back into the game post-patch? And if so, would such action be preventative in avoiding the *bug* alltogether?

----

ALSO.... see these 2 threads please: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=980868 and http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=980866 ( And i would also be curious to know who/why this type of ui change was added in the first place? Just seems sorta arbitrary addition, which also seems to have been universally opposed/hated on PTS by testers )

---

Cool , thanks for updating your OP ... but 1 follow-up question please: Any chance we could also get an option to delete this new "welcome window" completely? I just don't understand why it's even needed tbqh . ( misguided foolish 'focus group' suggestion maybe? ) ... Or at least just please REVERT the code back to the original version.

Am unable to LOG INTO game due to the this new patch not working correctly 6.1.2d