Entering a walker ****s over my UI

Cruzqt

Hi, i use the default ui from swtor, no modifications, just moved some bars around that i need. All other bars are visible.

The 5.0 storyline is great fun but completing those few missions that involve entering a walker are a pain in the *** for me because EVERYTIME i do so, my UI bugs out completely, erases my normal bars and instead puts my mainbar in the middle of the screen, and instead of at least giving me the walker abilities, it gives me greyed out versions of my combat abilities which im certainly not able to use, so all i can do is rightclick my enemies. Right now im stuck in chapter 8 because of exactly that issue, killing power with just rightclick-stomping enemies is just not enough to get through there.

Why is a bug like this even still in the game?! And what workarounds are there for it? Cant be a completely unknown issue i guess?

This is not a bug (most of it).

When you enter the walker, you are essentially starting a sort of "mini-game" within the main game, like entering GSF, or playing the HK-55 chapter. When you start that part of the game you get a special UI just for that part. And when you exit that part, you get your "normal" UI back.

So when you enter the walker, you get a new UI, including a new command bar with abilities specific to the walker (and in the "default" locations for that "special" UI). Those are the only ones you can use for "walker combat". (Because if you think about it, it would be more than a little ridiculous to allow a Jedi Knight to use Force Leap, and all the various light saber attacks, etc., while inside the walker).

Not being able to use your walker abilities while in the walker is a problem, though. Have you tried deleting your DiskCacheArena file, and/or running a repair? Also, if you open up the Interface Editor after you enter the walker, you may be able to rearrange the "walker UI" to put the command bar somewhere you like better.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

Might be a silly question. But is there a way to dismount from this piece of crappy combat-design? Rightclicking the 'buff' icon does not work, and I don't think I can see anything like a 'dismount' button\skill. Edited by NRieh