Make the unstuck command work more often.

I've never gotten re-stuck before the cool down finished.

Honestly, if you are getting stuck more often then the cool down time for /stuck, you are doing several things wrong.

Solution: be more aware, get stuck less often. When you find a stick point, note and avoid it from then on.

The feature has a cool down for a reason, to prevent it being used as an exploit.

Edited by Andryah

I got stuck on Corellia. Using /stuck moved me a couple of pixels to a place where if I tried jumping or moving anywhere, I instantly got stuck again and had to wait 2 minutes to use /stuck again.

Eventually, I managed toget out by using /stuck, then immediately quick travelling.

Edit: Oh, and that stupid message that pops up whenever /stuck is on cooldown is ridiculous. You cannot use /stuck for another 102 seconds. you can use your QT item though. Wait a minute, I need to be standing still to use that, so no, I can't. I'm stuck on the scenery, not standing still.

Edited by dazednconfuzed

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, if you are getting stuck more often then the cool down time for /stuck, you are doing several things wrong.

Yes, I agree. How dare you try to actually explore the environments?! Don't you know you are supposed to stay on the road and only choose the left or right corridor? /sarcasm

Seriously, though, the stuck command cooldown is annoying. I was trying to explore the nooks and crannies of Tatooine tonight, but kept getting smacked down by all the "sticky" rocks...funny thing is, the game would take the liberty of using the stuck command for me, and then placing it on cooldown. I'm not sure what was up with that.

I don't understand why there is even a /stuck command, is this game still in beta?

There's no way every foot of terrain can be tested to ensure that it's not "sticky". I got stuck in WoW plenty, and they had many more years to find & fix all those points.

I don't understand why there is even a /stuck command, is this game still in beta?

Just like WoW right? Every reasonable MMO has a /stuck command. Without it once your character is stuck you'd have to contact customer support and waste much more time than waiting a few minutes for the command cooldown.

I've been stuck in this game more than all other games combined. Additionally there are several places in the game where you get stuck and the only way out is to die and release.

The worst one is on Alderan just outside one of the caves for the Jedi knight story area in with the bugs. As you move up one set of stairs, if you hang a left, you fall into a die only spot. Using /stuck does nothing. I have reported it several times and all I get is that stupid droid response.

I honestly wonder if the world designers have even played a video game before in their entire life.... either that or they are masochists that secretly delight in getting players stuck :eek:

• 1 year later...

Solution: be more aware, get stuck less often. When you find a stick point, note and avoid it from then on.

The feature has a cool down for a reason, to prevent it being used as an exploit.

That's got to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard, you are clearly intellectually challenged and should go and play an FPS right now.

That's got to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard, you are clearly intellectually challenged and should go and play an FPS right now.

I've been stuck in this game more than all other games combined. Additionally there are several places in the game where you get stuck and the only way out is to die and release.

The worst one is on Alderan just outside one of the caves for the Jedi knight story area in with the bugs. As you move up one set of stairs, if you hang a left, you fall into a die only spot. Using /stuck does nothing. I have reported it several times and all I get is that stupid droid response.

I honestly wonder if the world designers have even played a video game before in their entire life.... either that or they are masochists that secretly delight in getting players stuck :eek:

Yes, this annoying, there are plenty of places were the /stuck command does nothing, originally it made phase slightly so you could move through objects, but there are an increasing number of places were it does absolutely nothing.

WoW is still in beta after a decade?

Oh, wait...

Having said that, My only issue with the /stuck command is that it remains useless in certain areas- such as orbital stations. I'm guessing this is because it is considered a form of fast travel, and no forms of fast travel work in orbital stations.

I've been stuck twice in an orbital station in a year of playing. Once I just randomly fell through the damn floor and ended up in a very dark place, and the second time I admit I flat out wasn't paying much attention and jammed myself in a gap.

Both times I had to be pulled out by a fellow player (sorcerer using that pull ability they have, trooper /dueling me and yanking me out with a cable), and both times it took customer service a whole damn day to get back to me.

These are months apart, yet the "bug" remains.

Edited by SkunkWerks

WoW is still in beta after a decade?

Oh, wait...

Having said that, My only issue with the /stuck command is that it remains useless in certain areas- such as orbital stations. I'm guessing this is because it is considered a form of fast travel, and no forms of fast travel work in orbital stations.

I've been stuck twice in an orbital station in a year of playing. Once I just randomly fell through the damn floor and ended up in a very dark place, and the second time I admit I flat out wasn't paying much attention and jammed myself in a gap.

Both times I had to be pulled out by a fellow player (sorcerer using that pull ability they have, trooper /dueling me and yanking me out with a cable), and both times it took customer service a whole damn day to get back to me.

These are months apart, yet the "bug" remains.

Try queing for a WZ. Then, just exit the WZ right away. That should get you "unstuck" in those situations

Try queing for a WZ. Then, just exit the WZ right away. That should get you "unstuck" in those situations

That's not a half bad suggestion. Thank you.

Ideally though, you'd think you'd want to fix a bug that could leave a player unable to use his level 55 main for a day. Assuming "bug" is the right term for it. It feels more like "oversight" to me.

Edited by SkunkWerks

It happent for me too, once i stuck in Corelia and i used the /Stuck but it didnt even work lol.

btw dont care about what Andryah say because her logic is that everything happens is the fault of the player...god help us endure her...

Edited by saremun

It happent for me too, once i stuck in Corelia and i used the /Stuck but it didnt even work lol.

btw dont care about what Andryah say because her logic is that everything happens is the fault of the player...god help us to endure her...

Writing a short ballad praising the sheen of Andryah's hair and spending half a post claiming how much you don't care about what Andryah says is functionally indistinguishable to an outside observer.

That said, I happen to agree- "get stuck less" isn't a valid solution.

There's no way every foot of terrain can be tested to ensure that it's not "sticky". I got stuck in WoW plenty, and they had many more years to find & fix all those points.

As someone who helps closed beta test other games....yes there is. You're not going to catch all of them, but they should be NO WHERE NEAR as common as they are in SWTOR.

Bonus: The Datacron missions. Why on earth would you have such in a game riddled with so many polygon issues? Blows my mind.

Edited by Maelael

Trying to get from entrance of The Observer heroic on Makeb there is a gap next to a block of something and tried /stuck 6 times and it didn't get me out.

Another spot is on the way to do a daily where you drive down into a canyon and get stuck there all the time.

On Hoth trying to jump up to get the datachron on the big ship there is a spot where you get stuck - it doesn't even allow you to type /stuck, it just automatically ports you back across to the other side.

• 4 years later...

ok.. well heres a kicker.... im stuck... then /stuck... then end up in a spot to where i try to quick travel, but it says im moving.... so now im really stuck..... im just gonna log out and see whats up, but if there is a /selfdestruct, that would be great..........

*EDIT*

logged back in, same spot... Plan B: Travel to stronghold, and back to Hoth... somebody needs to really salt this planet................ cause i aint that salty, lol

Edited by _Delcon_
post addition